Author Topic: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...  (Read 8120 times)

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Re: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2009, 08:04:15 PM »
perhaps people should be able to set a limit for themselves.. i.e. it only shows system message for  4+ or 5+ or 10+ if one wished.. anything lower would not show..

Maybe your name shows up in lights at the default of 2 kills.. IE:

NOVA Landed Kills in a F4U-1A of Army of Muppets

but it doesnt show 'how many' kills you landed until you reach 5+:

NOVA Landed 5 Kills in a F4U-1A of Army of Muppets

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
New Idea! Why doesnt it just say "Strokes is Uber" when Strokes lands kills?
Strokes

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »
New Idea! Why doesnt it just say "Strokes is Uber" when Strokes lands kills?
Computers can't lie  :D

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »

If you could shut off kills landed messages for yourself, would you?

Yes. I asked for the option in the Wishlist forum a couple of months ago.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »
The text buffer sure is full of all these people that "don't care" about landing kills, name in lights, etc.  doing that exact thing.  IMO half of you are lying through your tooth.  I like landing multiple kills, so I guess I'll never make the Cool Guy Fighter Pilot Club. :rolleyes:

Btw, the soo uncool "attaboys" from players I'd never spoken to before have started & led to bunches of new virtual friendships, so I like the way things are as-is.

I'm gonna need a list of the names of those of you that suddenly "don't care" about landing multiples or WTGs, as I have a habit of telling those of you that I recognize WTG or good job.  Wouldn't want to continue to "embarrass" you guys & all.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 08:44:57 PM »
The text buffer sure is full of all these people that "don't care" about landing kills, name in lights, etc.  doing that exact thing.  IMO half of you are lying through your tooth.  I like landing multiple kills, so I guess I'll never make the Cool Guy Fighter Pilot Club. :rolleyes:

Btw, the soo uncool "attaboys" from players I'd never spoken to before have started & led to bunches of new virtual friendships, so I like the way things are as-is.

I'm gonna need a list of the names of those of you that suddenly "don't care" about landing multiples or WTGs, as I have a habit of telling those of you that I recognize WTG or good job.  Wouldn't want to continue to "embarrass" you guys & all.

The fact that I was able to on average land 5-6 kill sorties wasn't due to me wanting to see my name in lights but rather due to my opponents not having sufficient skill to keep me from landing my plane.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »
Its a interesting question.  And some of us already DO TURN OFF THE KILL MESSAGE.  For me personally I bail out or auger the plane. No need to ditch for me... So the switch for turning off the kill message is already there.  some times i like to see my name in lights and will land.

<S>   

So  to specifically answer the  question I already do sometimes.  {I try to land any perk ride so I don't waste perks}

No It does not change the way I fly except for what it takes to make it back.

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »
What about just making the landing message a tune to channel. Like 200.?

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »
IMO half of you are lying through your tooth. 

He figured out that a lot of you guys are Willie Nelson fans.

- oldman

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2009, 11:03:22 PM »
I would like to not see names of who I shoot down or who shot me down. The landing kills message I squelch already. If noone sees the amount I land, that's fine with me. To know I did down someone to confirm that person is in the tower instead of to my 6 is enough for me.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »
I'd be to lazy to turn them off.   :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2009, 01:24:20 AM »
Good question Guppy!

I actualy find myself ditching on purpose if nothing kills me, I even go as far as flying to home base and landing on the grass. Simply so i dont have to have my name up. If i have a lot of kills from one of those sorties i usualy dont mind landing them but only to rub in the faces of the spit16 gangers that wanted me dead so bad and failed.

So no i would not hide this message, i can do so by landing on the grass quite easily, but i like the option to land kills if i have a horde bagged. Dont think it would change my flying either, because if im vulching or gangning i make sure i die in the end.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2009, 01:37:25 AM »
I think the actual question should be,  If you are the type that, cares less" about "name in lights or score" at all why land? If the fight is all that matters, then wouldn't it be more efficient to take off, find the furball, fight till ammo and or fuel is gone, ditch, then up a new ride? The time lost from the fighting just to RTB is completely a waste of time, IF "name in lights" and score is so meaningless to an individual!
I think the truth is somewhere in between, as people want to be recognized, just not recognized as tards  :aok

It must be very difficult for some folks who continue the chanting of "score and name in lights" doesn't matter, yet landing their kills on a regular basis.  :rofl :rofl  Oh the internal torment this must cause  :rolleyes:  :aok

Since I asked the question, how often do you see me land kills? :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2009, 01:43:47 AM »
I don't believe you. If you didn't care about score on any level, you wouldn't compete.

The fight is the competition for me.  The score doesn't matter.  This isn't life and death and all i have to gain in the time I get to play is the thrill of a good stick bending fight.

The recognition you've mentioned comes from letting the guy you've just fought know that they've flown well, nice shot, or whatever.  I'd far more want to be recognized in AH for being a guy who doesn't turn away from a cartoon airplane fight, and is a good sport about it win or lose.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2009, 02:51:37 AM »
The fight is the competition for me.  

This is a psrt of "score" I was including.  The joy of the competition.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve