Author Topic: I fly With Honor, How About You?  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: I fly With Honor, How About You?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »
Shoot chutes because if he bails successfully he gets half his points. (Yeah, yeah, the points thing again....) he gets 40% of them even if he's captured.

Kill them.

Why do you care how many points he gets?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »
Kill the planes, kill the chutes, kill them all... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »
Kill the planes, kill the chutes, kill them all...

^ U say this

Your Signature says this
The Nicest Guy In Aces High

:huh :confused: :uhoh :lol

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:54 PM »
kill them all, let Allah sort them out!  :P
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:41 PM »
I won't ram someone with a perfectly good plane...unless they are going for troops....does that count?

S

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
It's a riot to hear some of you guys say that there is no honor in the game. That is truly the most outlandish statement I've ever heard. Many people who are on these boards have to begin with, some of them, do not. I tend to fight with honor in every situation possible, so there is absolutly no way you can call me out on anything.
Most of my shots that I take are on the enemy's six, so that it shows that I won fair and square. And with my expectations, that's what kills me when killing other people.

Most people don't have the same view as I have, and I get pizzed when someone dosn't fight the way I think that they should have fought. I hate poeple who HO, it's a useless, dumb tatic that gets you no were, if you miss. It just shows me that you have no skill, and it's going to be an easy kill.

I had a run in with a 190A-5 in my 190D the other day. We were just about Co-alt and I just cam out of a loop for another go around on another con below him. I look at him and decide to go after him. He sees me coming, so I pull a little to the right, to avoid the HO. Of course, he HOes, and takes off my elevator in the first pass. I loop and he loops with me. Now I'm really pizzed, this guy knows what he is doing, and he HOes me?  :huh
So we come out of the loop and he HOes me again, great. So I fly him around for a wile and some one finally comes in and kills him and I tell him, good job HOing me.
He tells me that I don't HO unless I have to. He had to HO me in that situation?  :huh

Just makes me wonder.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
It's a riot to hear some of you guys say that there is no honor in the game. That is truly the most outlandish statement I've ever heard. Many people who are on these boards have to begin with, some of them, do not. I tend to fight with honor in every situation possible, so there is absolutly no way you can call me out on anything.
Most of my shots that I take are on the enemy's six, so that it shows that I won fair and square. And with my expectations, that's what kills me when killing other people.

Most people don't have the same view as I have, and I get pizzed when someone dosn't fight the way I think that they should have fought. I hate poeple who HO, it's a useless, dumb tatic that gets you no were, if you miss. It just shows me that you have no skill, and it's going to be an easy kill.

I had a run in with a 190A-5 in my 190D the other day. We were just about Co-alt and I just cam out of a loop for another go around on another con below him. I look at him and decide to go after him. He sees me coming, so I pull a little to the right, to avoid the HO. Of course, he HOes, and takes off my elevator in the first pass. I loop and he loops with me. Now I'm really pizzed, this guy knows what he is doing, and he HOes me?  :huh
So we come out of the loop and he HOes me again, great. So I fly him around for a wile and some one finally comes in and kills him and I tell him, good job HOing me.
He tells me that I don't HO unless I have to. He had to HO me in that situation?  :huh

Just makes me wonder.

Then, he comes on the message boards and starts a thread about someone accusing him of HOing and was it really a HO or not.....

Say No to ch200. 
(voluntarily, of course.  Your results may vary)

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »
I tend to fight with honor in every situation possible, so there is absolutly no way you can call me out on anything.

Ever vulch anyone?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
I dont call it honor since this is just a video game, me personally wont HO unless someone gives me a good reason to, I pick people but I wont shoot at someone who has like 2 guys already on him and I will normally ask someone if they need help with a con before I engage. Calling it honor is alittle silly maybe respect I dont know :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
This is what it comes down to for me.

I'm 48 years old, sitting at a computer, pretending to be a cartoon fighter pilot.  When words like honor get thrown around here, I kinda want to giggle as I look around and don't see myself as a 'knight of the air', but some past his prime guy sitting in his chair in his computer room.  Nothing real noble about it :)

If you want to shoot my chute, go for it, although I don't recall ever bailing out of my 38G as 'riding it in" seems a much quicker way to get back to the tower and a new cartoon pilot and P38G.  If blasting my half a wing 38 is what gives you a thrill, then feel free.  I get a new one everytime and I have yet to die :aok

I understand what you are saying, but maybe  I'd word it differently.  Maybe you are recognizing it wouldn't be a fair fight and not much of an accomplishment to shoot down a half a wing F4F.  Maybe you are just letting the guy see if he can get it down OK.

Playing fair, being a good sport about the game, and keeping it in perspective seems the most important things to me.  My life won't change one bit based on whether CorkyJr has a good or bad night in his cartoon 38G.  I just can't take any of it that serious in AH :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 06:32:36 PM »
Why do you care how many points he gets?

Because pointmongering fosters bad habits like vulching, ganging and picking.  I am prepared to believe that there are some people out there who revel in the immersion of floating to the ground in a parachute.  I also believe that there aren't many of these, and that the vast majority of chute people are trying to preserve their scores.  So I hold it almost a sacred duty to shoot them, if doing so doesn't take me away from a real fight.

- oldman

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 06:37:22 PM »
Yea i once saw somebosy walk in hsi chute all the way out of the dar ring so he could bail.
Strokes

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »
We're fighting 12 year olds half the time. Honor? My rosy red arse :rofl
Lighten up Francis

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
Honor doesn't come into the equation for me.  I get my joy out of killing the other cartoon persona's in game.
Of course, I work towards being a good sport about it, but honor?  who needs it  ;)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
 :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher