Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25595 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #855 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »
If only we had more map monitors to watch for these things and less people flying around looking for good air combat...   :huh  :uhoh  :huh
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #856 on: May 11, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
NOE missions are super easy to bust, and they get clobbered all the time.  All it takes is one LA-7 to come screaming out and go right for the goon, which is the Achilles heal of NOE missions.

Or if one person sees a base flashing without DAR they can be fairly sure an NOE is coming in.  All they need to do gain about 3,000 feet of alt over the base, of which there is ample time to do so.

Once that happens, the NOE mission is helpless.  They are low on the deck and can be picked off one by one with B/z attacks.  I've seen it happen countless times.

Base and town begin flashing once any element of the NOE is within dar range.  Your typical NOE will be 110's or Mossies, and that gives about 5 minutes of warning before they can get to the town.

In other words, the NOE is not some quirky part of the game that can't be foiled. 

If the win-the-war and land grabbing isn't your thing, NOE missions just are just boring as hell.  I mean you shoot some buildings and make a capture. 

As far as 'spying' is concerned, I don't believe it happens all that often.  Mostly because I think it is boring duty for the 'spy'.   Most people just want to play, and who really cares 'that much' about map resets, there is just another map to follow until eternity.

The reason there are no 'rules' against spying however, is because it is impossible to stop someone determined to do it. Even if cross country  comms between players was removed, how would you stop someone from calling their friend on a cell phone.

Absolutely i agree with noe's being easy to bust.If you dont like them,then dont join, if you can bust them by being vigilant then do so.Its just a shame that there is someone out there that doesnt like the way you play and has to make this a personal crusade to stop you having fun.
How about this for a scenario? I have a shade account on a laptop, use the dot wingman command with your tag and sent wave after wave, gang after gang to mow you down all night. I'm sure nobody would find it at all fun. Play how you want, just dont dictate how others play.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #857 on: May 11, 2009, 03:12:15 PM »
sent wave after wave, gang after gang to mow you down all night. I'm sure nobody would find it at all fun. Play how you want, just dont dictate how others play.

Funny, sounds like the last "missions" from dredger and falcon.
-AoM-

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #858 on: May 11, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »
Not sure what you meant there scotch, you only quoted half of the sentence. I was asking how anyone would feel getting targetted specifically by another individual/squad. Wouldnt feel too good would it?

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #859 on: May 11, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »
Funny, sounds like the last "missions" from dredger and falcon.

Didn't popeye the sailor say 'if you can't beat em, join em'

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #860 on: May 11, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »
Why I am posting in this thread, I dunno. I was hoping this would die last week.

NOE busting is really not rocket science.  2 guys to look for on the roster that are gauranteed to be running those types missions is Falcon23 and GHI.
(G makes me nervous when hes on though being his are much harder to bust).  Falcon though is very very predictable. When the bish front becomes quiet all of the sudden, its usually a tell tale sign that there is a NOE out there being he usually takes 1/2 the bish roster with him for 1 base.
The other strategy we know he likes to use alot but were gonna keep that classified because were having way too much fun watchin him bust a few blood vessles. and we dont want him changing his patterns
The rest of the RT squad... the fights that insued after the missions were great,  (A168)  you guys really have talent and its ashame that you sandbag those talents shooting at buildings in undefended feilds. we should definatly do more of those :salute
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #861 on: May 11, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »
Why I am posting in this thread, I dunno. I was hoping this would die last week.

NOE busting is really not rocket science.  2 guys to look for on the roster that are gauranteed to be running those types missions is Falcon23 and GHI.
(G makes me nervous when hes on though being his are much harder to bust).  Falcon though is very very predictable. When the bish front becomes quiet all of the sudden, its usually a tell tale sign that there is a NOE out there being he usually takes 1/2 the bish roster with him for 1 base.

No one said it is rocket science but it requires map studying effort constantly to find them.  If you study the map deliberately every minute or so for a couple hours during prime time you might uncover an NOE and have a chance to bust it up.  Is it really worth the headache though?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #862 on: May 11, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »
Why would you pay money to play an online air combat flight sim, if your goal is to avoid contact with other people?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #863 on: May 11, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
Why would you pay money to play an online air combat flight sim, if your goal is to avoid contact with other people?

:noid

.......<looks both ways>

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #864 on: May 11, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »
Didn't popeye the sailor say 'if you can't beat em, join em'

Dunno, but Scotch said "You suck."
-AoM-

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #865 on: May 11, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
No one said it is rocket science but it requires map studying effort constantly to find them.  If you study the map deliberately every minute or so for a couple hours during prime time you might uncover an NOE and have a chance to bust it up.  Is it really worth the headache though?
These guys run missions all night and I do mean all night. Is it worth it? Do you think 20 heavy 110s on the deck as well as niks and goons is anything like having the keys to the candy is..then yes.
What is funny though is even if you neuter the mission by killing the goons, they still go for town instead of engaging the cons.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #866 on: May 11, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
Why I am posting in this thread, I dunno.

God doesn't even know.
Strokes

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #867 on: May 11, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »
Dunno, but Scotch said "You suck."

That really hurts my feelings. 

Do you always refer to yourself in the third person? :lol

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #868 on: May 11, 2009, 06:33:56 PM »
Only when it calls for it.
-AoM-

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #869 on: May 11, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
What is funny though is even if you neuter the mission by killing the goons, they still go for town instead of engaging the cons.

It's a tactic more than anything.  If an NOE knocks down the town then you have 45 mins to recapture with a lone goon coming back.  Plus defenders never really know if you killed all the goons.