Author Topic: Who is the most American on AHII?  (Read 4067 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Who is the most American on AHII?
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 06:44:53 PM »
All my family on my dads side are descendants from Jamestown Virginia. They still live there around and in Yorktown and Williamsburg. And my last name is Crockett. My cousins are Smith's. Kin to Capt. John Smith maybe? When I was a kid I lived about a mile from where Pochonhos saved capt.John Smiths head from the block.

I tryed to get written facts about my family tree but during the Civil War Richmond was burned down and many if not all records were destroyed. :frown:
Lighten up Francis

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
My Grandapa bombed nazi's in WW2.  :D

:salute
To those who have served, they deserve the respect
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »
Who has the most number of guns. :aok

well, we sold 2 today, because of te global economical crisis and all.......so we only have 29 shotguns/rifles/carbines left with around 5 or 6 hand guns.....

and if you ever heard me talk in game, you damn sure enough know I ain't from any other place but the Southern portion of the US.........but I must ask? was the question refering to North america, Central america? or South america? because all 3 are Americans in one sense or the other.....

and I laugh at the sterotyping of the word redneck........when people are so far from it's true actual meaning......

I am just a countryboy.........in my 4 wheel drive........ oh yeah....she thinks your Tractor is sexy....rofl........( my neice that is )

EDIT: VansCrewed! you seriously push the limits or are completely dumbfounded by even typing "that word" in your post.............<shakes head> good grief, man!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:00:02 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 07:03:51 PM »
Been pondering this question for quite a while about who represents America the best on this game.

If I had to choose one person it would have to be M00t. I don't know what it is, but he is just so much more American than I am. His passion for ingenuity and insight into almost every topic is unparalleled. His use of strategery and mastery of the airplane in our virtual skies are unheard of.

Who are some of your American hero's of this game?

:salute M00t

Strategery??? Are you  G. Boosh???
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
Strategery??? Are you  G. Boosh???

I vote Silat Miss teen USA.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 08:43:26 PM »

I'm as German as one ever can be...

Ahhh, but you have more command of the English language and spelling than a sad percentage of the native born Americans. That can also be said of a lot of other people. Some of the Finns and Gianlupo come to mind just off the top of my head. I am sure I have read others not even realizing they are from another country.

Been pondering this question for quite a while about who represents America the best on this game.

No one. What you have is people playing a video game about killing other people with a WWII weapons set. You have people who participate on channel 200 and a lot of people who don't. You have people who participate on the BBS and a lot who don't. Who would be your representative? One whose name pops up a lot on 200 and the BBS? The high score guys? The quiet guys or the blabbermouths? The guys running down other people or those that say nothing. Whats your criteria?

Representative to which body?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:11 PM »
My Grandapa bombed nazi's in WW2.  :D

My Dad was in Bastonge. He didn't care for it.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this...

and totally redeem yourself! :aok

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:01:38 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »
And the purpose of this thread is what again?
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 10:45:13 PM »
And the purpose of this thread is what again?

I am wondering how I can get the 10 seconds back it took me to read 24's post. This is why I rarely read the forums anymore.
Atti11a

Offline Demetrious

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2009, 02:43:13 AM »
The OP, while not being terribly bright, has raised an interesting question- how exactly DOES one be American in Aces High?

If I may, ladies and gentlemen: a quick primer:

How To Be American In Aces High:

1. Never fly anything with less then 2,000 horsepower.

2. Fly the P-47. Always take the eight gun option, and always go charging around balls-out.

3. Scream "EAT BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM" into the voice comms every time an enemy vaporizes under the mighty hammer of your eight .50s.

4. Score a kill in a C-47. Deliberately.

5. Every time you engage War Emergency Power, you must bellow "I HAVE THE POWER!." Into comms, preferably. Alternately you may roar "THIS THUNDERBOLT OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!" or even "My horsepower is OVER NINE THOUSAND!" if you suspect that a lot of fifteen year old Spitfire dweebs are in the arena that day.

6. If you land with a fully intact propeller and/or wings, you did not expend all of your ammunition.

7. Torpedo boats have only one speed: Ramming Speed. Coerce friends and family into keeping a suitable beat on tomtom drums as needed.

8. Spitfires are dainty little ships that have given the British a false sense of superiority as regards the American aircraft. Correct this foolish error at every oppertunity. The Typhoon and Tempest, however, are tolerable.

9. Never shoot a 'chute, unless they bailed from a Russian fighter. Russians are always spies. No exceptions.

10. Always vulch anything with a meatball on the wings, and immediately say on the comms "how do YOU like it!"

11. Do the above in a P-40. (This is an exception to rule #1.)

12. Never execute a bombing run in anything other then a B-17 at under five thousand feet. Make a point of crashing on the AAA gun that shoots you down. Alternately, crash into the Spitfire or La-7 that just spawned at the end of the runway to intercept you.

13. Always ask Tiger drivers why they're driving on the wrong side of the road. Do this after you track them for extra points.

14. The proper place to be in a furball on the deck is directly underneath it in an Ostwind.

There are more ways to be American in Aces High, but this should be a good introduction. Perhaps others have further information to add...

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2009, 02:48:28 AM »

and I laugh at the sterotyping of the word redneck........when people are so far from it's true actual meaning......

TC your right,  you sound darn American to me  :)

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2009, 02:53:57 AM »

8. Spitfires are dainty little ships that have given the British a false sense of superiority as regards the American aircraft. Correct this foolish error at every oppertunity. The Typhoon and Tempest, however, are tolerable.

:rofl   I love killing spit pilots in my P51,  I Always go for the "dainty" wings, they snap ever so easy, with a solid burst of all american 50 cal.

The germans were right when they called it a toy plane.  It only becomes a monster when a true Brit flies it balls to the wall and his stiff upper lip never backs down for one second, until the enemy plane is chewwing on some painful hispano cannon.

Tunisia on the 'morrow .  Watch out Huns we are coming to town.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:55:52 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 04:55:02 AM »
he ain't wearing no dam seatbelts   :rock

That makes him Italian! :eek:

Sorry bud...
I'm a fat man with a huge inferiority complex that loves when someone else is taking responsibility and makes all descisions for me. I follow the rules, wear a seatbelt all the time and never cross a road when the red light is on, even as a pedestrian on a lone street at 3 a.m.

I'm as German as one ever can be...

Germans and Italians still have something in common, then! :D

Ahhh, but you have more command of the English language and spelling than a sad percentage of the native born Americans. That can also be said of a lot of other people. Some of the Finns and Gianlupo come to mind just off the top of my head. I am sure I have read others not even realizing they are from another country.

Thanks, Lye-El, I always strive to do my best (even though I'm afraid my phrasing is somewhat awkward).
Live to fly, fly to live!