Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24913 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »
Do you think the game would be better if we had 1,000 TonyJoey's, or 1,000 falcon's whatever number I've never heard of the guy?...

I think a good mix of both is what makes the game interesting.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
Agreed, it isn't about disrespecting them, its helping them understand that we understand as well, that as a community, TOGETHER, have to work at improving game play, participation, growth, for the benefit of the game, but do it with responsibility, where Everyone can enjoy the game, not dictated by a few that think someone elses game play is lame because THEY said so.

Change:its a daily part of our lives that at times can be hard to face

Thats a great statement, to bad you can't adhere to it. If you could you wouldn't be supporting the hordes you fly in/with.

IN response to your earlier post tral..You may not know this,but you imply it in your post,that I want TT's  or FT's taken..nothing could be further from the truth..You guys need to stop putting words in peoples mouths...

I want the FB going on,it keeps other bases free when we go in to take them..I appreciate the FB'ers... :aok And TT'ers :aok

Fugitive,you keep referring to the MEGA-SQUADS as the ones who HORDE,and nothing could be further from the truth..99% of my missions are country missions..That means you have a problem with the COUNTRY,not the squads..Inserting the MEGA-SQUADS into your posts is merely propaganda...

Smokey23,25 planes coming into a Vbase that had at least as many defenders as we had coming over..not to mention the ones flying from A9 to help you all out..You guys did a great job,kept it for quite a few hours..But the defense was just as great as the offense..
  That is why one does not see a dar bar at 10 after we took 9...GV's dont show up on the DAR..there were many,but we got them wiped out and took back the base..

You guys at V10 going to say it wasnt fun defending at V10??landing those WW and ostie kills???You going to say it wasnt a "FUN" fight?? Because if it wasnt fun for you,then why did you stay and defend so vigorously???

Again,not ONe bish was upset we got those bases back..

And if,as many of you say,it isnt about taking bases,then why waste your time coming and taking bases like A9 and V10????? If you want a fight and furball,then why dont you guys just fight it out at a closer base on the map,and not take any bases????

hmmm last time I looked you could set the totals slots open in a mission. 15 Rt's on, you make 15 slots. By opening the mission to 50 people you are advancing poor game play creating a spot for a horde to get together.

if we had 1000 tonyjoeys i would quit, Its bad enough trying to play koth with one of him.

but otherwise, amen stang.

I'd rather tony handing my butt to me all night instead of having to deal with even one horde.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
NO,I am sorry fugitive,but many times all of RT who are on do not join posted missions..You are assuming again..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #303 on: April 21, 2009, 06:34:39 PM »
NO,I am sorry fugitive,but many times all of RT who are on do not join posted missions..You are assuming again..

The point still stands, 15 slots means 15 people. 50 slots means HORDE!

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2009, 06:36:33 PM »
So we have come to a defintion..50 is an official "HORDE"?????

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »

A hoard is defined by the amount of opponents.

Three or four planes can be a hoard if there is only one bad guy.

If you run a 50 player mission against a field that has a massive enemy presence it is not a hoard.

It's is not how many players YOU have, it is how many opponents you are attacking.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2009, 06:45:24 PM »

I'd rather tony handing my butt to me all night instead of having to deal with even one horde.

what about a horde of joeys?  :O

(oh and by the way, call him joey he shares the account with his dad, tony)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline thndregg

• Gold Member
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »

If you run a 50 player mission against a field that has a massive enemy presence it is not a hoard.

It's is not how many players YOU have, it is how many opponents you are attacking.

To be an opponent, you must choose to oppose. As said before. Darbar is plenty notice that something is on the way. Do we need to lead you by the nose on 200 and say, "Here we are!"?
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »

Then,by this defintion lute,the mission onto A9 the other day,which was LESS than 50 BTW was NOT a horde,as there was a MASSIVE enemy presence.... :)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Ah those responses were so predictable. But I'm going to sit this one out.. Yep..Yep...
-AoM-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

LOL!!! WOW That comment was so funny... whew that was a good laugh !

Maybe thats the issue, you just don't know what a horde is?

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »

SO,you telling me that lute didnt post the "RIGHT" specs for a HORDE???

You mean it  is all relative,and that many people have  their own definition of what A horde is,depending on if their the ones defending,or on the offensive side???? 

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »
If you ask me it all comes down to chosing the wrong arena for the right gameplay.

The MA is not a dueling arena. Despite the fact that i am 100% a furballer, dogfighter and generaly have nothing to do with base captures.....I actualy think this one is winging to the land grabbers side, hear me out.

1) A horde is only a horde if there is no opposition. You cannot expect a squad to split onto two sides and fight each other just because the other team doesnt care about the base.

2) If you do not care about bases, then let them take it. What does it matter? It does not hurt anyone if they take an undefended base.

3) If you get caught and 'dishonourably' dispatched by the horde that is your own fault for flying there.

4) Anyone who lies and says they have never once been at a huge advantage and shot at anything with a red icon can stop posting all toether.

5) Its simulated warfare in the MA. When the horde gets you, it is time to rally the troops and fight back not complain that they did not line up for orderly 1 v 1 till you lost.

6) this whole debate is so old even the arguments on the side i agree with, furballing and dogfighting, are getting extremely boring.

7)And finally: Who is it that is being annoyed the most here? Furballers and lone wolfs that is who.
 We are annoyed that sometimes our fights are shut down, land grabbers are annoyed that our fighting serves no purpose but the fight itself. But truly, In this forum debate the furballers are now just plain whining.
It's boring, the MA is what it is, please everyone shut the hell up about it or at the very least get some new material.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
"Dude", um if thats how you prefer, Any mission that you would consider to be overkill can only be justified upon arrival of a base, having too little to accomplish or too many to accomplish the goal in said mission can be dictated by the unknown.  That unknown is dictated by the resistance encountered.  So, high en site is 20/20, knowing if it was overkill is something determined after the fact. 

Bases can be taken with as little as 1 to as many as infinite, its dictated by the resistance or potential of resistance of what may be encountered. 

So which is it, out of touch, or just making it up, your comprehension?   :lol

In your justification for defending detrimental game play / over kill missions to vbases & ports you appear to be contradicting yourself.  You mention "hindsite" (kinda) in one paragraph and "potential resistance" in the other.  So what your condoning is every mission should expect the worse and cater to that fact.  Letting hindsite be the judge of things after the event.  Do the words "reasonable deduction" strike a cord when pondering, if at all,   :rolleyes: the potential resistance?   .....Comprehend?

This game isn't rocket science  :rolleyes:  .....for some.  A vbase or a port on these terrains are the easiest things to capture UNLESS it's been a standing battle for hours which they weren't I hassen to add.   It really is as SIMPLE as that.  Bearing in mind I've been a first hand witness to one of these missions I say again....it's nothing more than over kill, skilless, weak let alone a completely lazy eastern block tactic.  Throw everything in including the unarmed...read skilless, which unfortunately includes some of the mission makers.  What you can't achieve through skill of this game will fall under the might hammer and sickle of shear numbers. 

This ethos seems out of touch to the advert that brought many new players here--->  "Learn the skills and maneuvers to become an ace".  Tis on the front page if you want to view it.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2009, 07:08:02 PM »

Does anyone?   3 on 1 is a horde, 20 on 10 is a horde, 50 on 5 is a horde, 25 on 20 is a horde.

Y'all can't even decide what a horde is.  Appears to be a horde is whenever the oppsite side doesn't have an advantage, so then it must be a horde.  I guess one has to be psychic to know how many are going to defend, so one would know how many need to attack.  

Fred

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook