Author Topic: The Don Brian Move : I CAN do it  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
The Don Brian Move : I CAN do it
« on: March 19, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
I saw this video On Youtube a Long time ago and Was amazed by this maneuver. I tried forever and Could not Do it in the game. But one day As I was Flying in the TA to get used to my plane for FSO I tried The Maneuver One last time. Surprisingly I Did it  :O
As Bad as a pilot I am, No Aim, no Skill, etc I was Truly amazed i could do it.

For those Of you that don't know what this maneuver is... Click here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQeeGuzleA&feature=related (0:00- 2:32)And then Read forward

To do this Maneuver I recommend the Fallowing
Spit 8
High-alt 5-10k (YOU WILL STALL)
25% fuel

What you need to do Is Pull Back Left on the stick (All the way your stick allows) And Full Right Rudder hold it there for 4 seconds and You will do the Maneuver!
For those Pilots who Can never seem to get a guy off your 6 this maneuver is for you! (Unless you like OTD fighting)

:salute Don Brian for His Actions in WWII

(Yes I know this was done in a P-51 but I think A Spit works Best)

<<<<<<<<S>>>>>>>>
 1st Lt. Barko Edwards
 :D

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: The Don Brian Move : I CAN do it
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »
going to offline to try it now.

Thanks!

Edit:

Just did it.

I did it in the Spit 8, and in the P-51D.
The spit 8, wasn't really hard at all, I went to 10k, did it, and only stalled about 5-600 feet. In the P-51, I stalled it at about 5k, and went down to 2k. Overall, very cool. The 51 rolls a lot more doing it than the Spitty does though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:19:25 PM by 1pLUs44 »
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:27:17 PM »
I been trying to do that nove since that episo aired.  do you have your stall limiator on or off?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
I been trying to do that nove since that episo aired.  do you have your stall limiator on or off?

Keep it turned off. If you want, I can post up film of me doing it in a spit 8.

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:32:20 PM »
Keep it turned off. If you want, I can post up film of me doing it in a spit 8.

yes please.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
Yeah I've been trying in my 51 since I saw this...  I can't seem to effectively do it at anytime.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »
I haven't watched the video yet, but that just sounds like cross control to me. Rudder and aileron in opposite directions, and a little positive elevator and you will stall it right into a spin.
I wouldn't recommend spinning more than 360 degrees as it becomes harder to recover the longer you spin. If you just want to cross control without stalling (useful for bleeding E) don't input any elevator.

I flew the P38 J exclusively, and I would always cross control in a dive to help keep the speed below compression speeds. Sorry for the long rant, and I may be wrong since I didn't watch the video but maybe I helped somebody out there out with a new tip or two.

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 08:43:39 PM »
I saw this video On Youtube a Long time ago and Was amazed by this maneuver. I tried forever and Could not Do it in the game. But one day As I was Flying in the TA to get used to my plane for FSO I tried The Maneuver One last time. Surprisingly I Did it  :O
As Bad as a pilot I am, No Aim, no Skill, etc I was Truly amazed i could do it.

For those Of you that don't know what this maneuver is... Click here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQeeGuzleA&feature=related (0:00- 2:32)And then Read forward

To do this Maneuver I recommend the Fallowing
Spit 8
High-alt 5-10k (YOU WILL STALL)
25% fuel

What you need to do Is Pull Back Left on the stick (All the way your stick allows) And Full Right Rudder hold it there for 4 seconds and You will do the Maneuver!
For those Pilots who Can never seem to get a guy off your 6 this maneuver is for you! (Unless you like OTD fighting)

:salute Don Brian for His Actions in WWII

(Yes I know this was done in a P-51 but I think A Spit works Best)

<<<<<<<<S>>>>>>>>
 1st Lt. Barko Edwards
 :D

This can be done in just about any fighter....  There were two threads about this a little over a year ago (possibly corresponding with the P-51 Dogfights Episode)..
I've done it in just about everything..  Although it works out similar to what is shown in the show, I still wouldn't try with someone less than 400 off of your six because they WILL
ram you and it will most likely be unintentional (has happened to me a few times)..  Oh, and you pretty much black out most of the time too..  Nothing like falling a couple thousand feet while blacked out and hoping you come to before you get too close to the ground...
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »
 I must be doing it wrong because when I do it I end up going in the opposite direction but it happens in like a sec not a big roll like the video
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »
This move surfaces every year or so. Like stated above about a year ago there were several threads on it citing the very same dogfight episode.

It works great as an escape move for the p51.

But the move described in this thread and the others is in fact the very same move you see 109 sticks use all the time. The one where u see them go up and suddenly reverse into guns immediatly and you go boom. It is the exact same move.

The difference is that the 109 does in the verticle at stall speed as opposed to using it horizontal as an escape.

I do both in the k4. Escape and guns. The difference is that in a 109 you can recover immediatly and turn it around into an offensive move.

In a p51 you need about 5k to recover where as the 109 can recover immediatly and float around waiting on your nose to drop.