Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24923 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »
Or when you do show up with a couple dozens and the target is scantily or not defended, have the sense to divert a part of the group to one or more other targets.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »
Tequila - I think HT does a very good job of policing the game.

Moot - Interesting anology to soccer. Not being as young as I once was, I don't have the stamina anymore. Does that mean I no longer enjoy a kick around on the green as much. Hell no!
I could also say that it is also possible the more skilled you get, the more seriously you take the game. The more seriously you take it, the more chance things annoy you, the more chance you don't enjoy it as much. (Hypothetically)
I would agree on diverting parts of a mission to another objective, once the main objective is relatively secure. Easy if its a squad, more difficult if its a general mission.

Fugitive -
Bish Tiffy missions were common (infamous) back in 2004. With the lower overall MA population back then I would guess the odds were more in favour of the mission than they are now.
Simple answer to an undefended base - DEFEND IT. I would agree it's probably more difficult on a large map.
Yup, is 999000 the bombers guy, and probably Tunes also? (I've Been away a while)
Dr7 and Whels are a nightmare in tanks.
Bombing and bailing - Don't agree with bombing and bailing over the field, or if being chased. Then again does it really 'hurt' anyone?
NOE's I have no problem with - Easier to defend against than a similar mission coming in at 20k or more. Yes I know you have little warning, but at least you can be on an equal speed footing with an NOE very quickly.

Skyrock - This is something I can never understand. I thought you would have known better than to up from a capped/vulched field. Thought you would have gone to the next closest field and upped from there? (I assume it wasn't an attempted capture)
Me - I'd of grabbed an IL-2 and ho'd them right back, soon thin them out :) .

General - What ever happened to the anti-hoard - hoard that was much talked and vaunted about?

Oops - For 2004, read 2002, just realised when I started, time flies.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:45:19 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »

Not really hard to understand...

Fly the way that the Uber-stick gods of AHII deem appropriate or become a Dweeb, Noob, Ho-Tard, Tardlet or whatever else they can think of calling you on 200 while simultaneously thumping their chests and receiving accolades from their little minions...

....and another one joins the ranks of those who wish to be part of the problem.

Not looking to be a part of anyone's problem, but like it or not, that is the way a lot of you come off on the bulletin board and in the game.
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
DREDger is a minion and resorts to juvenile comments pot kettle black 1st & 4th words when not even so much as leaned on.   All I'm saying as I have ALWAYS said, I don't beat around the bush.   I've been a Rook how long?   I know EXACTLY what goes on, come on.   You are nuts if you think none of that goes on.   If your talking about Rooks as a whole ...yes these things do go on.  With reference to a dredger mission your wrong and out of context

I'm not trying to "relive anything".  really? It doesn't look like that in the next paragraph It's just that 99% of the Community doesn't go out of their way to ruin fun for others.  really? Great you Bish/Rooks were gang banging Knights last night.    You forgot to look at the Country Statuses for your "reset attempts".   now this does make perfect sense.  I can't see the point of griefing 1 country back to a few bases when you still need 40% of another.

But where many have ALWAYS drawn the line is taking center map bases.   Have you even looked at Oranges map?  With the exception of TT map this idea here is total bollocks  It serves no purpose other than to not allow GV'ers a "quick one or two hop".   There is no TT in the orange terrain.  Those center Island BASES in orange are just the same as any other base on the WHOLE FREAKIN MAP.  They are to be contended and contested just like any other.  Honestly, your arguing over TT when there isn't one. Instead all of you like minded, failure to see the light zombies get your rocks off hogging all of the bases.   If there was a snowballs chance of a reset, if you're that weak, then take em.   But when ALL countries are around 33% of each countries base quota, you're not taking them because "we rule and didn't whorde." 

It is a mindset LYNX.   That and that alone is the crux of this VERY THREAD.   Yep and not petty arguments about none existant tank towns It's a shame that some just sell themselves for a score.   

I'll ALWAYS sound off against center bases being taken.   Even when there is NO TT?  I'm not a hypocrite and despise those who are.   

I'm done with this off topic side bar.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
I'm done with this off topic side bar.

I never said "TT Bases".    I said "Center bases".    But the "mindset" is what this THREAD has been about and few get that point.   Maybe on page 40, some people will finally grasp that word.

Regarding your "pot kettle black" comment.   In the 7+ years I've been playing, I've never insulted someone across channel by means of a personal nature.   You know damn well what I'm talking about, don't even compare me DREDger.   I don't "turn a blind eye" to ignorance and try to twist other people's words.   Some in this game do.

