Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25372 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #375 on: April 22, 2009, 12:24:47 PM »
Why do you care?

Fred

I'm just saying that he seems to not really be involved in the whole mission horde thing anymore.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #376 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »
Take your entourage of pilots and go hit a base that you know will be defended.  See what happens.  Come back here and tell how THAT goes.

Been done many times, this thread discusses just that event.  Not only by our squad, but others as well just to prove that it can be done even if its defended.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #377 on: April 22, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »

Theres several million bases on a large map, and you guys are complaining about a large group of people occasionally taking one of them??

Again the very vocal minority speaks and speaks and speaks.

Like a nagging wife,these guys won't shut up until you agree with them.

I know these same guys will ASSUME that I am part of these large groups that occasionally form, but I'm not.

I don't like being over run or going home with a pocket full of assists either.

But I don't see the problem being as large as they say.

The way these guys are talking, this "problem" is happening every 10 minutes. Its not.

The way these guys are talking, the community at large is unhappy with bases being over run occasionally. They're not.

There are many many other things in this game that are more annoying than one of my precious bases being over run by a bunch of people having fun.

I agree with the people who say, if you don't pay attention to the radar you will have a pretty good chance of being caught with your pants down.

If you're too "busy" to drop what you're doing to up and defend, thats too bad. Thats life.

If you're so worried about these base takes, you and ALLLLLL your buddies would pay a little more attention to the map.

From what I've been hearing, it would only take 2 or 3 of yas to squash the "skill less" horde. Then do it !!

I watch the map all the time, to me its part of the game.

I will up and investigate a flashing base.

I obviously can't investigate them all, but hey, it ain't life threatening.

Sometimes I catch em , sometimes i don't. No big deal, theres plenty to do on such large maps.

And PLEASE don't try playing the "avoiding combat" card on me.

Thats a crock.

You and I both know there are more guys avoiding fighting alot of other ways than there are guys that occasionally over run a base.

Thanks for incessantly pointing out that I'm not having fun and you could show me how to have "better" fun, but I'm all set thanks.

Well gotta go climb to 20k now so I can get picked off by some dweeb who's at 25k.  :salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #378 on: April 22, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »
Take your entourage of pilots and go hit a base that you know will be defended.  See what happens.  Come back here and tell how THAT goes.

Been done many times, not only by RT but other squads as well just to prove that it can be done, even if defended as well.  Missions were announced ahead of time for the benefit of defense.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »

Theres several million bases on a large map, and you guys are complaining about a large group of people occasionally taking one of them??

Again the very vocal minority speaks and speaks and speaks.

Like a nagging wife,these guys won't shut up until you agree with them.

I know these same guys will ASSUME that I am part of these large groups that occasionally form, but I'm not.

I don't like being over run or going home with a pocket full of assists either.

But I don't see the problem being as large as they say.

The way these guys are talking, this "problem" is happening every 10 minutes. Its not.

The way these guys are talking, the community at large is unhappy with bases being over run occasionally. They're not.

There are many many other things in this game that are more annoying than one of my precious bases being over run by a bunch of people having fun.

I agree with the people who say, if you don't pay attention to the radar you will have a pretty good chance of being caught with your pants down.

If you're too "busy" to drop what you're doing to up and defend, thats too bad. Thats life.

If you're so worried about these base takes, you and ALLLLLL your buddies would pay a little more attention to the map.

From what I've been hearing, it would only take 2 or 3 of yas to squash the "skill less" horde. Then do it !!

I watch the map all the time, to me its part of the game.

I will up and investigate a flashing base.

I obviously can't investigate them all, but hey, it ain't life threatening.

Sometimes I catch em , sometimes i don't. No big deal, theres plenty to do on such large maps.

And PLEASE don't try playing the "avoiding combat" card on me.

Thats a crock.

You and I both know there are more guys avoiding fighting alot of other ways than there are guys that occasionally over run a base.

Thanks for incessantly pointing out that I'm not having fun and you could show me how to have "better" fun, but I'm all set thanks.

Well gotta go climb to 20k now so I can get picked off by some dweeb who's at 25k.  :salute

:aok
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:38:05 PM by Dadsguns »

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #380 on: April 22, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
I'm just saying that he seems to not really be involved in the whole mission horde thing anymore.

And you would stand corrected, I am all about everything this game offers.  Including missions.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #381 on: April 22, 2009, 12:39:59 PM »
Been done many times, not only by RT but other squads as well just to prove that it can be done, even if defended as well.  Missions were announced ahead of time for the benefit of defense.
:lol  system 200:  we are hitting A12, with 59 tiffies.... :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:53 PM »
:lol  system 200:  we are hitting A12, with 59 tiffies.... :rofl

... and we are at 20k.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
What? The average guy won't up against that?
Blame the defender!
-AoM-

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2009, 12:47:22 PM »
Tiffies are easy kills, I'd love to see that many at one base.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2009, 12:49:37 PM »
Next, you Sirs will preatend that so-called ACM or SA would make any difference in such a situation,

or that it would enhence gameplay!

I'm deaply sorry but please dont cast stones in a glass house!!!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »
Tiffies are easy kills, I'd love to see that many at one base.   

I'm an easy kill, and I'd still up against it.

Repeatedly. :cry
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
I for one don't do anything but record all day looking for m00t............... Dopus

BS.    Post a film or it never happened
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »
I do.

Blame the defender!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2009, 12:56:14 PM »
Blame the defender!

All the time..... oh wait, Im not average... nevermind...  :lol