Author Topic: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...  (Read 8041 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: A hypothetical question for the crowd regarding kills landed messages...
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »
Agreed.  I only want the kill messages disabled in the dueling arena.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
Maybe after 4 kills it should just punch you out of the plane....

HOST; Kill 4 has been recorded

Vox; Wooohooo  poof                      AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:rofl     :rofl     :rofl

I agree with the few of you who are sticking up for the guy who does not have enough time to play or is finding it slow going while new. Landing two kills IS a challenge...three is harder of course but two will get you the ATTABOYS you might need from your squad mates.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »
Maybe after 4 kills it should just punch you out of the plane....

HOST; Kill 4 has been recorded

Vox; Wooohooo  poof                      AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
And the guy flying behind you with 3 kills.Gets the proxy on you poof AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2009, 04:50:41 AM »
If you uber ace tards are so jaded that you have no concern for the future of this game and the psychology of new players, then YES lets turn off all and any reward systems from this point on.

The kill landed message is not for YOU, nor are the PERKS for you.

They are for the future of this game you pompus DORKS.

If how this game operated was left up to YOU jaded uber dorks who pontificate on this board in all of their self rightchous splendor, HTC would go broke because the lot of you would DRIVE away new members with your jaded effected ego fantasies of HOW THIS GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED.

You UBER DORKS have been given the DA to live out your ELITIST fantasies. MOOT should be your EMPEROR and crowned DORK. If you cannot make the DA into your fantasy of UBERISM in AH, leave the future of this game alone. You obviously cannot make the MA into your UBER DORK Fantasy image either. You TARDS realy have no clue in hades how good you have it with this game. YOUR UBER ELITIST whining will destroy it if HTC ever lets his guard down.

When did you DORKS forget what it takes to keep a game community viable and replenished? Now all you talk about is scheams to eat the games young and kill Aces High because you are Jaded. So, since it sounds like you guys are increadably unhappy playing Aces High, is this one of the many threads in the last few years that thinly covers up you attempting to sucker newbies into quiting the game based on your DOOM and GLOOM WHINING?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:59 AM »
If you uber ace tards are so jaded that you have no concern for the future of this game and the psychology of new players, then YES lets turn off all and any reward systems from this point on.

If how this game operated was left up to YOU jaded uber dorks who pontificate on this board in all of their self rightchous splendor, HTC would go broke because the lot of you would DRIVE away new members with your jaded effected ego fantasies of HOW THIS GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED.

You UBER DORKS have been given the DA to live out your ELITIST fantasies. MOOT should be your EMPEROR and crowned DORK. If you cannot make the DA into your fantasy of UBERISM in AH, leave the future of this game alone. You obviously cannot make the MA into your UBER DORK Fantasy image either. You TARDS realy have no clue in hades how good you have it with this game. YOUR UBER ELITIST whining will destroy it if HTC ever lets his guard down.

When did you DORKS forget what it takes to keep a game community viable and replenished? Now all you talk about is scheams to eat the games young and kill Aces High because you are Jaded. So, since it sounds like you guys are increadably unhappy playing Aces High, is this one of the many threads in the last few years that thinly covers up you attempting to sucker newbies into quiting the game based on your DOOM and GLOOM WHINING?

:rofl :rofl  The superheros in their capes and satin leggings like to gather about their "round table" in the center hall of "self rightous" manor and pontificate over their self imposed superiority over all the internet kingdom. They truely are pathetic with their " I've been playing for 10 years and I'm superior cause I had the luxury of a learning curve that I want to deny everyone else" mentality!   :rolleyes:

Offline TheZohan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
as bad as suck at this game.. i have landed 5 kills many of times..

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »
Uh-oh, somebody stepped on Grampa Bustr's angry toe! :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2009, 09:02:07 AM »

:rock

Yep...lets pretend everybody is the same and plays the game for the exact same reasons and takes the same type of satisfaction from the game....and if they don't then lets start thread after thread after thread to act like a problem exists because "we" are jaded and cynical and prefer being on the bbs over in the game...

