Author Topic: DA Lake  (Read 3253 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: DA Lake
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 09:39:44 AM »
Since when is it not cool to land kills in the da?

i play ma and da, both em fun.

The DA is.... or is suppose to be a Dueling Arena. You have your duel, then if you die you get a new plane, if you win, you bail and get a new plane and duel again. Nobody is suppose to fly away, its suppose to be a "skills" competition. 

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:37 AM »
I go to the DA to have fun, I salute to people and make fun of my flying abilities. I know I cant fly worth a ^&%% but i try out the characteristics of different planes. Also DA does have f3 view but I don't use it because it hinders my experience when I go back to the MA. And cowboy I will put up my account for Ack-Ack to use for the duel..

As I was once told "Don't let your alligator mouth write check your chickadee arse cant cash"
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
Since when is it not cool to land kills in the da?

i play ma and da, both em fun.

There is no point in landing kills in the DA.  You receive no benefit other than to your ego.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
There is no point in landing kills in the DA.  You receive no benefit other than to your ego.

wrongway

unless you want to rub it in their faces  :devil
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »

wrongway

There is no benefit to playing this entire MMO game other than your own ego. Whether its the noob who feels good to land two picks in a Tempest or the vet who now has to land 5 in a P-40  to get the same feeling, on most fundamental level the whole reason anyone pays to play this instead of playing box games against AI is the "Hey! I just beat this guy...I'm doing pretty good." feeling.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:06:37 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 02:20:25 PM »
But if you bail dont you get a death? hence your k/d ratio goes down? i think thats a reason to land.
Invictus Maneo

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »
But if you bail dont you get a death? hence your k/d ratio goes down? i think thats a reason to land.

There is no ranking system for score in the DA.  Besides the well-known sillyness and game-ability of the main arena ranking system, no one cares about your K/D ratio, and it is not a measure of your ability.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 02:29:41 PM »

There is no score in the DA.  I suppose you can look up someones score from the clipboard.  I always thought the DA was about the fight.  If you're worried about score in the DA then......

Judge Smails: Ty, what did you shoot today?
Ty Webb: Oh, Judge, I don't keep score.
Judge Smails: Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?
Ty Webb: By height.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »
There is no ranking system for score in the DA.  Besides the well-known sillyness and game-ability of the main arena ranking system, no one cares about your K/D ratio, and it is not a measure of your ability.

I'm sure people who care about their own will be concerned with others K/D as well.  :noid

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 02:36:29 PM »
i feel like i failed to mention that I'm talking about the furball lake, not dueling. dueling i get your point. but i feel the furball lake is a competitive area, and i care about my own k/d because i feel like it is an important stat. i also feel like a bunch of MA people are making negative comments about the DA. you don't play there why the hell do you care. all these unwritten rules, why don't they post an arena message so that we all get a clue, maybe us DAers would learn a lession. If you high and mighty MA guys hate the DA so much don't go!

p.s.  this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
Invictus Maneo

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
im not worried about my score for others to see, its for my own self, i could care less what others think about my score, i just use it for myself, i see nothing wrong with that.
Invictus Maneo

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »
i feel like i failed to mention that I'm talking about the furball lake, not dueling. dueling i get your point. but i feel the furball lake is a competitive area, and i care about my own k/d because i feel like it is an important stat. i also feel like a bunch of MA people are making negative comments about the DA. you don't play there why the hell do you care. all these unwritten rules, why don't they post an arena message so that we all get a clue, maybe us DAers would learn a lession. If you high and mighty MA guys hate the DA so much don't go!

p.s.  this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Most people you refer to as MA people... well they are in fact AH people who have spent way more time in DA than you have. Back when there used to be courtesy/no h2h dweebies and people asked before engaging (well.. sometimes  :lol).

MA/DA people..  :rofl
How can you even call yourself a DUELLING arena person when you just hangout in a furball area?  :huh

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
k i guess im a furball guy, my bad
Invictus Maneo

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »
The ones that stay at the lake exclusively and fly in the cherry-picking, whording, perk-plane flying squads are VERY concerned about it, they brag about it, and congrat each other on it, fly to make sure it improves......having said all that, I find the lake is slightly more fun than the MA's, depending on what's going on
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2009, 04:06:33 PM »

wrongway

Actually landing more than 5 kills in the DA is not that easy....getting them might be but avoiding the gangs of pick tards to get hm is not. If your leaking some fuel or have had your oil blown out you will become an A#1 prime target for the people in there. Kinda like wounded fish or animal in the wild.

I was surprised to see Spacy flying a spit 16. All he ever used to fly in there was either a Temp or Zeke.

My last trip there Bish were organizing missions and recruiting people to kill all the Rook ack and vulch.   :rolleyes: :mad:  becoming a common practice there i've heard. The Tas started it many months ago.

The bombing of Lake fields is also fairly common and trying to hold a private duel with friends w/o being interrupted or invaded upon happens often.

I still go in there once in awhile to kill them all. They hate people from the main.