Author Topic: Your just a score guy  (Read 1637 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
Re: Your just a score guy
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »
The game is about aerial combat. Taking bases is just an enabler for aerial combat.
Requiring players to join missions would just to lead to more lemming NOE gameplay.

Really... you're looking for Special Events.

this is my point enabling more fights in more than one place.  AVG didn't have radar and they new the japs were coming.  NOE should die
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:56:02 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »
My reply was to fugitive and the uproarious din of the "downhill play" mentality that is so prevelent. Now to address you and your stupid idea, most could care less about strategic goals and missions and score and rank and for that matter YOU! So when you're ready to pull out from behind your shade and analize the replies to the replies from your initial thread, you can join the rest of us in a little irrlivent computer game called aces high !  Get a grip  This is not reality and you can play anyway you desire  :aok :aok

Go play in NOSKILLVILLE or DA

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
this is my point enabling more fights in more than one place.  AVG didn't have radar and they new the japs were coming.  NOE should die
If everybody was required to join missions, there wouldn't be more fights in more places... there would be more undefended base captures in more places, however.

You don't want a 24 hour hardcore realism arena. Even if it sounds fun, it's not. Trust me ;)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:07:57 PM by Motherland »

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »
Go play in NOSKILLVILLE or DA

:huh

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »
I thought about how to make it what it is advertised to be....WWII simulator

as mentioned above these are my thoughts on how to maybe make it what it is advertised to be.... :salute

You should go to the main page and read again what HTC is really advertising... and what not. :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
You should go to the main page and read again what HTC is really advertising... and what not. :)

AH AH AH I'm not belittling HTC just stating what it is.  WWII simulator not a unreal tournament spawn as much as you can there is no strategy just live and die environment.  There are outlets to do that sorta thing.  There should also be outlets for more realistic game play on a day to day basis.  Heck even once a week its mission night.  Only fly missions.  Kinda argued my way into that, but what about doing that?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 03:28:03 PM »
There should also be outlets for more realistic game play on a day to day basis.  Heck even once a week its mission night. 
Try FSO, snapshots, scenarios...ect ect ect.

MA= play the you want, not play the way others want.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
AH AH AH I'm not belittling HTC just stating what it is.  WWII simulator not a unreal tournament spawn as much as you can there is no strategy just live and die environment.  There are outlets to do that sorta thing.  There should also be outlets for more realistic game play on a day to day basis.  Heck even once a week its mission night.  Only fly missions.  Kinda argued my way into that, but what about doing that?

You are stating not what it is.
You apparently have your own playing style (nothing wrong with that). But then you try to impose that very style on everyone else (everything wrong with that).
You like teamplay, missions? Find like-minded players (there's a lot of them) and fly together. Join FSO, scenarios, snapshots.
But don't take away the ability to just drop into the arenas with only a limited time to play, and just up any plane and go out having fun.
And if you really rethink your actual proposals, you will see that they wouldn't really work as intended...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »
My reply was to fugitive and the uproarious din of the "downhill play" mentality that is so prevelent. Now to address you and your stupid idea, most could care less about strategic goals and missions and score and rank and for that matter YOU! So when you're ready to pull out from behind your shade and analize the replies to the replies from your initial thread, you can join the rest of us in a little irrlivent computer game called aces high !  Get a grip  This is not reality and you can play anyway you desire  :aok :aok

GIGGITY

Why is it so prevalent? Maybe so many are complaining about it due to it really being a problem. How long have you been playing shreck, your score goes back to 04, did you ever play AH1? Do you have any idea of what the game was like way back then? This win the game at all costs crap wasn't there. Sure there were squads looking to capture bases, but in the process of doing that they were willing to fight for it. These days people just slink around and try to grab bases from under peoples noses. I read one post recently and a CO of a squad was bragging at how good they are at NOEs and that is why they use them so much.  :rolleyes:

Sure you can find all those fight you were talking about, but they aren't GOOD fights. They are quick wham bam type things....then you have to look for another fight. In AH1 the fights lasted hours and it was a real accomplishment to win the capture. It was a fun challenging night. Today you may have spurts of fun, but the challenge is gone nothing is sustained any more. You could be in a battle for an hour, log off for supper, and log back in and join back in on the same battle....different players, but the same fight. People worked hard to get better, people trained, people practiced. Now people log in join the biggest horde and have at it. Its a sad view of what this game use to be.

Will I cancel my subscription, nope. I hope the game play will come back, and I'll continue to remind people what they are missing. I log on less and less these days, but I still look for and find some fun when I do, but should the game ever return to the way it use to be, then my wife will have to pull out those divorce papers again   :D

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 04:02:46 PM »
You are stating not what it is.
You apparently have your own playing style (nothing wrong with that). But then you try to impose that very style on everyone else (everything wrong with that).
You like teamplay, missions? Find like-minded players (there's a lot of them) and fly together. Join FSO, scenarios, snapshots.
But don't take away the ability to just drop into the arenas with only a limited time to play, and just up any plane and go out having fun.
And if you really rethink your actual proposals, you will see that they wouldn't really work as intended...

Which is why I made the previous post "Mission night".  There are outlets for quickies (which you quoted) like the DA.  There should be the TT and three air fields for the quick instant action guys who only want to or have time to be emerged in a furball or spawn camp and get 1000 GV kills in a tour.  There should also be a full capacity; mission oriented arena for the "there's allot of them" people who want a challenge and not the aforementioned turkey shoot unreal tourney game play.  FSO and snap shots and scenarios are not full capacity game play events.  Meaning you cant choose your plane and load out, nor can you go to any field you want.   The "Theres allot of them" folks would like this option.  The option of plane set, load out and only to work as a team.  If they don't like one mission they can choose from another or they can fly with their squad and they can do any thing they want.  The key is that they have to do it together. Thanks for helping me clarify my original suggestion.  No I'm not being cheeky.  :salute

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 07:01:45 PM »
Hmmm why don't you just play WWIIOL which is of course EXACTLY the type of scheme over there that u suggest for here and the reason I didn't stay around long
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
well since i don;t fly missions then i would like to wish that the mission planner be removed and there be a limit in place to restrict the number of planes that can take off from 1 field at a time.

now if my wish were granted then everyone would have to fly into small furballs and look for 1vs1's.

[end sarcasm]

everyone here has their own style of gameplay. ANY attempt to limit that would almost definitely lead to decrease in customer base therfore resulting in a smaller income for HT.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »
I thought about how to make it what it is advertised to be....WWII simulator

What I have said is more along the lines of it is not a simulation of WWII.

HiTech

The fact is , AH is meant to simulate air combat.Learning this task alone is a never ending task.

We do our best to try accuratly simulate the PERFORMANCE of aircraft ,vehicles, and amunition. In general game play we do not try simulate WWII.

HiTech

We make a game around WWII planes and vehicles. We do not try to simulate WWII. Simulation of WWII is one of   CT's goal's.
---snip---

Other wise instead of saying the Preimer WWII combat experiance, we would have said the Preiemer WWII simlation.

HiTech

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
Also, to the contrary to the OP...There are quite enough players who cling to safety in numbers (working together/playing strategicly) simply because they do not have the ability, or the desire to learn to play to the main object of the game.  Which is combat between acurately modeled planes and vehicles, and specifically air combat.

Sorry to say, that line of thinking appears to be going in the opposite direction of the developer of AH as cited in the quotes above.