Author Topic: Arrrrghhh HELP lol  (Read 890 times)

Offline OGUGoose

• Zinc Member
Arrrrghhh HELP lol
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:29:01 AM »
first of all hi everyone .. completely new to this game and from what i have seen it looks great .....

Now the bad news.. i have a logic3 usb joystick model js281# and i cannot configure it in windows, the throttle and rudder will not work properly no matter what i try with windows configuration.  I have tried and failed to find any kind of drivers for this device  :cry :cry

So when I try to play this game the throttle does not work at all, so as a workaround i set 2 of the 12 buttons on it to throttle up and down, however on the 2 attempts i made to play the game i set up my views and remapped controllers etc, then I press a selected runway and lo the engine starts all fine, then with no input from me whatsoever the plane goes to full throttle and turns left on runway .. usually followed quickly by a view of my pancaked plane  :O :O

any ideas on what im doing wrong with the game, anyone got any advice on my joystick ?? im using XP with service pack 3

cheers for and help

Goose

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: Arrrrghhh HELP lol
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »
Best advice, give up on the logitech and go buy a good stick.

Low end Saitek makes a couple of good sticks, ST-290 (around 20$) and the Aviator (around 40$)

Or if you really are serious, you might look at CH gear. Better quality, will last longer, but higher priced.

In order for anything to work in AH it MUST show correctly in windows first.
So you have to get over the windows hurdle before you can even start in AH.

What your dealing with is torque, and autotakeoff, so you might try a P38L (counterrotating engines, no torque)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »
Or buy one of the good logitechs, such as the Attack 3 or Extreme 3D pro. Those work forever, for only spending about $15
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »
I would select "auto-takeoff" in flight preferences and see if that gets you off the ground. 

You shouldn't need any drivers for a USB joystick.  I've had the same CH stick for 10 years and never installed a single thing.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »
Or buy one of the good logitechs,

Oxymoron

such as the Attack 3 or Extreme 3D pro. Those work forever, for only spending about $15

Maybe we have different definitions of forever.  I really do like the Extreme 3D Pro, great feel, lots of buttons but Logitech uses crap pots that wear out pretty quick.  For a cheap stick the Saiteks clobber the Logicraps quality wise.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 04:27:26 PM »
The logitech 3D extreme Pro is a good solid stick. I used my last one for about a year and a half before I upgraded to my saitek X52 and rudder system. I passed my Logitech on to a friend and he is still using it and has not had a problem with it. IT just boils down to preference...

Did you calibrate your joystick?
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
Ciaphas, the problem is for every good one like yours, there are a dozen bad ones that crap out in 3 -5 months.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
You could also select a P-38 to fly, counterrotating propellers so very minimal torque to pull you off the runway.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
Open clipboard goto map controls look to see what axis is spiking,thats whats causing the plane to vere off on auto takeoff,the JS is causing an input to 1 of the axises.You could then use the advanced setting and try to control that axis or axises as the case may be by adjusting deapband,dampening and/or the sliders.

I have several great logijunks hanging around,everone of them has a bad pot. or 2 and not worth the effort to fix!!

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 08:17:36 PM »
I have several great logijunks hanging around,everone of them has a bad pot. or 2 and not worth the effort to fix!!

Yea, at one point I had four dead 3D pros laying around and I cracked em open to see if I could swap out the pots for something better but the way there are put together it would be rather difficult.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 07:50:02 PM »
Ciaphas, the problem is for every good one like yours, there are a dozen bad ones that crap out in 3 -5 months.

The real problem is that the store with the ones that didn't crap out were the Circuit Cities. My Attack 3 is still kicking after four long years of abuse. My Extreme 3D Pro has been responsive for a year and a half-ish. Keep in mind that they were bought at a Circuit City, not Best Buy or Wal-mart, etc.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X