Make fun of my 250lb body weight all you want.   It makes you look ignorant, whether you "say it", or "refuse to deal with it."   I find it amusing that folks in here pretend to be "a friend" and stab you in the back every chance they get.   This isn't the first time weak minded folks do it and it will not be last time.

With that being said.   I'm done with this "sidebar, word twisting to suit my angle BS" as well.   I will continue posting to those posts which skirt the "word" involved.   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:13:21 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2009, 10:28:37 AM »
Not looking to be a part of anyone's problem, but like it or not, that is the way a lot of you come off on the bulletin board and in the game.

Did you read the post.... well the ones on topic anyway...? The point is that too much lame game play is happening. I for one am asking the rest of the community to help clean it up. I'm not trying to stop anyone from playing the game the way that they want to unless they,

* HO
    * dive bombing lancs or any heavy bomber
    * running NOEs with 12 110s, 4 goons, and a half dozen or so NIKs
    * spawn camping
    * being the 6th guy in on a single bad guy
    * suicide dive bombers
    * bringing a CV close enough to dry spawn
    * hiding captured CVs

If you think all of these things are OK, then you are part of the problem.

If you think these are lame, at least control yourself and avoid doing them, if you lead a squad instill the same qualities into your squad mates, if you lead country wide missions (which means that the players on your team look up to you at least enough to follow you) in still those qualities into them. A little bit goes a long way.

Again, which type of game play do you promote.... be honest now  :)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

* HO
    * dive bombing lancs or any heavy bomber
    * running NOEs with 12 110s, 4 goons, and a half dozen or so NIKs
    * spawn camping
    * being the 6th guy in on a single bad guy
    * suicide dive bombers
    * bringing a CV close enough to dry spawn
    * hiding captured CVs

If you think all of these things are OK, then you are part of the problem.

And what we are trying to tell you is that you are wrong. 
These are things that YOU find to be lame.  You are saying that this is the standard by your accounts.
I can agree with some of them being lame, but not all of them.
Someone else will also disagree with some of them and be completely different from our perceptions. 

Is this the official results of a concensus from the community, no, its your opinion of what lame play is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:43:18 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
btw, lotta looks at this thread.....

4,788 views as I post this.  Would be cool if just a few % of the viewers stopped doing the crappy stuff.  Unfortunately 2 things come to mind.

1) apparently only a minority of subscribers read the boards.

2) There's no way in hell I or some others will stop doing what others perceive to be crappy stuff.  For an example....while the other sides are capable of spawning LVT dry I'll do likewise.  If there's just cause I'll hide CV's but I'll also push them forward when it's appropriate. 

One mans Taliban is another mans Mujaheddin

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #458 on: April 24, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »
Some one said that ENY killed RJO. Now I find that funny. Because if Bish's ENY is high they simply use a higher ENY plane to get the job done.

How I play, oh yeah my 15 bucks part. I like lone wolfing it. Anyone who really knows me will back me up. I like it when it's quiet and when all I think about is the next ACM, the attack, how I imagine it's going to unfold, and of course the what ifs. I think about the limits of my plane, the set up of my controls, my speed, and maybe I can learn something new or perhaps become a better shot.

On the other hand missions are fun and winning the map is a fun, triumphant moment.

Ironically, I have been criticized for both and sometimes from my own squad.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:12:46 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #459 on: April 24, 2009, 10:46:04 AM »
4,788 views as I post this.  Would be cool if just a few % of the viewers stopped doing the crappy stuff.  Unfortunately 2 things come to mind.

2) There's no way in hell I or some others will stop doing what others perceive to be crappy stuff.  For an example....while the other sides are capable of spawning LVT dry I'll do likewise.  If there's just cause I'll hide CV's but I'll also push them forward when it's appropriate. 

One mans Taliban is another mans Mujaheddin
What Fugitive probably means is keeping the CVs out in the boonies for no good reason and/or when they could be put to use (fun).  All these cases are mostly shades of grey.  What he's talking about aren't some platonisms but common occurences in the game.  Characteristics of which can be bullet-ed like he did.
e.g. #2 is debatable, but 5 and 6 are almost never defendable.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #460 on: April 24, 2009, 10:56:31 AM »
by kev
Bombing and bailing - Don't agree with bombing and bailing over the field, or if being chased. Then again does it really 'hurt' anyone?

Well... for sure no one actually dies.  No one is plugged into the PC power supply to get a pisser when they "virtually" die but by your ethos would it hurt the bomber to actually fight his way out of it? 

It's like pulling a gun on an unarmed man but throwing your gun down and running away, as the unarmed walks over to his gun cabinate.

This rinse and repeat gamey play is ridicules especially when they miss a CV or a hanger. 

