Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25742 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #825 on: May 09, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
WOW. Some one that defines lame game play as having to fight in a game about fighting. Go figure.  :rolleyes:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #826 on: May 09, 2009, 10:32:54 PM »
Since this thread is now on its 56th page, I figured I might as well post once in it,... so...um...yeah...
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #827 on: May 09, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
 Sorry but to me a busted up NOE is as it should be   :D
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #828 on: May 09, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »
curiouser and curiouser...

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #829 on: May 10, 2009, 01:01:44 AM »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #830 on: May 10, 2009, 04:24:23 AM »
Since this thread is now on its 56th page, I figured I might as well post once in it,... so...um...yeah...

Uh yeah, what he said. Except I didnt read it yet. :P
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #831 on: May 10, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #832 on: May 10, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #833 on: May 10, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
The lamest of BAD-GAMEPLAY

I was running a mission into a knight base..NOE as I tend to do..Nothing seemed to be going on and rooks and nits were fighting hard on a 3 base front..Rooks were surrounded by 2 nit bases..So I am thinking while they are busy,I will roll into a nit base close,but dont want to distrub their fighting..

So mission rolls and WHO appears at a town at A NIT base?? Members of the lynchmob..

And they commence to killing the goons,and unfortunetly caused the base to not get captured..I know,I know,good nor nits,bad for us..

Well,I call shade/spy and I will tell you why..Their excuse was that they were doing a fighter sweep into the base..this does not hold water..unless they were just chasing ghosts..or an NOE they knew about beforehand..

The following pic will support  what I am saying..

(Image removed from quote.)

They are using the excuse that they did a fighter sweep into #3 base which is 51.

They came out of 27.(circled base)

They said the reason for said fighter sweep when called on it was to get pressure off of 27..with about 4 guys...

SO instead of going out of base #4(A25) into #1(A26) or #2(A52),they feel the need to fly a sector to an at the time they left quiet base,no dar in the sector,or anything to say fighters were coming from there and this was going to take the pressure off of A27...

I have heard some lame excuses in my life,but this has to be the lamest of all,and for the worst game-play I have ever seen..There is no other way they would of known that A mission was going into the nit base except for a spy/shade..

Now we have lynchmob fighting on rooks and defending for nits from bish missions with shades/spys.. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

So basically what you are saying is, NOE is undefendable.  If it gets sniffed out, somebody cheated. 

The reason NOE is so effective is because people generally don't pay $15 to play Tower General and study the map for suspicious activities. 
This isn't WW2.  There aren't actual field scouts surveying the countryside and radioing in the sneak attacks to headquarters.  It just doesn't work like that in this combat game.  The MA detection methods for NOE simply aren't transparent enough.  A small base flashing on a map with over 100 bases?  Who is going to take the time to study it?  Not me.  Not the average Joe.  I'd rather find a fight.  NOE is taking advantage of the way the main arena operates. 

To be honest I'm glad your mission got busted.

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #834 on: May 10, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
56 pages.  We haven't come to a decision yet?

Me thinks we had it figured out in the first post.  It's all subjective.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #835 on: May 10, 2009, 09:58:17 PM »
56 pages.  We haven't come to a decision yet?

Me thinks we had it figured out in the first post.  It's all subjective.

Nice post, I can't wait for #12.  :lol

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #836 on: May 11, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »
So basically what you are saying is, NOE is undefendable.  If it gets sniffed out, somebody cheated. 

The reason NOE is so effective is because people generally don't pay $15 to play Tower General and study the map for suspicious activities. 
This isn't WW2.  There aren't actual field scouts surveying the countryside and radioing in the sneak attacks to headquarters.  It just doesn't work like that in this combat game.  The MA detection methods for NOE simply aren't transparent enough.  A small base flashing on a map with over 100 bases?  Who is going to take the time to study it?  Not me.  Not the average Joe.  I'd rather find a fight.  NOE is taking advantage of the way the main arena operates. 

To be honest I'm glad your mission got busted.

Apparently you are not getting what Falcon talking about, we have no problem with our missions being busted, it is how this particular squad is doing it time after time, that is the problem, I'm not generally suspicious but these repeating coincidences are now getting a little ridiculous. As recently as last night we had a NOE mission that started almost three sectors away which was 90% over water, so it was very easy to stay low and not give away your position, I would think everybody knows that staying under 500ft will keep you from giving away your position outside the radar rings. That being said as the mission was in progress we were watching the Rook front, there was five or so bases along the shore line we were heading for, as the mission progressed towards A163 we seen dar bars showing up in three of the bases one above and below including the one we were heading for, as we moved cross sectional across through the sectors basically zeroing in on our target, the dar also move from one sector to another, (keep in mind that we are not giving away our position, we've had no dar bars all the way across) we then decided to change our objective to a different base, A168 at this point we were about 2/3 of sector away from any of the rook bases sector lines and closing, but then turning south we were vectoring in on that base, as we did low and behold those dar bars I was telling you about followed us and came up from behind us and guess who they were, they took out our goons (mission busted) and we just proceeded to that base anyway and were greeted by the same squad members as before and we did not even make land yet, which they already had altitude on us over the water and they made quick work of all of us in the mission.
I have and many of all of you have been in many missions that were busted for any number of reasons, oh well that's part of the deal we accept that and have no problem with taking the good with bad when the playing field is even. But I even was reluctant to believe this was the case in this matter and I still hope I am wrong in my analysis but it does not look that way so far.
One other thing I would like to add about all of this NOE stuff and so on, I believe that being able to go under the radar is all part of the experience, if it wasn't suppose to be here then we couldn't use it. And by the way we only had 12-15 people in the mission two of which were goons.

"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #837 on: May 11, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »
Apparently you are not getting what Falcon talking about, we have no problem with our missions being busted, it is how this particular squad is doing it time after time, that is the problem....<knee-wall o'text removed>
Ah, so you have a spy problem. (This ought to be good for at least another 10 or 15 pages).

It sounds to me like all the NOE's you've been running has pissed somebody off who's decided that rather than lamely run to the bbs where others have whined before, decided instead to put some effort into figuring out a way to have their fun putting a stop to your type of fun. Here's an idea: use what you've learned about them and lay a trap. You never know, the ensuing fight just might be fun too.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #838 on: May 11, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »

[sarcasm]
Oh NO!!!  You actually are having to fight the enemy in order to get a field capture?

Oh the horror!

I know how rough that has gota be for y'all and you have my condolences.

[/sarcasm]
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #839 on: May 11, 2009, 12:09:11 PM »
[sarcasm]
Oh NO!!!  You actually are having to fight the enemy in order to get a field capture?

Oh the horror!

I know how rough that has gota be for y'all and you have my condolences.

[/sarcasm]

I think you need more fish in your diet (it's brain food) something your seriously lacking. :rolleyes:

WMLute thinking  :huh

Sarcasm easy to do gets nothing done.  :D
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder