Author Topic: AHII's best fighter pilot?? Naaaaaahhh!  (Read 1241 times)

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
AHII's best fighter pilot?? Naaaaaahhh!
« on: March 07, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »
Well gents, I hate to say this , but as Wm. Shakespear stated :"To thine own self be
true!"   :uhoh  In order to improve myself as I pictured myself as another Eric Hartman of WWII, I studied tactics, acm, bfm & imagined myself to be the best of the very best! 
Now I'm going to wow them all by downloading Baumer's, Yossarian's & USRanger's missions & polish myself to a keen sharp edge   :aok   Watch out
fellow fliers ur doom's approaching, the kid's getting ready, put ur affairs to order as ur time's limited.....WHOOO HAAAHHHH!
Unfortunately, as I found out very quickly, I can't hit the broadside of a barn, in fact the only things I CAN & DO hit is the ground & water.   I tried & flew just about every plane, Allied & Axis, with the same spectacular results .... thumbs down!   :rolleyes:
Surprisingly I managed to shoot down 2 enemy planes in a P47 only to be blown up by others.  I guess the kid's baby blues (eyes) have 2b checked soon.

This turned out to be a most humbling experience, knocked the wind out of my sails...I guess AHII has NOTHING to worry about as this hero is going back to practice, practice & more practice .    The offline missions really bring out the best & the worst in a person .... this gunfighter's riding outta town into the sunset  :(
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: AHII's best fighter pilot?? Naaaaaahhh!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »
Why? All it takes is practise, practise practise, then you will reach the heady heights of errrrrr, being able to land a few kills, have fun, and be like the rest of us.

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
What Wurzel said..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »
Don't waste you time trying to be the best. Some kid will just vulch a shade account at 3am in a dark corner of the map and you'll never be ranked #1. Just do the best you can and give your opponent a good fight. And before you know it, you'll be baggin' "uber" scalps in no time  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »
Don't waste you time trying to be the best. Some kid will just vulch a shade account at 3am in a dark corner of the map and you'll never be ranked #1. Just do the best you can and give your opponent a good fight. And before you know it, you'll be baggin' "uber" scalps in no time  :salute

and on a different note, most of the best fighter cartoon pile-its in Aces high will never show a ranking of #1 or even as high as #100 for the most part......but you will know in less than 2 turns/reversals that the jig is up and you are about to be handed your backside to you on a silver platter when you do run up against one of the topshelf players  :aok

and the only way for you to get to where they are is to keep fighting cartoon fiter pileits that are better than you, and then review your films, and ask them what you did wrong and when did you do it wrong, and to finish ask them what you should have done instead......

never give up, always keep the mentality that you can not be beat, regardless of how far into a fight you are, and get back in the saddle and try it again........ you will get there! you are your only limiting factor........how far do you want to take it and how far do you really want to push for it?

Good Luck ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 01:18:13 AM »
Thx every1 for ur kind words  :) this gunfighter made a wrong turn & wound up at
the Yossarian OK Corral, and after  some gunfights managed a kill in an F4U-1A.

Guess I'm figuring on sticking around, for a spell.   :D
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
I hear elf princesses make damn fine fighter pilots.... :noid
See Rule #4

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:04 AM »
Generally, lots of reading, practicing and most importantly HAVING FUN doing it will help you improve fast.
www.netaces.org and http://trainers.hitechcreations.com

Hooking up with a trainer probably wouldn't hurt either.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
only thing you should really wory about is your kill/death and kill/sortie ratio.

when i started i was like .5/10 and .3/1   total suckage but before i left i managed to do a couple of tours with 3/1 or better i think. still i was just getting to average when i had to close my account. i plan to come back but i dont know when that will be probably like the old ct joke......
2 weeks

either way ill be back near the bottom of the learning curve again because before i played with a crappy system and crappy controls. im not coming back till i got a decent computer and some ch gear lol
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »
only thing you should really wory about is your kill/death and kill/sortie ratio.

I thought the only thing you should really worry about is having fun with the game? I find learning how to fight and getting into fun fights will hamper your score some, but you may find dying in a good fight a lot more fun than scoring kills on unsuspecting victims and then running to base to save your K/D.

The only thing I use the score page for is to gauge my hit %... which sucks!  :lol
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 02:13:21 AM »
What Ghosth said...try the Training Arena with any Trainer.

They can take a look at your flying and give you a snapshot of where you are. Once known they can tailor training to suit your learning requirements. There really is a lot to learn. The good news is you have all the time in the world to learn it based on how much you want to put into the game.

The more you learn the funner (zat a woid?) it gets!!!

:salute

Ren
Aces High Training Corps

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »
and on a different note, most of the best fighter cartoon pile-its in Aces high will never show a ranking of #1 or even as high as #100 for the most part......but you will know in less than 2 turns/reversals that the jig is up and you are about to be handed your backside to you on a silver platter when you do run up against one of the topshelf players  :aok

exceptions of Bruv and Kazaa :]

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
I studied tactics, acm, bfm & imagined myself to be the best of the very best! 

<SNIP>

Unfortunately, as I found out very quickly, I can't hit the broadside of a barn, in fact the only things I CAN & DO hit is the ground & water. 

<SNIP>

This turned out to be a most humbling experience, knocked the wind out of my sails...I guess AHII has NOTHING to worry about as this hero is going back to practice, practice & more practice. 

With this kind of attitude, improvement will happen and you may become one of the better sticks within AH. Remember, all of us started the same way and even the best of us have bad days.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 01:51:18 AM »

This is terrible advice.  Please, please disregard it.

this hero is going back to practice, practice & more practice
  This is all it takes. There are no naturals or prodigies in AHII.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 07:42:48 AM »
Record all of your flights.

Trust your soul to Jesus, if you want, but your cyber bellybutton should trust in instant replay. 

Use the fim viewer after EVERY night of flying (so it's still fresh in your mind), and watch it with trails on, on the extended view.  It will be like someone threw the lightswitch on, I promise.
"You rebel scum"