Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24916 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
Hey, before you congratulate me SR, that was supposed to read "this is often the case when one fast b'n'z fighter forces another fast b'n'z fighter to engage, and some T'n'B aircraft will swoop in for the easy saddle/pick." There, that gets what I meant to say across.

I know what you are saying....tis why I hate hurri's and zekes, they cant catch anything but a gangbang, and they are the worst about being 3rd, 4th, 5th man in....I often wonder what they are thinking...I mean the con by then is slow, so there is no getting away from the hurri or zeke, and I guess the fella in the hurri/zeke is saying, "Oh, let me get him for you other 4 fellas"  what a waste of gameplay.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2009, 05:30:45 PM »
I should of clarified my statement about the 110 NOE...

You get defense,you are going to have a tough time taking a base..

If someone does not up masher,your tactic would work..if you had defensive cons up,it would fail miserably.

As far as if it is a bish base,I should of typed the wording to say..Used against any OPPOSING COUNTRY...

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »
Coming from a different sim is no excuse, I can't imagine that in Warbirds or AW, or "flying polygons with guns 1.0" behavior of the sort you seem to defend was looked on any more favorably.

Biggest pile of BS I ever saw. The guy "going around in circles" as you put it, with the bandit on his 12, straining for a gun solution, has put time, energy, and skill into putting the bandit in a position where a random picker can blast through and steal the kill in the first place. This is often especially the case when one b'n'z fighter forces another to engage and slow down to fight, and some picker in a b'n'z airplane will come along and "help" the friendly working the bandit by clearing his 12.

Inconceivable...the single lamest behavior in the game, and it doesn't bother you, but people who call such behavior what it is, this does bother you?

Deliberately shooting at falling wreckage to steal the kill goes beyond mere lame gameplay, I'm comfortable calling it a form of cheating.

:aok :aok
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2009, 07:54:04 PM »

You get defense,you are going to have a FUN time taking a base..

If someone does not up masher,your tactic would work..if you had defensive cons up,it would fail miserably.

As far as if it is a bish base,I should of typed the wording to say..Used against any OPPOSING COUNTRY...

Fixed for reality.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
Your right, you do come from a different universe... Warbirds  :D Things are different here than they were there. I fly with Savlan and a bunch of his guys in the 475th that came over from WB. Joe's a good guy to hang out with as well as most of his crew. Flying with them I can see a big difference in the way they fly. Their point of view is different. I remember them having trouble in the AvA arena looking to fight the way they had at WB. The AvA "regulars" at the time made it miserable for them. Some quit, and some changed a bit to fit in with how things are done in AH.

Reading "The fury's" post you can see that there are other people who have a problem with kill stealing. At this point of my "flying career"   :D  I like to fight. Not chase some guy down, not pick someone off my wingys tail, tho I will do both, I like to be in the fight, 1 on 1, even 2 on me is fun. The culmination of a fight is dead, I loose, or I kill the other guy I win.  So someone sweeping in and popping the guy I finaly get right where I want him gets me frustrated.

Of the guys just coming into the game, what do you thing is the main reason they are here? My guess would be to "kill the other guy",shoot down planes. If you steal his kill you just took the fun, and his main purpose away from him. If he can't do what he signed up for, ya think he might cancel?

How, exactly, do you steal something that no one owns?

Skyrock throws a tantrum if you fly near any bandit he has decided is "his". Nevermind that you might actually shoot at it. He has a fit on voice if you fly near it. All in the name of "kill ownership". It is quite silly, at least as silly as the guys who shoot wreckage, and from my point of view much sillier.

The whole concept of "earning" a kill and somehow "owning " the kill is quite foreign to my way of thinking.

The constant rules temper tantrum on the boards and in the arena gets pretty old. I suspect HTC loses lots more folks to the tantrum than to the supposed "violations". I know the ONLY reason I still pay money is because of friends I made before I ever came to AH. One day the tantrums will end that too I suppose.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:29 PM »
 Its not that you "own" the kill.You worked for it and some classless twit that probebly thinks its ok to cut into the front of a line slides in and blasts the guy. personaly Ive seen it far to many times to really care,but its still classless play.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

You get defense,you are going to have a tough time taking a base..

You just nailed it Falcon.
12-110s, 6 niks and 4 goons and you think your gonna have a tough time taking a base. Now keep in mind that Im not getting on a high horse here, but if our squad is in "base take" mode, the job gets done with half that amount ( if were lucky to have that in our roster)
The attitude that gets me is instead of working on ones own skills to sharpen, they choose the easy route. ( 22 wont do it this mission..so lets get 50 in here to get this base). if 12-110s, 4 goons and 6 niks are a challenge to you, then make that your goal. Get yourself some good trusting people to fly with that know exactly what to do and when to do it and keep trying that tactic until you acheive your goal.
Once you tackle that, then challenge yourself further and try it with 6 110s 1 goon and 2 niks...so on and so on. Its no slap in the face here if you go down, but it helps and shows if you go down TRYING.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
To many complex AH minds in here for me, but if you can't take a base NOE with 12 ,110s, 8 nikis, and 2 goons its a FAIL IMO.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
To many complex AH minds in here for me
Its strictly a matter of brains on a platter with nothing better to do.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »
Skyrock is Skyrock, whatever, that doesn't mean he can't have a point.

Buddy, engaging a bandit 1v1 costs time, and it costs energy. Energy that a prop plane can't replace easily. If I spend alot of my Energy and time getting on a bandit, have his rear quarter and am working him, and you come along and shoot without asking, without a real good reason, then yeah, you just stole something I bought and paid for.

Let me tell you, I know there are grey areas in a chaotic furball, but if you happen upon a lone friendly with a lone bandit on his 12, *at least* ask whether he needs help with the bandit, whether the bandit is outdistancing him and he needs you to run it down, etc.

Now, I don't think blatant kill stealing is a huge problem in the MA. (In the furball lake OTOH, I *always* hear pings as my wreckage is spiraling towards the water.) But the fact that you don't see something wrong with blatant kill stealing...that is a head scratcher.

Oh...and if you think real pilots blew right in front of comrades to shoot a bandit that was already being shot up/at, without repercussions, think again. In R/L, the safety issues alone of two friendlies trying to shoot the same bandit simultaneously are daunting.

How, exactly, do you steal something that no one owns?

Skyrock throws a tantrum if you fly near any bandit he has decided is "his". Nevermind that you might actually shoot at it. He has a fit on voice if you fly near it. All in the name of "kill ownership". It is quite silly, at least as silly as the guys who shoot wreckage, and from my point of view much sillier.

The whole concept of "earning" a kill and somehow "owning " the kill is quite foreign to my way of thinking.

The constant rules temper tantrum on the boards and in the arena gets pretty old. I suspect HTC loses lots more folks to the tantrum than to the supposed "violations". I know the ONLY reason I still pay money is because of friends I made before I ever came to AH. One day the tantrums will end that too I suppose.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »
Skyrock is Skyrock, whatever, that doesn't mean he can't have a point.

Buddy, engaging a bandit 1v1 costs time, and it costs energy. Energy that a prop plane can't replace easily. If I spend alot of my Energy and time getting on a bandit, have his rear quarter and am working him, and you come along and shoot without asking, without a real good reason, then yeah, you just stole something I bought and paid for.

bro, I would be called a whiner a million times, for years to come,  and be proud of it.....to be represented by your statement....it is true and to the fact and undeniable....it is against the spirit of all things that are good about games....working hard to compete and fighting to win...only to have "herbert milktoast" come in and Cower your kill for score?     :furious

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2009, 01:44:46 AM »
LOL I thank them for clearing my 12 o'clock :D
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »
You just nailed it Falcon.
12-110s, 6 niks and 4 goons and you think your gonna have a tough time taking a base. Now keep in mind that Im not getting on a high horse here, but if our squad is in "base take" mode, the job gets done with half that amount ( if were lucky to have that in our roster)
The attitude that gets me is instead of working on ones own skills to sharpen, they choose the easy route. ( 22 wont do it this mission..so lets get 50 in here to get this base). if 12-110s, 4 goons and 6 niks are a challenge to you, then make that your goal. Get yourself some good trusting people to fly with that know exactly what to do and when to do it and keep trying that tactic until you acheive your goal.
Once you tackle that, then challenge yourself further and try it with 6 110s 1 goon and 2 niks...so on and so on. Its no slap in the face here if you go down, but it helps and shows if you go down TRYING.

You guys take bases with half that amount,...6/110's 3 niks,and 2 goons???Well congrats ,and good thing you did not have any resistance..

I put 15 slots for 110's in my missions,I put 10 slots for fighters,and 4 goons,I do not see where that is horrible..I want the town down as FAST as possible,I dont want to sit there and "FONDLE" it..I want it DOWN,and so do the  people who are with me,..

You want to see A 50 man mission???? that would be the one with 190a8's,when eny has gone through the roof,literally,,and is over 25..

ANd tral I never said that 12 110's missions were a challenge to me,you put words in my mouth..but I want to be sure when I launch a mission for a particular target,that it goes down the way it is supposed too..and that is that it gets captured..

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »
Falcon, you keep coming up with excuses on every post directed at you.   You don't seem to realize that you only "hear what you want to hear", or do you realize it?   

No offense intended, but it is blatant from the start and one would have to be blind to deny/not see it.   You have every intention "of being right" regardless of any point posted.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »
Scrambled eggs and calf brains...good eats, yum.
The UNFORGIVEN