Author Topic: I fly With Honor, How About You?  (Read 4550 times)

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: I fly With Honor, How About You?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2009, 07:29:02 AM »
I try to fly with a little honor or class , I think I prefer the word class , won't go into what makes the word honor just a little and I mean little too strong for me to apply in here . I don't HO unless way outnumbered or attacking a buff formation , not alot of skill required for that . I think a well planned out and executed vulch is just a frakkin blast did one yesterday with m00t and kappa that had us laughin our heads off . My vulches have nothing to do with score . I kill chutes because I fly neked and the high wind speeds makes my stuff sound like playing cards in bicycle spokes <shudder > I only did that once and I resent those that don't have to consider that angle in their playing style .  I think a big problem is smack talk especially when hippocritical . A dewd the other day was raggin someone he and his bud gang banged for hoing . Few minutes before this he had tried to ho me on several passes . Fight starts 1 on 1 me in my fork him in a mk 16 . Roughly co alt . I wear him out when a squaddie of his comes to the fight in a zero . I break off get a lil distance his zero buddy loses interest . I go back in as he kept chasing me . Wear him out again getting ready for a kill shot and his zero buddy shows up again . My SA was not so good this time and attempt to reset gets me kilt after a short chase .This dewd starts talkin smack about how I am nothing but a running stick stir . I find the hipocrisy just a little too much and invite him to 1v1 away from cherry picker lake . he sez sure and starts telling me to hurry up and meet him . I go ahead and augger because his text calls are starting to get a lil shrill . As I am going as fast as I can I ask him What ride he wants to do and what alt he wants to merge . He wont pick one or fuel load just any plane any load but right now . I had to change countries after my augger to get to the right field . I am thinkin this guy gonna up a Zero and who knows what else he gonna try to pull . So I grab a A6m5 25 fuel launch , he is already on the way . So I just say on ALL channel 5k alt for merge and no hoing . I am just getting to 5k get a long vis and he is at 5k alt so I think "maybe I am wrong and he gonna do it right" . As we hit icon range he is in a Zero all right this guy aint tracking .  I start my dive to get a lil speed up for the fight . Well he drops maybe 200 feet alt , he dont look real fast to me what is he doing ? I get about 1550 below him lead loop It isn't a 2 turn fight and he is fluttering to the ground w/out a tail . So much for ubber stick its just ubber mouth . I type out LMFAO . His response is "LMFAO right you said 5k merge and then dove all the way to the deck you dweeb" . I respond "again ?" . He is willing . I say "5k alt" again after clarifying 5k is the alt limit .  "A6m2 this time" I think to myself . Start heading to his base . This time he is on the deck in a A6m2 lower then the trees . Fight is short and predictable , a lil spiral climb roping and he is heading to the ground with a long stream of burning avgas behind him . Time to lighten up and not be an A-hole , I think . So I type "GF" no response and he is back over at cherrypickstock I guess . Well dewd aint gonna give me a GK or nothing so I talk a lil more smack , pointing out that I aint about much and he wasn't  even up to that standard . Was going to suggest he look up some guys who can fight who slum in the DA like batfinkv or Vudak or Spatula or WMLute .  Those 4 gents right there  are all high quality sticks who got  the ability to teach as well . Just to name a few who have helped me out with the learning hairpin in here . Well the fella ran off before I could deliver any of that sage advice . Point is , I seldom if ever believe in absolutes , when it comes to personal behavior . I think if he would of bailed out of his burning paper airplane I woulda even let him go ahead and float on down after the second flight .  I think there is little in this game that is a never do or don't do , with one grave exception . NEVER EVER  let Silat  your sheep !!!!!! Or take a hlbly seriously !!!!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »

its a GAME get over it
One worthless post comming right up!

(mines just as worthless as he is, I know :noid)
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

its a GAME get over it

There were advantages when it cost per hour to play an online flight sim. Kept the kiddies out.

On another note I ran into, I assume, one of the old guard. After shooting half my wing off he pulled up along side and then peeled off. Of course some Pee 51 dweeb shot me down 15 seconds later. You don't see class like that much anymore.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »
I HO everything I see. After the HO, I run for my ack.

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
I HO everything I see. After the HO, I run for my ack.

Thats how I left the game, and thats how I plan on returning to the game.

But honestly its a video game.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
Bark0 meet Ack-Ack   :rofl

And one further observation concerning Real WarWar is War. It's not some surreal 18th century game where pompous aristocrats dress up in silly uniforms and ride around on horses waving swords, all the while talking about "Honor" in warfare. War is killing and being killed. It should be avoided until absolutely unavoidable, then prosecuted with total ruthlessness once it starts. Accepting this reality would prevent many wars from happening, while shortening the ones that do. :salute

<End of Rant>

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."  Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC, 13 victories

That's what I fly by...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »
"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."  Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC, 13 victories

That's what I fly by...

Yep, I'm sure his words were in the minds of RAF pilots as they shot down Luftwaffe SAR flying boats and strafed Kriegsmarine boats engaged in SAR operations.  Sometimes even with rescued RAF pilots onboard the German SAR craft.

Let's face it, any sense of 'honor' went out the window on that cold April spring morning over Flanders when a Frenchman brought along his trusty rifle with him in his plane and started the 'dishonorable' practice of shooting at another plane.

It's also silly to prize 'honor' in a game where the main goal is to kill the other guy, preferrably by shooting him in the back or with a horde of friends.  But then, I'm sure you're a shining beacon of honor with your example of honor in the Dueling Arena.  Remind me again how you fight with honor in the DA?  Oh yea, you and your other 'tardmates flying above the furball in late war rides picking anything that is already engaged and running from a 1v1. 

ack-ack
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:59:48 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »

That's what I fly by...

Was that after the war or during, cause im sure if he was DEFENDING HIS country he would shoot him down crippled or not to save HIS people
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:59:34 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2009, 02:15:59 AM »
Many times in engagements you might be faced with situations that require you to make a split second decision that will result in life or death for another player or yourself. Sometimes that decision will result in the most freakish event you could possibly imagine and someone will either be laughing at you or with you. I decided a long time ago that no one leaves alive and so I dont have to hear anyone say 'Oh yeah that guy you let get away chased me down with half a wing and killed me.'

If you see an M8 parked on a knoll with his front end raised he is going to try and shoot you. A guy in a parachute has a .45 and if he has the chance he will kill you. If when you land you fly over a spawn point there will be a flak there to kill you. And if half of your wing is shot off and you try to land someone will dive through fifty miles of ack to vultch you.

Live with it in your own way.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »
Yep, I'm sure his words were in the minds of RAF pilots as they shot down Luftwaffe SAR flying boats and strafed Kriegsmarine boats engaged in SAR operations.  Sometimes even with rescued RAF pilots onboard the German SAR craft.

Let's face it, any sense of 'honor' went out the window on that cold April spring morning over Flanders when a Frenchman brought along his trusty rifle with him in his plane and started the 'dishonorable' practice of shooting at another plane.

It's also silly to prize 'honor' in a game where the main goal is to kill the other guy, preferrably by shooting him in the back or with a horde of friends.  But then, I'm sure you're a shining beacon of honor with your example of honor in the Dueling Arena.  Remind me again how you fight with honor in the DA?  Oh yea, you and your other 'tardmates flying above the furball in late war rides picking anything that is already engaged and running from a 1v1. 

ack-ack

"blah blah blah I'm going to belittle you and how you play the video game because I'm superior"

At least that is all I get out of most of your posts anymore.   :rolleyes:

There are just as many stories of honorable actions in the skies as their are merciless ones.  Same for the battles on the ground.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »

There are just as many stories of honorable actions in the skies as their are merciless ones.  Same for the battles on the ground.

I swore I wouldn't get back into this fray, BUT this post really beckons.  While there are some "honorable stories" and the key word is some, you can bet the Farm on the fact that the honorable stories are infinitesimally small compared to those that are not honorable..ie, there is NOTHING honorable about war. So, to further illustrate:  Scenario:  Pilot in a FW 190, positioning his aircraft for a "run" on a formation of B17's...he targets the "tail gun and the Ball turret and squeeze the trigger.

Do you actually think the pilot in the 190 thought about the fact that his guns were gonna reduce the airmen in those positions to soup? Same principal apply s to all combat pilots...kill or be killed pure and simple.

Do you think the B17 pilots hesitated dropping their ords because there were people in the factories/cities?  Sure they may have had misgivings, but, they did what they were trained to do...Kill or be killed!

Side note: Normally most of AckAck's posts really are somewhat abrasive, however this time he's got it "nailed" (Whew!! that was a really difficult admission)  :)

*Opinions are like armpits, occasionally they stink..my above opinion/analogy may stink, but remember this: if you think it does, you own the problem.  :cool:

BAck to reality..*POOF*
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »
I swore I wouldn't get back into this fray, BUT this post really beckons.  While there are some "honorable stories" and the key word is some, you can bet the Farm on the fact that the honorable stories are infinitesimally small compared to those that are not honorable..ie, there is NOTHING honorable about war. So, to further illustrate:  Scenario:  Pilot in a FW 190, positioning his aircraft for a "run" on a formation of B17's...he targets the "tail gun and the Ball turret and squeeze the trigger.

Do you actually think the pilot in the 190 thought about the fact that his guns were gonna reduce the airmen in those positions to soup? Same principal apply s to all combat pilots...kill or be killed pure and simple.

Do you think the B17 pilots hesitated dropping their ords because there were people in the factories/cities?  Sure they may have had misgivings, but, they did what they were trained to do...Kill or be killed!

Side note: Normally most of AckAck's posts really are somewhat abrasive, however this time he's got it "nailed" (Whew!! that was a really difficult admission)  :)

*Opinions are like armpits, occasionally they stink..my above opinion/analogy may stink, but remember this: if you think it does, you own the problem.  :cool:

BAck to reality..*POOF*

We could go back and forth on it.  The 190 who found the b17 crippled and flying in the wrong direction?  Came alongside and directed them back to the coast.

War is hell.  No doubt about it.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »

High above the enemy...

Runnin from 1vs1
(flyin my uber rides)

See, we're not afraid to meet this sticky end...

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'm at families house in Montana, so I only have what's on my photobucket...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »
alot of people I am surprised to see, think there is no Honor here  :confused:

I just cant understand that, ya its a game, but don't all games have honor or class? 

I am vexed by the lack of understanding, that honor is, something that has a place in every aspect of ones life...

maybe I am just a Barbarian who is alone in this very turned upside down world...

where the rulers....

alright I am gonna stop here......................... ..............

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2009, 01:39:17 PM »
Ok so last night took off in a typhoon and went and engaged incoming to our base.  First one i shot at was a zero that was trying to shoot down a freindly plane and my guns made him burst into flames. He disengaged my freindley and I figured at that point let him go hes going to try and make it back to base. unfortantly he blew apart enroute back i got a kil message.
My next kill was a clean kill off a 109.
At this point at 100 rounds left and knowing im not that good and be nice to land two kills i headed back to my base.  Im also not great at landing so i line up runway throttle back drop gears and touchdown but my plane went into the grass a bit.
I did not want to seee you have ditched so throttled on a tarmac and killed engines.
I hit esc key and was just clicking end sortie when BOOM! DOOM#1 blew me away.
I was so disgusted i just logged.
To me if your the enemy and you landed congrats im not going to blow off the tarmac for my own evil giggle.
Proud ex member of the Gravdiggers   ----RA> Ahhh the good old days of Air Warrior in 3D