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #461 on: April 24, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »

I would consider this a contradiction, others may not.  IMO, I could not think of any reason to hide a CV, but thats me.
What I am pointing out is that "Defining lame play" would need to be determined by a consensus of what everyone would perceive that to be.

Why not start with this what has been listed.  Add what you may think is missing, once we get a list finished and agreed upon, each person would copy and post a yes or no beside it and talley it up..... 

1. HO
    2. dive bombing lancs or any heavy bomber
    3. running NOEs with 12 110s, 4 goons, and a half dozen or so NIKs
    4. spawn camping
    5. being the 6th guy in on a single bad guy
    6. suicide dive bombers
    7. bringing a CV close enough to dry spawn
    8. hiding captured CVs

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:10:48 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #462 on: April 24, 2009, 11:18:12 AM »
It's not black and white enough to laundry list it like that. Unless you start making each item a paragraph or two giving the full context. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #463 on: April 24, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »
It's not black and white enough to laundry list it like that. Unless you start making each item a paragraph or two giving the full context. 

I agree, that would be the next step.  I would expect that most would agree with the majority of whats on the list and some would be self explanatory of why they have been listed without much explanation.
Identifying what one would consider to be lame is a start.  No explanation needed at this time. 

Why not start with this what has been listed.  Add what you may think is missing, once we get a list finished and agreed upon, each person would copy and post a yes or no beside it and talley it up..... 

1. HO
    2. dive bombing lancs or any heavy bomber
    3. running NOEs with 12 110s, 4 goons, and a half dozen or so NIKs
    4. spawn camping
    5. being the 6th guy in on a single bad guy
    6. suicide dive bombers
    7. bringing a CV close enough to dry spawn
    8. hiding captured CVs
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:37:56 AM by Dadsguns »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2009, 11:28:15 AM »

re-upped, got HOd by that same jug as I passed him trying to get gear up, and got jumped by a hurri and 2 ponies right off the field, reversed the hurri, got into a semi-rolling scissors with him while dodging attacks from the ponies...saw a ponie coming in, avoided a head on pass and he got my tail as he flew by...(PFactorDave)

re-upped, dodged another HO by a spit and a hog at the same time....got wheels up, tried to get over 150mph...got tail snapped by passing pony....

Now, there was enemy at least 7 to 1 there, and no less than 11 ponies and tiffs were bnz cherrying the lopsided fight

Now Skyrock...  I don't have anything against you.  In fact, I've had very little contact with you at all.  Why did you bother to quote my post and then say what you said?  Are you trying to ping my credibility or something?

Well, as long as we're talking....  Why don't we at least tell the truth.  I pulled up the film of when I killed you.  I count about 31 players in the area.  Twelve are Rook, 19 are Bishop.  Of the Rooks, 6 are in the air flying while the other 6 are in GVs defending and trying to sink the very close CV with tank fire....  There are 19 Bishops, 17 of which are in fighters...  One is in B17s leaving the area, the last is in an LVT...  So, the numbers were 17 Bishop fighters against 6 Rook Fighters...  Hardly 7-1...  Not quite 3-1 in PFactor Math...

Now, I think you are confusing some sorties together...  Because what happened to you the time that I shot you down didn't happen like you claimed...  Watch the film that I have provided.  You may have been HO'd coming off the runway, but I see no other HO's on you....  Period...  I do see you trying to up out of a heavily contested base.  I do see you trying to sneak away, probably to grab some altitude and E before coming back in to wreak havoc among the mere mortals.  Then I do see two P51Ds each make a failed run at you, not from the HO angle by the way.  Then I see your manuevering place you pretty much right in front of my guns.  It occurs to me, that at this point there should be a loud chorus of folks posting to tell you that you should have upped from a different base so that you could come in at altitude with some E to spend.  It occurs to me that your death, in this case at least, had more to do with you being arrogant enough to think that your finely honed skills would be enough to get you loose from the combat at that base.  Wonder what will happen if I look at my entire film from your cockpit?  Will I find all of these HO's that you claim?

You see, the event that you are talking about, in my mind has NOTHING AT ALL to do with this conversation in this thread.  This was actually mostly a furball....  It wasn't the filthy horde that is so reviled and the topic of discussion in this thread.    

To my knowledge, this is the only time I have ever shot you down.  Most likely will BE the only time I EVER shoot you down.  I concede that you are much better at this then I am ever likely to be.  

Here is a snip of film to prove everything that I just said, don't worry....  It's very short.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ea9273c6ecfdbe5d7069484bded33bcd8b2a99cdab868332

But sir, if you are going to try to belittle what I had to say...  At least do me the kindness of telling the truth and being honest.  You may apologize to me here or via PM if you are man enough to admit your mistake.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:03:17 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder