Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 8362 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
Its only a noob plane if you HO and run in it.  :aok
Strokes

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
Its only a noob plane if you HO and run in it.  :aok

Isn't that every plane  :D
and I like that answer BTW   :)
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
I would demand a Boulton Paul Defiant. Or maybe A Horsa glider or a Fairey Battle...   :D

But in this game... I think next tour will be another "dweeb plane" tour. All that talking about lame Spit 16s and lack of virtual ballz and how about players like me are disrespectable when flying a Spit (I'm not a Brit so I'm not allowed to) is really producing a big urge to do so  :aok

If LUSCHE/SNAILMAN can do it...so can I... :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:14 PM »
It has the reputation of being a noob plane because inexperienced pilots are generally found flying it.  And since inexperienced players generally ho, excessively gang, horde, etc...the spit16 is indicted.

That being said, the plane itself is exceptionally leet and anyone with a shred of ability can dominate with it.  When you kill somebody, it's typically the plane doing the work, not your actual flying ability.  Great plane for learning, but probably not a plane that will get you much respect even if flown well.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 08:57:30 PM »
It's a simulation

I'm not saying spit16 is the best thing to fly in AH, just wondering what would you all do if you had to fly it in reality?
+3
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »
It's a simulation

Pulling a Murdr here but...

What I have said is more along the lines of it is not a simulation of WWII.

HiTech

You can fly whatever you want, but you aren't going to change anyone's mind that it is an easy mode plane.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
In simulated real life, I would not fly a Spit XVI.  In real real life I would fly what ever i was assigned to fly.

I mainly don't fly a SpitXVI because, for the most part, I don't really do much better in one than a SpitIX or a Yak and I feel less dweebish getting killed in a P-40 than a SpitXVI.

I do find, however, the occasions I do fly a SpitXVI I seem to get a few more kills before I hit that tree.

But in this game... I think next tour will be another "dweeb plane" tour. All that talking about lame Spit 16s and lack of virtual ballz and how about players like me are disrespectable when flying a Spit (I'm not a Brit so I'm not allowed to) is really producing a big urge to do so  :aok

I'm going to do this if I ever get my frame rate issues sorted out.  I'm betting I'm not going to see a great increase in K/D or hit% for me but I'm curious.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »
I'm going to do this if I ever get my frame rate issues sorted out.  I'm betting I'm not going to see a great increase in K/D or hit% for me but I'm curious.

Both my K/D as well as my hit% suffer  when flying a 16. Fragility and wing mounted mixed guns...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 09:15:59 PM »
It is only a noob plane when I (the universal first person version of "I") am not in it.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »
That being said, the plane itself is exceptionally leet and anyone with a shred of ability can dominate with it.  When you kill somebody, it's typically the plane doing the work, not your actual flying ability.  Great plane for learning, but probably not a plane that will get you much respect even if flown well.

Exactly. Last time I flew a spit16 I flew a P38J and 109K before that and both times I ran into pawz in his P38. Both of those times I was trying as hard as I can to out fly him but each time I died. Then I hoped in a Spit16 and when I ran into him again I killed him with ease. As grizz said it wasn't me who beat him it was the plane.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »
The 8 can crush any 16 but for a LITTLE bit more challenge use the 5 or 9 to rack up some kills in a spit.

I love all the spits. Don't fly the 16 much but thats mostly because the 8 is my favorite. I don't feel dweebish at all landing +5 kills in them. It's a very fun plane.

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 09:51:19 PM »
I would fly the 16 in real life if asked but I would wear a mullet wig with a SHawk mask.   

But my 16 killer is the FM2.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 10:17:52 PM »
I don't fly the spitfire 16 because I just don't really like that model, it can maneuver good and all but I just prefer more powerful and faster planes, just because I fight at higher speeds.

The reason why I started this thread is to see weather most people just disrespect it because it's easy to fly and alot of un-experienced people fly it or for some other reason. On 200 I see alot of people calling it dweebfire, noobfire, or what ever it was, the problem I have with that is it's a spitfire and it earned it place in history. Therefore it should be respected, no matter who fly's it.

Today one of our bases fell under attack of a bish CV and there were just not enough rooks to protect it. I took of on a spitfire 16 because it was about 5-7 rooks vs 20+bish. I'm pretty sure all thous bish were screaming get that noob or something like that just because I was in spitfire 16, but what do you expect me to take? P-40? 190? P-38? Tiffy? For a low alt outnumbered defense mission. And even thought I was on a superior aircraft it was not easy because I was outnumbered. During my 1st sorti I ran out of ammo and went back to base, I landed 6 kills, and i'm pretty sure about 80% of the people that were online and sow it thought "what a noob". You tell me, what that a noob thing to do? Or should have I just ditched the kills like one guy in my old squad did ones because he was ashamed of being seen in spitfire 16?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:22:28 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »
I would. Thing Is In Aces High Its an EZ-mode plane that people use cause they refuse to learn. We tend to say GTFO and fly a real plane (Something that requires skill to fly) to help the new people. Its a fun plane to fly just wont catch me In It besides In a duel Is all.

Actually these are all just cartoon planes and require no "skill" to "fly".  

Wait a minute - I might be wrong.  Why don't you take a trip down to Stallion 51 in Florida, explain to them how much "skill" and thousands of hours you have "flying" the high performance fighters in AH, and see if they'll let you take Crazy Horse (a restored P-51D) up for a trip or two around the pattern by yourself.  Let us know how it goes, ok?  ;)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
Wait a minute - I might be wrong.  Why don't you take a trip down to Stallion 51 in Florida, explain to them how much "skill" and thousands of hours you have "flying" the high performance fighters in AH, and see if they'll let you take Crazy Horse (a restored P-51D) up for a trip or two around the pattern by yourself.  Let us know how it goes, ok?  ;)

Have you ever flew Cessna 172 in flight simulator? After getting a few hundred hours on that go to a real flight school and sign up for a flight with an instructor. You will know what your doing when you take off, of course you will not be used to physically flying but you will pretty much know what to do.
In groundschool they always tell you to never get your airplane into a spin and your instructor tells you the same thing, but what if your practicing powered stalls and your airplane starts going into a spin? Would you panic because they always tough you to stay away from it or would you know exactly what to do because you simulated it before and stay in control of the plane.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn