Author Topic: Looking for a squad, for 2 weeks  (Read 8859 times)

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
Re: Looking for a squad, for 2 weeks
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »
Del,

Did I miss a post? Where are you posting these debriefs? I'd enjoy reading them.

Tim

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »
I haven't written one yet, I am in the process of writing a review of the Loose Deuce squad at the moment.

Unfortunately, of the two squads that won the virtual dice roll neither one is available currently. The first squad is experiencing a low turn out and want to delay the turn out and the other the individual that invited me is no longer part of that squadron.

Auspicious start, hopefully the 3rd winner of the dice roll will take me in.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »
Hi Del

hope you got Fun flying a couple of Sorties with the ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
So anytime you like to have some Fune again, maqybe again a nice SEC Frame, just let me know and you are in!

<S>!

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 02:03:52 AM »
I finally found another squad that would take me in.

The next few weeks I'll be with the Chawks, they won the next dice roll and didn't change their minds.  Those poor devils!   :devil

The first squad write up should be posted within a day or two, it is currently pending Dhyran's (Loose Deuce) approval prior to post.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 04:07:20 AM »
I finally found another squad that would take me in.

The next few weeks I'll be with the Chawks, they won the next dice roll and didn't change their minds.  Those poor devils!   :devil

The first squad write up should be posted within a day or two, it is currently pending Dhyran's (Loose Deuce) approval prior to post.

Approval done,

just to add, i like the whole idea tarveling through the squadrons! Del is a good man and a great stick, you guys will have fun flying with him!
Del, join us on the SECs whenever you like to!

<S>

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 04:23:25 AM »

The Loose Deuce Squadron

Have you ever wanted to join a squad that flies in formation, fights as a team, and uses terminology that sounds like it is straight out of modern gun camera film? If so, the Loose Deuce squad is for you.

My first experience with the Loose Deuce was logging on  reading their 'Message of the Day' consisting of Teamspeak information and some general ideas to help promote proper wingman operations. Immediately, I knew that organization is not just something they maintain to their desktop, for certain my meager abilities would be tested.

Luckily for me, the Teamspeak installation directions were easy to follow and I logged onto their private Teamspeak server. Within moments I knew I was in over my head as everyone on the server at that moment was speaking in a language I didn't understand. My three years of Spanish 2 simply were not going to cut it! I spoke up on their Teamspeak channel as politely as I could.

"Hello gents, this is Delirium, good to meet you all."

The voice broke into English better than my own, "Hello Delirium, good to have you."

The voice belonged to Dhyran (pronounced 'DIE-ron), the Squadron CO from Germany, who was more than willing to speak whatever language was comfortable for the squadron members at the moment. As Dhyran explained to me, 'we would rather speak in English, we can speak combat phrases much easier since the words are shorter.' It turns out that the Loose Deuce have members that are from the US, UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy, and Denmark and with 15 very active members of the squad, they often have someone online.

The fighting style of this squadron emphasizes squadron tactics over individual combat. That doesn't mean the ability of this squadron is limited to squadron tactics, most of these guys have years of experience either in Aces High or Warbirds. I was shown just how able they were during the most active period for the squad; the Sunday European Campaign.

During the Sunday event we took off in SpitVs in a 1942 environment, our opposition was early Focke Wulfs and 109F4/G2s. As we approached the French coast near the Pas de Calais, we got jumped by 109s who outnumbered us with no less than 5k advantage. The Teamspeak chatter began as Spitfire and Messerschmitt became intwined in a frenzied furball, it all began with Dhyran calling the squadron break at the fights onset.

"Borgoo, watch that 109 your 4 o'clock high!"

"Geist, break right, it will put the 109 in my sights."

"Dhyran, we have more 190s on your 6!"

Moments later, the sky was clear with the Loose Deuce squad reforming 'feet wet'. Each engagement with the Luftwaffe was the same; a complete victory for the squad with the enemy running for home and often missing essential pieces of their aircraft. The total score; 12 kills for only 1 loss. I heard their trip to Germany a few weeks later in P51s was even more fruitful with 14 kills to no pilot losses.

(yes, Delirium is the one that pranged his kite upon landing)

They also have made an impact into the Main Arenas as well and their flying style there is a bit more relaxed but not enough for the opposition to gain any advantage. One episode in particular stands out in my memory of their winging in the daily arena. The Loose Deuce were flying approximately 10 miles from an enemy airfield when two spits engaged Borgoo (a nice gentleman from Italy) and I, both of us were also in Spit8s. So used to my P38, I took the fight vertical but it was obvious one of the Spit16s beneath me had the energy to follow me up and overtake as well.

Staying just far enough out from me to take advantage of it, Borgo came in and tore the left wing off that Spit16. Borgoo bled his airspeed to almost zero and the other Spit, seeing a new prize, pulled off of me and went for Borgoo instead. At this moment, Borgoo let his nose fall and the Spit not only lost his shot but also lined himself up for my guns. The entire fight lasted less than 20 seconds and ended quickly with two Spit16s fluttering to the ground below.

The Loose Deuce Squadron was a great home for a few weeks, they were great with one another and got the job done. I'd fly with them again in a scenario environment whenever I could, they made me open my eyes and realize that even structured squadrons can be be a lot of fun. I hope if you're looking for an organized squad, you will consider contacting Dhyran for possible membership at www.loose-deuce.net.

Thanks for the invitation!

Delirium
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 07:51:38 AM »
Great write-up Del. Can't wait to hear more.

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 09:36:02 AM »
At least you still land properly.  ;)

-Zap

Offline baubai

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »
A great report and a great squad.

I know dhyran, what he is doing, he do it for 200%.

If you ever have a chance to enter this squad, take it.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 02:10:14 PM »
Good writeup Del. I've flown next to Dhryan quite a bit in random furballs and I have to say - it's a real pleasure. He's always giving you check 6s, he'll always clear you...it just makes for a fun experience when you have someone next to you that you can trust.

Have fun with the next one.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
Good writeup Del. I've flown next to Dhryan quite a bit in random furballs and I have to say - it's a real pleasure. He's always giving you check 6s, he'll always clear you...it just makes for a fun experience when you have someone next to you that you can trust.

Have fun with the next one.
Indeed. Not too many people that will blow everything they have just to clear a friendly's six.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »
Indeed. Not too many people that will blow everything they have just to clear a friendly's six.
I know of 1, but he secretly curses you after he goes down. Keep it going Delerium, see you in 3 months.

Send in the Clowns. :rofl
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
Lol well nice write up sir!
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 08:30:01 PM »
Great write up, I feel as though I know a lot more about this squad then I had before. (thats a good thing :D)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2009, 12:15:47 AM »
To be blunt, the write up was difficult for me. I haven't done any screen shots in AH before, I haven't done any creative writing in a few years, and I was entirely mixed on how exactly I wanted the format to be. I even toyed with mentioning everyone in a listed squad, but with some of the squads having so many member I feel it would grow impossible.

Thanks for all the kind words, hopefully my writing style will improve (it can't get any worse!).
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"