And lets propogate the theory that all new players are mind numbed robots who are incapable of independent thought and are waiting to be captured in the nets of evil veterans who will force gameplay that is unenjoyable and by doing this make them stay!!!

:noid

SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:23 AM »
:rofl :rofl  The superheros in their capes and satin leggings like to gather about their "round table" in the center hall of "self rightous" manor and pontificate over their self imposed superiority over all the internet kingdom. They truely are pathetic with their " I've been playing for 10 years and I'm superior cause I had the luxury of a learning curve that I want to deny everyone else" mentality!    :rolleyes:

Quoted for truth! :rock
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2009, 09:42:37 AM »
They truely are pathetic with their " I've been playing for 10 years and I'm superior cause I had the luxury of a learning curve that I want to deny everyone else" mentality! 

Oh, baloney.  The topic is whether the "landed kills" buffer text is good or bad.  Suggesting that new players will become despondent and flee the game if they can't see their names in lights when they land a certain number of kills is what's patronizing.  Why not broadcast to the arena the "You have successfully landed" messages?  Hey, new players need the positive reinforcement or they'll give up!

- oldman

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2009, 10:49:49 AM »
If you could shut off kills landed messages for yourself, would you?
I'm not talking about shutting it down for everyone, but just you, so that anytime you happened to land kills, no one would know it.  There me be 300 other people who leave it on and land 74 kills in their Spit 16 of vulching doom, but your 6 in your 51D are known only to you.
I'm just curious how important it really is to people?
Do you think you'd fly differently if you didn't get your name in lights and the 'attaboys' that follow?

Nope, I wouldn't, mostly because if I had the option I couldn't be bothered to make the effort. Personally I don't play for score or to see my name in lights, I play for the fights and the kills but it's still nice to see the message pop up when I land a mit-full.
How important is it to people? LOL, it seems it is very important. To read some of the posts in this thread, the best thing to do is to get rid of the whole damned thing because it's ruining the fights don't you know. And while HTC is at it they should ditch the score system as well. 
I've been at this type of game for better than a decade and I'll admit that for awhile I got sucked into the "the fights in here are really starting to suck and it's the score/name in lights causing the bad fights" deal too, but I got over it.

The quality of the fights in this game haven't changed a great deal and are pretty much the same as those I found in AWII/III. What has changed, and always will change as a player gets more accomplished in the game is that player's perception of the quality of the fights they get into. When noobs get their skills up to where they finally managed to win a hard fought kill or two it leaves a mark. As the vast majority of players are of noob or average skill levels, the vast majority of the fights an noob or average stick gets into are against those who are more or less at their skill level. They remember those fights as being something special, difficult, etc. I'll bet they remember some of those fights in detail, I do, but I'll also bet dollars to doughnuts they can't actually remember anything else that was going on around them during their memorable fights - hence the myth of the vast quantities of solid gold 1v1 fights back in the good-old days. As they progress beyond average, the quantity of quality fights they find declines - hence the myth of the decline in the overall skill levels in the game.

Do the "attaboys" make me fly or fight differently? Nope. I fly to fight and fight to get kills. In that regard my goals in the game and the attaboys line up pretty nicely.

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »

As the one who posted the original question, I'd suggest Bustr that your comprehension skills are a bit lacking.

What I asked was, would you turn off kill messages for yourself.  I never suggested turning them all off for everyone.  What I was wondering is if folks think that the landed kills messages and attaboys impact on the way they fly.

I don't ever recall claiming to be uber at anything in AH outside of wrecking P38Gs, for which I have no peer.

So lighten up Francis, read the question better next time, and don't be so pompous.  One would think I touched a nerve or something :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »
My ego needs kudos.......................

trouble is I suck so much it rarely gets any.................

I do think attaboys should have aperk threshold. 

2 kills + 2 perks might weed a lot of stuff out (but thats another topic)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:17:25 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2009, 11:24:46 AM »

You should work on your reading and comprehension skills. While your at it you might get some treatment for that bad case of HUAS you have.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »

Good whine.  Not great, but good.  B-

"Rightchous splendor" was a nice touch.

Actually, the "future of this game" and the "psychology of the new players" is pretty much our focus.

Funny how that works out, eh? :aok