Author Topic: muppets  (Read 8691 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: muppets
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
He cant differentiate between tongue-in-cheek childish antics (subject matter of post) and real childish antics ("OINK!").

Frankly, the 'oinking' doesnt bother me at all.  What makes me shake my head is the motivation for doing it.

LOOK AT ME!!  WHEEEE!!  LOOK AT ME!!!

Its just... unbecoming.

Your Splitting hairs Mazz. 

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
10 oinks in country channel is very minimal.

Actually 10 oinks stacked on top of each other in less than 15 seconds isn't minimal at all.  In fact as far as spam is concerned, that's quite severe.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »
Hello Slapshot,

Actually to some extent I consider each and everyone of us AH'ers a bit dweeby & immature.  The Oinking on country channel is a side issue Sir and has nothing to do with what I was describing above.  In comparison to the belligerent attitudes found here in the BBS and online by the above mentioned, 10 oinks in country channel is very minimal.  I am not really sure what your interest is in this mostly Pigs/Muppets gripefest anyway.  Do you have some insight into this thread that we have not already hashed out, or are you trying to kick it back into high gear again?

Have a great day,

Way

No real agenda concerning the Pigs/Muppets penial measuring contest (BKs would pwn you all  ;)) ... I just found that statement somewhat ironic concerning the "oink" salute.

As far as the "oink" salute ... I have witnessed it before and my first introduction to it was ... WTF ? and I laughed thinking that it was just a particular event and time that prompted all the "oinks" ... no big deal ... then as the night progressed, it continued regularly as POTW landed kills ... it then became annoying and obvious that all the "oinking" on country channel was really to draw attention to the POTW for all the country to see.

In the 7+ years I have been playing, and in all the squads that I have had the pleasure of flying with ... in-squad "grats" have always been on squad text and/or squad vox ... the WTGs are usually left for others within your country to say "WTG Waystin2" ... or if a bunch of POTW land kills together ... "WTG Pigs !!!" ... self-promotion for all to see is ... well ... you fill in the blank.

I wouldn't consider myself dweeby because I participate in a particular hobby ... and at my age ... immaturity is a long past memory.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2009, 04:15:59 PM »
I guess I'm not a big fan of the oinking either- but I've learned to ignore it.

I don't really see how it's any different than any other team where it's members cheer each other on.  When teammates cheer each other on it's seldom "private".  It's generally "on display" to the team, it's fans, and it's opponents and their fans...  It's meant to bolster the team and "advertise" their success, and maybe even draw new people to the team. 

Honestly, I don't see it as too far removed from having a squad name attached behind your name when you get a Kills Landed message.  Or having a squad-related avatar on the BBS.

Why have a publicly viewable squad name show on the roster if not to show pride of belonging to a group?  Oinking is just another way of displaying that pride isn't it? 
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Spam and pride in one's group aren't mutually exclusive..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »
I guess I'm not a big fan of the oinking either- but I've learned to ignore it.

I don't really see how it's any different than any other team where it's members cheer each other on.  When teammates cheer each other on it's seldom "private".  It's generally "on display" to the team, it's fans, and it's opponents and their fans...  It's meant to bolster the team and "advertise" their success, and maybe even draw new people to the team. 

Honestly, I don't see it as too far removed from having a squad name attached behind your name when you get a Kills Landed message.  Or having a squad-related avatar on the BBS.

Why have a publicly viewable squad name show on the roster if not to show pride of belonging to a group?  Oinking is just another way of displaying that pride isn't it? 

I played a lot of sports from boyhood thru college and any cheering that I did for my teammates was just that ... for them ... never for the crowd. A crowd follows a team because they want to ... not because the players are cheering their mates on. I am a big fan of NFL football and have been an avid NY Giants fan since I was a kid ... my attraction to them had/has nothing to do with how or what the players do on the sidelines ... unless you go to a game in person, you almost never see what transpires on the bench ... yet millions still root for their team.

You want to cheer your AH squadmates on ... use squad text/vox.

As you pointed out, the squad name in the buffer should be more than enough "light" on the matter ... let others recognize the accomplishments and give the country WTGs.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2009, 04:46:15 PM »
If this was as big a problem as its being made out to be, there would be an outcry from alot more than the usual suspects.

However, there is not.

Oink!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »
quack quack?

I really haven't played the barnyard animal noise game since preschool.  Ah, memories.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
Oink away!!  :aok  this thread is ----> Y A W N <----  :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »
If this was as big a problem as its being made out to be, there would be an outcry from alot more than the usual suspects.

However, there is not.

Oink!
As usual, in this case it's made a bigger deal by the oinkers than from people pointing out the spam aspect of it.

The original topic is totally derailed.  The pigs don't like the muppets?  Do something about it.. Try and put up a fight in the game.  Anything else is just pixel hot air and spam on the forum.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
Go mups Go mups Go mups cheer cheer woot .. The Top Tier sticks live on Sesame Street. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2009, 05:09:52 PM »
(BKs would pwn you all  ;)
negative.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
Drex, Lev. Those two will put a hurt on everyone else.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2009, 06:11:09 PM »
Drex, Lev. Those two will put a hurt on everyone else.
negative.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2009, 06:16:20 PM »
 :lol
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you