Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 8420 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »
I landed 6 kills, and i'm pretty sure about 80% of the people that were online and sow it thought "what a noob". You tell me, what that a noob thing to do? Or should have I just ditched the kills like one guy in my old squad did ones because he was ashamed of being seen in spitfire 16?

Nobody cares, fly what you want.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 10:35:24 PM »
Nobody cares, fly what you want.

That's the way I like to think of it. But not everyone shares our opinion.

Great plane for learning, but probably not a plane that will get you much respect even if flown well.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:43:01 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:35 PM »
That's the way I like to think of it. But not everyone shares our opinion.

Opinions dont pay your AHII bill.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:58 PM »
The whole thing is that not one plane is dweeby it is the pilot that is the dweeb. Personally i suck arse in a Spit16 and i don't Ho and when i try to BnZ someone i usually rip off my wings. So its all about the pilot.

P.S.- Spit5 is way better than the Spit16.  :aok
Strokes

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.

In real life if you were a part of the RAF and you were assigned to fly Spitfire mk XVI, would you say "I'm not flying that thing, it's a noob plane"?

Do I really need to post the countless films I have of the spit wibble wobbling all over the place like god himself grabbed it and spun in...then only to watch them fly on at 350mph afterwards?
Those maneuvers would either
    A. kill the pilot
    B. pulverize the aircraft
    4. bleed serious speed

sigh.

But this isn't real life. The Spit 16 is an awesome plane.  I doubt their wings were THAT brittle either so....I just think it's a poorly modeled aircraft in this game. 

The lag and collision code make it FAR more of a n00b plane that it really is. 

JMO take it with a grain of salt..

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »
Again most of the people who do fly the spit don't know how to fly that well so they aren't that easy to kill.
Strokes

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 11:07:58 PM »
Again most of the people who do fly don't know how to fly  well so they are easy to kill.

Fixed     :aok    :D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 11:16:06 PM »
 :rofl
Strokes

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 11:19:54 PM »
gain most of the people who do fly don't know how to fly  well so they are easy to kill.

Fixed     :aok    :D

That's true, spit 16 never stopped me from killing them  :D
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 11:44:05 PM »
Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.

In real life if you were a part of the RAF and you were assigned to fly Spitfire mk XVI, would you say "I'm not flying that thing, it's a noob plane"?

I'll take a stab at this...

In real life I couldn't wait to get ahold of it. American pilots couldn't wait to upgrade too :) sometimes ditching there plane in the ocean for the simplest thing. "I heard a noise! Can't wait to get my hands on that P-47.." I imagine the Germans the same way "Ich habe gehört, sie testen ein neues Folckewolfe A-8 Ich möchte ein" Or the Russians "Вы слышали о новой Yak3"

So the answer to your question is ....Yes!

In real life I would want one...
...thing is, online flight sims work backwards.. you can easily start with the best plane and say "I kill all" when really there is a ladder of planes. Learn to fly the harder planes and kill the 16 or the nik or the k4. You will get much better. When you jump back in the 16 you will say "this is for kids"  or "this is so easymode" :)

The fun in the game is improving not getting stuck with a crutch flying the F-4U1 or something even though it is a great plane :)  the ENY is a fairly good indicator..  except for the 109's ;) ... try em all find 1 you like stick with it for a few months even though you get slaughtered in it.

You are a good fighter you should not have a problem finding and older ride to kickass with :)

They are free planes :).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:50:37 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »
I'll take a stab at this...

In real life I couldn't wait to get ahold of it. American pilots couldn't wait to upgrade too :) sometimes ditching there plane in the ocean for the simplest thing. "I heard a noise! Can't wait to get my hands on that P-47.." I imagine the Germans the same way "Ich habe gehört, sie testen ein neues Folckewolfe A-8 Ich möchte ein" Or the Russians "Вы слышали о новой Yak3"

So the answer to your question is ....Yes!

In real life I would want one...
...thing is, online flight sims work backwards.. you can easily start with the best plane and say "I kill all" when really there is a ladder of planes. Learn to fly the harder planes and kill the 16 or the nik or the k4. You will get much better. When you jump back in the 16 you will say "this is for kids"  or "this is so easymode" :)

The fun in the game is improving not getting stuck with a crutch flying the F-4U1 or something even though it is a great plane :)  the ENY is a fairly good indicator..  except for the 109's ;) ... try em all find 1 you like stick with it for a few months even though you get slaughtered in it.

You are good fighter you should not have a problem finding and older ride to kickass with :)

I'm not asking what should I fly, my main fighters are spit 14 and F4U-4, I'm asking In real life if you were a part of the RAF and you were assigned to fly Spitfire mk XVI, would you say "I'm not flying that thing, it's a noob plane" or would you be happy flying it?

No, there perked! lol
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:56:52 PM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 12:02:54 AM »
I'm not asking what should I fly, my main fighters are spit 14 and F4U-4, I'm asking In real life if you were a part of the RAF and you were assigned to fly Spitfire mk XVI, would you say "I'm not flying that thing, it's a noob plane" or would you be happy flying it?
No, there perked! lol

and I said Yes... just like any one would.. Raf or not to an upgrade or better ride  :aok  "In real life of course"  ;)

I didnt asume that you were talking about a down grade to the 16 <I have to fly this> :cry...  which I'm sure you wern't.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
I didnt asume that you were talking about a down grade to the 16 <I have to fly this> :cry...  which I'm sure you wern't.

Why do you hate it that much? It's an OK plane.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 01:57:04 AM »
I'm a noob and I'm gunna fly it whenever I want which is about 40% of the time. But I do make an attempt to fly it well even though I manage to surround lots of red guys in it. That 40% includes the spit 5 which is about my extent of spit flying.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 02:45:24 AM »
IMO no plane itself is a "noob" or "dweeb" plane, it's the pilot. But since the only Spit I occasionally fly is the Seafire (because in a Spit I am even worse than normally) makes the question 'would I fly a Spit 16' irrelevant to me.

But I love it, when noobs fly the 16! When the pilot thinks he has the ultimate killing machine with unlimited speed and manouverability and lazer cannons, and I get him with my (t)rusty old 109-G6 with 100% gas and gondolas climbing towards him from underneath almost stalling... That makes me feel that I don't totally suck in this game! But now that I have told this, every noob in a 16 will run when they see my G6, and so will every P51 and N1k1, and goodbye to any kills  :cry
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni