Author Topic: Survey in the DA.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Survey in the DA.
« on: April 10, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
Well i was in the DA and i started to ask people why they fly in there, here are some of the answers i got:

• Not enough time for the MA
  • I'm Practicing
  • Takes to long
  • Too many people
  • It is to hard
  • MA isn't realistic enough

This shows me that not all of the people fly in the DA cause they are dweebs or they want to land kills there. Merely they don't have time, want to keep furballing, just like the constant action, or are new and need to practice or someone is rusty and needs to hone thier skills again. But this doesn't repute the fact that there are somethings that need to be changed about the DA.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:57:22 PM by StokesAk »
Strokes

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: Survey in the DA.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:55:32 PM »
Invalid poll.

If you are busy landing kills, you cant type an answer.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »
Well i was in the DA and i started to ask people why they fly in there, here are some of the answers i got:

• I'm Practicing
  • Takes to long
  • Too many people
  • It is to hard

This shows me that not all of the people fly in the DA cause they are dweebs or they want to land kills there. Merely they don't have time, want to keep furballing, just like the constant action, or are new and need to practice or someone is rusty and needs to hone thier skills again. But this doesn't repute the fact that there are somethings that need to be changed about the DA.

Funny, we get the same answers in the TA.
I wonder what that means....

Ren

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 01:12:37 PM »
I'm Practicing.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »
Invalid poll.

If you are busy landing kills, you cant type an answer.
:rofl
Strokes

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »
Yea well, people are hardly going to answer "cause I enjoy killing dweebs n getting wtgs from them.in MA sometimes I get shown up by good sticks n it's not as quick n easy to find a mini horde to roll with"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »
The last reason made me laugh and probably one given by a member of the resident DA 'tard squadron.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »
The last two are the funniest. :)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »
I was just in there...really was disgusted.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
 :)
Strokes

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
I occasionally fly in the DA, use furball lake to see how long I can survive in a horde before I die, great practice for me anyway. And yes, I land if I survive a sortie, whether I've got kills or not. I do the same thing in the MA's, Just the kind of person I am

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »

it's no faster to find a fight in da than in ma. if that;s the reason, then go to ta....you can be in a fight in less than 2 minutes of wheels up.
  • I'm Practicing
see above.
  • Takes to long
see above
  • Too many people
see above, or come to mw or ew
  • It is to hard
you'll never get better by taking the easy fights.
that one's an out n out lie....unless the person just didn't know any better.
[/list]

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
maybe HTC could put up a poll there and get more, and better results!
last time i was disgusted in the da was before there was a furball lake, i was the only one there,
if you go to the da for a one on one, go to one of the bases, if all you want to do is furball, D A lake is the only "sure thing" for furball in the game,
 and everything that is in the ma as far as dogfighting is there, from the high pickers to the low alt turn fighters, the best part tho is the fact that the bases are close enough together to get right into a fight ! and no cv ack for one side to deal with, no bombers shuting down the fight, no base captures,its a nice change from the ma, for me atleast, i go there to unwind, when i dont feel like doing all that other "war" stuff! or when i am at work and dont want to get shot down while selling a bottle of Whiskey!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
Its a good place to go when Map resets/or TT map needs to be reset. Other then that the DA is a place to have a nice scrimmage or Duel. THe Lake area, well you should know to expect anything.

Cheers  :salute
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »
I'd like to see HTC turn the perk system on in the DA. Will be interesting to see what happened when you don't have access to free Tempests and 4-Hogs anymore.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.