Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24958 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »
Agreed, it isn't about disrespecting them, its helping them understand that we understand as well, that as a community, TOGETHER, have to work at improving game play, participation, growth, for the benefit of the game, but do it with responsibility, where Everyone can enjoy the game, not dictated by a few that think someone elses game play is lame because THEY said so.

Yep, your slow, took you long enough to read the whole post and then you forgot the key note in it... Taters...   :lol

Your excuses are as old as this topic.  I hope I can ruin your fun more often.  My satisfaction will be seeing you continue your rants on here for the next 20 yrs.....  :rofl

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:19:29 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »
If you ask me it all comes down to chosing the wrong arena for the right gameplay.

The MA is not a dueling arena. Despite the fact that i am 100% a furballer, dogfighter and generaly have nothing to do with base captures.....I actualy think this one is winging to the land grabbers side, hear me out.

1) A horde is only a horde if there is no opposition. You cannot expect a squad to split onto two sides and fight each other just because the other team doesnt care about the base.

2) If you do not care about bases, then let them take it. What does it matter? It does not hurt anyone if they take an undefended base.

3) If you get caught and 'dishonourably' dispatched by the horde that is your own fault for flying there.

4) Anyone who lies and says they have never once been at a huge advantage and shot at anything with a red icon can stop posting all toether.

5) Its simulated warfare in the MA. When the horde gets you, it is time to rally the troops and fight back not complain that they did not line up for orderly 1 v 1 till you lost.

6) this whole debate is so old even the arguments on the side i agree with, furballing and dogfighting, are getting extremely boring.

7)And finally: Who is it that is being annoyed the most here? Furballers and lone wolfs that is who.
 We are annoyed that sometimes our fights are shut down, land grabbers are annoyed that our fighting serves no purpose but the fight itself. But truly, In this forum debate the furballers are now just plain whining.
It's boring, the MA is what it is, please everyone shut the hell up about it or at the very least get some new material.

A big  :aok to you mechanic, this all kidding aside, has to be the most intelligent post of the thread.

:salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:03 PM »
If you ask me it all comes down to chosing the wrong arena for the right gameplay.

The MA is not a dueling arena. Despite the fact that i am 100% a furballer, dogfighter and generaly have nothing to do with base captures.....I actualy think this one is winging to the land grabbers side, hear me out.

1) A horde is only a horde if there is no opposition. You cannot expect a squad to split onto two sides and fight each other just because the other team doesnt care about the base.

2) If you do not care about bases, then let them take it. What does it matter? It does not hurt anyone if they take an undefended base.

3) If you get caught and 'dishonourably' dispatched by the horde that is your own fault for flying there.

4) Anyone who lies and says they have never once been at a huge advantage and shot at anything with a red icon can stop posting all toether.

5) Its simulated warfare in the MA. When the horde gets you, it is time to rally the troops and fight back not complain that they did not line up for orderly 1 v 1 till you lost.

6) this whole debate is so old even the arguments on the side i agree with, furballing and dogfighting, are getting extremely boring.

7)And finally: Who is it that is being annoyed the most here? Furballers and lone wolfs that is who.
 We are annoyed that sometimes our fights are shut down, land grabbers are annoyed that our fighting serves no purpose but the fight itself. But truly, In this forum debate the furballers are now just plain whining.
It's boring, the MA is what it is, please everyone shut the hell up about it or at the very least get some new material.

+1

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »
See Rule Something....

See Rule Something....

Okay, now that I'm done saying all that...

I don't know where you get your intel from, but a FALCON23 mission with more then 15 is far more rare then you might think.  Once every other month there is a horde of 50...  But that will still bring me, personally, back to the point that Bishop's do not control the Rook/Knit actions.  When I am in one of those missions of 13 people, I'm usually disappointed that you don't come out.  Yet, ever notice when you folk try the same thing, we up?
The point still stands, 15 slots means 15 people. 50 slots means HORDE!

As stated above Fugitive... He's right....... When I'm not on one of those missions, I'm off being horded in my 109 by 4 of you elsewhere... Guess it really is how you see your glass...
NO,I am sorry fugitive,but many times all of RT who are on do not join posted missions..You are assuming again..

Do you?  Ask the same question to five hundred different people, you will get five hundred and one different responses.
Maybe thats the issue, you just don't know what a horde is?

But that's all neither here, there, nor anywhere that is important.  There is a good argument on every side of the debate, yet nobody realizes that every single person that plays the game, gets what they want out of it.  And there isn't much anybody else can do about that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:32:33 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »
Agreed, it isn't about disrespecting them, its helping them understand that we understand as well, that as a community, TOGETHER, have to work at improving game play, participation, growth, for the benefit of the game, but do it with responsibility, where Everyone can enjoy the game, not dictated by a few that think someone elses game play is lame because THEY said so.

Change:its a daily part of our lives that at times can be hard to face

Makes me think of Alice, wonder land, and an over sized top hat for some reason.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:22 PM »
Makes me think of Alice, wonder land, and an over sized top hat for some reason.

More jibberish.......  :rolleyes:

So what your condoning is every mission should expect the worse and cater to that fact. 

YES

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »

Is this kind of like the day I shot you down 3 times in a row to kill some tents at an airfield, taking them down at all cost..... and then hide in the "BIG RED DAR"  Is that the kind of avoidance you speak of, help me understand what you mean by avoiding YOU shooting THEM down.   :lol
Lmao..you got 1 proxie on me while I was porking the feild then knowing I had 1 tent left, you and the other 6 spixteens met me at 20k in which 6 of you attacked my heavy typh. in which I did salute you. Please post film if you must.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Did you record me killing your bombers last week sir?  I'd really like that film.   :salute

Lmao..you got 1 proxie on me while I was porking the feild then knowing I had 1 tent left, you and the other 6 spixteens met me at 20k in which 6 of you attacked my heavy typh. in which I did salute you. Please post film if you must.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

Tral, that was 1 proxie and 2 kills in the same sortie, I refueled and waited for your return, the last return, there were other cons there on the way to the v bases, 2 sqaudies were there because I told them I just got the proxie on you, and that you would come back since there was 1 tent left,,,, and you did..  I landed 3 kills all from you.  

But you got it at all cost, which I would have done, you were trying to keep the troops disabled, we quickly resupplied and had them back up faster than you could take them down.  

I dont have film of it, but you can easily see that in the score page.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:46:40 PM by Dadsguns »

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »
In your justification for defending detrimental game play / over kill missions to vbases & ports you appear to be contradicting yourself.  You mention "hindsite" (kinda) in one paragraph and "potential resistance" in the other.  So what your condoning is every mission should expect the worse and cater to that fact.  Letting hindsite be the judge of things after the event.  Do the words "reasonable deduction" strike a cord when pondering, if at all,    the potential resistance?   .....Comprehend?

NO

Fixed

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2009, 07:45:53 PM »
<- Waiting for the final "This is done." post by you-know-who  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2009, 07:46:40 PM »

You guys take bases with half that amount,...6/110's 3 niks,and 2 goons???Well congrats ,and good thing you did not have any resistance..

I put 15 slots for 110's in my missions,I put 10 slots for fighters,and 4 goons,I do not see where that is horrible..I want the town down as FAST as possible,I dont want to sit there and "FONDLE" it..I want it DOWN,and so do the  people who are with me,..

You want to see A 50 man mission???? that would be the one with 190a8's,when eny has gone through the roof,literally,,and is over 25..

ANd tral I never said that 12 110's missions were a challenge to me,you put words in my mouth..but I want to be sure when I launch a mission for a particular target,that it goes down the way it is supposed too..and that is that it gets captured..

HORDE^^^^^^^^^

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
please end this thread and all others like it.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »
In your justification for defending detrimental game play / over kill missions to vbases & ports you appear to be contradicting yourself.  You mention "hindsite" (kinda) in one paragraph and "potential resistance" in the other.  So what your condoning is every mission should expect the worse and cater to that fact.  Letting hindsite be the judge of things after the event.  Do the words "reasonable deduction" strike a cord when pondering, if at all,    the potential resistance?   .....Comprehend?

So what are you asking?  Here was my post.

"Dude", um if thats how you prefer, Any mission that you would consider to be overkill can only be justified upon arrival of a base, having too little to accomplish or too many to accomplish the goal in said mission can be dictated by the unknown.  That unknown is dictated by the resistance encountered.  So, high en site is 20/20, knowing if it was overkill is something determined after the fact.  

Bases can be taken with as little as 1 to as many as infinite, its dictated by the resistance or potential of resistance of what may be encountered.  

This snapshot has been used many times, and I for one was not involved and am not aware of the outcome of that mission. However, had I been I would have attacked the remaining bases in that area, if this was the result of this mission, bravo for them, if it wasnt then its was a poor use of the resources that mission planner had. Nothing more.

There is nothing wrong with my engrish, I pretty much understood what you said here, that they are becoming a little to frequent, Again, my comment stated the opposite.  You still disagree?   I will post it for you.....

So which is it, out of touch, or just making it up, your comprehension?   :lol

Point out again where you see any contridiction here.  Its pretty clear to me.  I will gladley explain it if your confused.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2009, 07:55:45 PM »
Tral, that was 1 proxie and 2 kills in the same sortie, I refueled and waited for your return, the last return, there were other cons there on the way to the v bases, 2 sqaudies were there because I told them I just got the proxie on you, and that you would come back since there was 1 tent left,,,, and you did..  I landed 3 kills all from you.  

But you got it at all cost, which I would have done, you were trying to keep the troops disabled, we quickly resupplied and had them back up faster than you could take them down.  

I dont have film of it, but you can easily see that in the score page.
Nope, 1 kill. The first was a proxie from ack. and NOPE there were 6 of you chasing a heavy typh, 3 of which were high about 20k circling the base when I came in. would you like me to post the gangbang and look foolish? you got 1 pick on me the other day at 62 in which I did reply good shot.  Stats dont tell gangbangs remember. 1 guy porking is a far cry from what your saying. maybe I should of asked 50 other guys to come with me and plow the town...that would of been more of an ALL COST sortie.