Author Topic: Your just a score guy  (Read 1634 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
Your just a score guy
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
Change perks and get rid of score. Make missions somewhat mandatory.

Why?

_score guys no longer matter / change it to rank= It resets every tour
_You achieve a certain rank you get to fly better aircraft and drive better vehicles.
_Change perks from a number to the amount of lone wolf sorties you can fly. (exception...Gv's and attack mode base defense)
 -Meaning you fly "X" amount of missions (whether started or joined) and you get a lone wolf sortie. (Fighter mode)
_missions completed increases your rank
_missions landed increases you rank
Why?  =score guys no longer matter

makes the game better by making players learn the game and how to play it strategically.(together)
Makes the game closer to real world war II tactics and forces people to help friendlies more.
Makes the players better by making them progress through the different types of aircraft to achieve rank.
Takes away the picking ponies because they are flying with others.  They have to work together.
creates multiple hot spots instead of TT or A1 being the only action for an entire tour.
newer players would be flying along side more experienced players helping them to become better players.

Thanks ZOO ZOO for saying that about me it made me think about other peoples perceptions about being a well rounded strategic player  :t

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:28:19 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Your just a score guy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
So your saying i need to fly in "mizzuns" with a bunch of guys who cant spell ACM let alone apply it just so I can "earn" a "fighter mode". Meanwhile I can deal with even more guys who cant fly since "landing" is more important then actually accomplishing anything.

What we really need to do is to totally eliminate 4 engine bombers since they have no real place in a tactical air war, eliminate formations in medium bombers and greatly increase the lethality/number of auto-acks. Also increase the number of trains, convoys and provide all of them significant auto-ack so any NOE mission had a real possibility of discovery/damage. Take the game out of the hands of the armchair wannabe's and make the players earn "victory" {if you can call it that} by the application of at least some level of skill.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »
The more guys in the mission you can increase the hardness of targets....would help keeping the hordes down

Bigger groups attack a base more auto guns enable.....again keeps to hordes down

If mission comes from one base town rebuilds in half the time.... helps make missions with groups from different bases to coordinate missions better.

Remember, some people couldn't care less about "winning the war", or "working together" Some people enjoy just jumping in a plane and batteling it out. Some people enjoy sitting around a spawn and think they got skills because they can hit a non-moving fresh spawn target  :rolleyes:

By limiting the game HTC will cut into the number of people who play the game, so you can pretty much figure it ain't going to happen.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 02:07:52 PM »
I think your on to something with flying with inexperienced mizzuns planners but after awhile, couple of weeks, things and opinions of missions posted and by who would be balanced and bad mizzun planners would fly with good mission planners.  Or even multiple missions together.  I think tactically things would get better and people would play better faster. 

As far as convoys and more trains and making strat targets worth hitting I agree :rock

As far as killing nothing but NOE missions :aok :aok :aok

My whole point is increasing the skill level of all and making the game better, more realistic and in my opinion what it was designed to be.  It has become a rarity to see anything other than NOE missions, furballs and spawn camping.  The game has been played to its capacity and the weak points are being exploited over and over again.  Lets mix it up a bit.

Stirring the pot as usual :noid

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 02:12:01 PM »
The more guys in the mission you can increase the hardness of targets....would help keeping the hordes down

Bigger groups attack a base more auto guns enable.....again keeps to hordes down

If mission comes from one base town rebuilds in half the time.... helps make missions with groups from different bases to coordinate missions better.

Remember, some people couldn't care less about "winning the war", or "working together" Some people enjoy just jumping in a plane and batteling it out. Some people enjoy sitting around a spawn and think they got skills because they can hit a non-moving fresh spawn target  :rolleyes:

By limiting the game HTC will cut into the number of people who play the game, so you can pretty much figure it ain't going to happen.

Create a new arena and call it NOSKILLVILLE. It would consist of TT and 3 air bases.  A better marketing point of view would be to call it capture the flag or instant action land.  All you would need to do is throw in mickey and the gang instead of the sheep.  :rofl

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
Check out Special Events. You're never going to get anything other than what you mentioned in the MA.

BTW... I don't think requiring mission attendance will increase skill level...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »
The game play has gone wayyyyyyyy downhill. Like you said only NOE missions, and all of those are 110s and goons. Skill level has also dropped a ton. Todays player doesn't want to "learn" the game they only want to "win the game" and most will do what ever they can get away with to win.

As long as the money is rolling in I don't think HTC will change anything, it might upset and balance that may be on the edge due to the economy as it is. Any change would have to come from the player base, and right now, for the majority of players, that's just too much work  :rolleyes:

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 02:25:19 PM »
The game play has gone wayyyyyyyy downhill. Like you said only NOE missions, and all of those are 110s and goons. Skill level has also dropped a ton. Todays player doesn't want to "learn" the game they only want to "win the game" and most will do what ever they can get away with to win.

As long as the money is rolling in I don't think HTC will change anything, it might upset and balance that may be on the edge due to the economy as it is. Any change would have to come from the player base, and right now, for the majority of players, that's just too much work  :rolleyes:

Heck this is turning into the thread I wanted it to turn into.  Chime in AH players who like to play the game that allows them to get to 1944.  Its your money :devil

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:54:57 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 02:35:20 PM »
Meanwhile I can deal with even more guys who cant fly since "landing" is more important then actually accomplishing anything.

More people would be landing because humble is there.  Kinda my point.  Rank would be earned because its not about one guy flying one hour with all their shade accounts or suaddies on the runways.   They wouldn't be able to do that because they would have to earn to many fighter mode perks to do it and that goes for the squadies perks / fighter modes as well. ( i know this is an exaggeration but you know what I'm talking about)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 02:43:48 PM »
Yayyyy... another Play-My-Way! thread  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »
See Rule #4

aaaah we have a person who thinks that the country plays together as a team and there are no perk farmers and a giant furball for 3 weeks at the same place is a great WWII simulator. Go to the new arena called noskillville.  The fact is that the title says your just a score guy.  Read the initial post.  Then give a response.  This post is about the lack of team work amongst the country. The lack of multiple players working together and helping to improve the quality of new players and developing strategy across the spectrum of the assets created in the game....i.e planes and vehicles. It is not about being able to join a mission, get ganged, find a fight or running NOE missions with the squad.  Its about: theses are the only things going on. IMO this game was designed to be so much more if people wanted it to be more realistic it could be.  Instead it has become spawn camping, vulching, HOing and NOE missions to a town. I wish they had a pimp slap smiley  :devil :devil :devil
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:55:16 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
The game is about aerial combat. Taking bases is just an enabler for aerial combat.
Requiring players to join missions would just to lead to more lemming NOE gameplay.

Really... you're looking for Special Events.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »
Yayyyy... another Play-My-Way! thread  :lol

Well lusche I kinda got offended the other day when I was trying to play the game to lower my score / be a better player of the game.

Hence the title.

I thought about what the game is....WWII simulator

I thought about the game play....as mentioned above

I thought about how to make it what it is advertised to be....WWII simulator

as mentioned above these are my thoughts on how to maybe make it what it is advertised to be.... :salute
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:56:40 PM by ToeTag »

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 02:58:01 PM »
Make missions somewhat mandatory.

That is as far as I got in this thread.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.