Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24953 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2009, 01:48:06 PM »
There is no disrespect meant to any of these folks, but the way things were, will never be again.

Agreed, it isn't about disrespecting them, its helping them understand that we understand as well, that as a community, TOGETHER, have to work at improving game play, participation, growth, for the benefit of the game, but do it with responsibility, where Everyone can enjoy the game, not dictated by a few that think someone elses game play is lame because THEY said so.

Change:its a daily part of our lives that at times can be hard to face

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2009, 02:26:11 PM »
Agreed, it isn't about disrespecting them, its helping them understand that we understand as well, that as a community, TOGETHER, have to work at improving game play, participation, growth, for the benefit of the game, but do it with responsibility, where Everyone can enjoy the game, not dictated by a few that think someone elses game play is lame because THEY said so.

Change:its a daily part of our lives that at times can be hard to face

Change? 

What does anything that you or yours do have the slightest thing about change?

As was already pointed out there is nothing that you do that is either new, unique or special.  Griefers and dweebs have done exactly what you do for decades now.  Don't try to come across as some sort of innovator or a harbinger of what is the "future" of the game.

You are no different than any noob who for the past 30 ish years has tried to take shortcuts and thinks they have a clue.  They ALL thought as you do and considered themself "special" and what they were doing "unique".

They weren't, you aren't, and it isn't.

You are at a stage.

A point in the learning curve.

Pure and simple.

Most players eventually see the limitations of that stage and grow out of it.

Hopefull you will as well, but unfortunately not all do.

There will be another along soon enough that thinks they are reinventing the wheel who will do exactly as you are doing and think it is "the future of the game!!!"  (lmao @ change)

I'll give you a perfect example.  A few years back, a similar cartoon was posted on the BBS.  It was about the BOPs.  Going back much further I can cite certain Az squads that flew AOL AirWarrior that probably had a similar cartoon posted about them.  I am equally sure if one was to go back to AirWarrior on GENIE we can find another group.  This conversation we are having has happened time and again on forums like this one going back to the late 1980's.

It has all been done before.  It's not change, it is more of the same. It is a very typical stage that many noobs have gone through from the inception of online ww2 flight sims.  I find it hilarious (and somewhat sad) that you think that you are unique in any way what so ever in this matter. 

You sir, are not. 

You are just another in a long line of players that think they have a clue, but in reality don't. 

Some day you might grow out of this limited stage of the AcesHigh learning curve you find yourself  at, look back at some of the garbage you have posted, and laugh at what a weenie clueless noob you were.

It has happened countless times in the past, and will happen countless times in the future.

*snicker* change......    :lol
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »
 :aok
-AoM-

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »
Quote from: WMLute
I am equally sure if one was to go back to AirWarrior on GENIE we can find another group. 

The Aggies (Aggressors). Wadda hoot. Funny you should bring it up Lute, I was just thinking about the Aggies making similar arguements....and being similarly clueless as to how they appeared to everyone else.  :rofl

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »
If it has all been done before, then why are folks complaining?  Has'nt that been done before also?  Based on your premise, it will all occur again anyway(sounds kinda like the Matrix LOL). 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »
To all the nay Sayers IE: the Lute & lynx type people, who really cares what you guys think, we do not pay our money to you and I'm sorry to say your version of all events that happen in the AH world are not the end all or be all of what should or should not take place. My take is this if you don't like the way we take your bases, you don't like the way we fight (not within your tiny little acceptance area) then come and stop us, you claim to be so good at what it should be all about then put up or shut up, this redundant whining from you people is getting ridiculous.   
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
Change? 

I know your alot slow, but the change that I was referring to is as stated in the rest of my quote that you failed to acknowledge, its along the lines of acceptance, it is what it is and for 20 years now you have posted your lame responses to anything indifferent and its got you nowhere..... Accept it.   :)

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
To all the nay Sayers IE: the Lute & lynx type people, who really cares what you guys think, we do not pay our money to you and I'm sorry to say your version of all events that happen in the AH world are not the end all or be all of what should or should not take place. My take is this if you don't like the way we take your bases, you don't like the way we fight (not within your tiny little acceptance area) then come and stop us, you claim to be so good at what it should be all about then put up or shut up, this redundant whining from you people is getting ridiculous.   

If only it was that easy.

You left out the fact that these types go to great lengths to avoid any type of opposition what so ever.  It is not so much "come and stop us" as "when the scary bad men show up we give up and find another empty piece of real estate".  Heck, their whole gameplay "style" is to avoid the nme at all cost. 

Dads is the only one whining here.  All I have done is point out the reality of the situation.  He is the one jumping up and down with his fingers in his ears screaming "i'm special! I'M SPECIAL!!  Listen to Me!!!!  My ideas are new and unique!!!"

Heck, I get a kick out of it.  It's like watching a child trying to be "sneaky" and and all the adults are laughing behind their hands because it is obvious to them what the kid is trying to do.  They have seen it a million times, it's hillariously obvious, but the child thinks they are being slick and pulling the wool over everybodies eyes.

Waystin, I am not, have not, or will not complain about anything in this thread.  I have merely pointed out the obvious.  "'Dems da' facts" as it were.  Not the facts from my perspective.  Not my opinion.  It's the reality of the situation.

I am sure I will have this same conversation with dozens of other players in the future.  Just as I have had this conversation with dozens of players in the past.  As was already posted it's a cycle.  All I can do is lead the horse to water.  Whether they choose to drink is up to them.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:14:13 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »
I know your alot slow, but the change that I was referring to is as stated in the rest of my quote that you failed to acknowledge, its along the lines of acceptance, it is what it is and for 20 years now you have posted your lame responses to anything indifferent and its got you nowhere..... Accept it.   :)

I know I are alot slow too mmmmm hmmm....  ('taters)

My "lame responses to anything indifferent"?  Do pray tell where 'indifference' came into anything we have been discussing.  I am not quite sure I can make heads or tails of what you just posted, or what you were going for when you posted it.

(quick sidebar:  If you are going to infer that someone is not very bright, you just MIGHT want to make sure your post is at least somewhat coherent.  You COULD go w/ the "it is obvious I'm not very intelligent" approach but I don't really think that "fits" in this particular situation.  Up to you though)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:20:01 PM by WMLute »
— George Patton

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »
Theres nothing new here at all, im with lute on this its the same old way of doing things just that the sheep have a new shepperd. Change?? leave the change to obama and the rest of the washington scum. I was at V10 the night in question and couldnt help but laugh at the 25 or so planes hordeing the base and couldnt take it. I spent most of the time driveing around avoideing falcon23 in his divebombing B-24's.Those divebombing sets of large bombers is a topic that has been brought up in many threads(gamey). The reason they couldnt take the base is because those dweebs attempting to clear the base augered more times than the actually knocked out a vehicle.NOOBS?? i'll let others decide.The only reason the base was even takein was because they horded both bases A9 and V10 with a cv and ground based aircraft. After they took 9 they horded V10 with 30 tanks and 30 planes how can anyone consider that a fun fight. The fact still stands that the whole 30+ horde gameplay is just a landgrabbers way of feeling superior and the leaders of such missions are looking for the accalades from the uninformed new players.Once the newbs get better and see the light they may come to the realization that resetting maps gets old after a while and theres more to this game than that.Thats the reason falcon left the mob was because we didnt choose to up NOE lancasters every 5 minutes and we werent into constant landgrabbing just for the sake of resetting a givin map.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
IN response to your earlier post tral..You may not know this,but you imply it in your post,that I want TT's  or FT's taken..nothing could be further from the truth..You guys need to stop putting words in peoples mouths...

I want the FB going on,it keeps other bases free when we go in to take them..I appreciate the FB'ers... :aok And TT'ers :aok

Fugitive,you keep referring to the MEGA-SQUADS as the ones who HORDE,and nothing could be further from the truth..99% of my missions are country missions..That means you have a problem with the COUNTRY,not the squads..Inserting the MEGA-SQUADS into your posts is merely propaganda...

Smokey23,25 planes coming into a Vbase that had at least as many defenders as we had coming over..not to mention the ones flying from A9 to help you all out..You guys did a great job,kept it for quite a few hours..But the defense was just as great as the offense..
  That is why one does not see a dar bar at 10 after we took 9...GV's dont show up on the DAR..there were many,but we got them wiped out and took back the base..

You guys at V10 going to say it wasnt fun defending at V10??landing those WW and ostie kills???You going to say it wasnt a "FUN" fight?? Because if it wasnt fun for you,then why did you stay and defend so vigorously???

Again,not ONe bish was upset we got those bases back..

And if,as many of you say,it isnt about taking bases,then why waste your time coming and taking bases like A9 and V10????? If you want a fight and furball,then why dont you guys just fight it out at a closer base on the map,and not take any bases????

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »
If it has all been done before, then why are folks complaining?  Has'nt that been done before also?  Based on your premise, it will all occur again anyway(sounds kinda like the Matrix LOL). 
Because back in the day, the arenas were smaller and the community much closer knit.  Tards were shamed mercilessly, constantly, as they should be.  There was no annonymity in numbers.  Pacerrs would stick out like sore thumbs and be castigated for their dweebish behavior. 

Now tards can hide in the crowd and get away with it.  Worse is there's less of those who truly get it vs the hordes of suck, so the hordes of suck infuence newer players much more than those interested in good combat.  TonyJoey's are rare, they become what the become because they aspire to fly and fight better, to improve themselves.  The other just thinks "improvement" is the moving of the country flag from one chess piece to another. 

Do you think the game would be better if we had 1,000 TonyJoey's, or 1,000 falcon's whatever number I've never heard of the guy?...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:00:22 PM by Stang »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »
if we had 1000 tonyjoeys i would quit, Its bad enough trying to play koth with one of him.

but otherwise, amen stang.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »
wow, net was freezing up cliicked a bit much.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:19:45 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:19:54 PM by mechanic »