Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24925 times)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #480 on: April 24, 2009, 06:41:23 PM »
I will try to reply to many of the posts I read after being at work all day..

I did train with moot for a bit in the TA..he asked about people wanting to get better in the 109's I believe..And so I trained for a bit with him..I am always willing to get better in dogfighting..I have been doing pretty good in a KI lately and am enjoying it..

Rt trains on many different things on tuesdays,you will almost always find us in the TA or the DA..It is not mandatory at all..

Fugitive you have many more issues than just MISSIONS,but let me ask you,if someone put up a CV mission,and had the LVT's in it,when it upped and you spawned feet dry,would you keep on going into town or would you ditch out??I wouldnt ditch out..

Skyrock,your post about upping from a base happens to all sides all the time.Nothing new there..

Fugitive,you made a post about the LAME moves you posted and how people on country get upset with them..I hear it on bish side,and do it myself.I smile just thinking about how sometimes I hear myself saying.."MAN I WISH THEY WOULD FIX THIS LVT SPAWNING FEET DRY ISSUE",and really only complain when it is another side doing it.Otherwise,if I find out they can spawn feet dry,I let people know about it,and use it to its NTH degree..As every side does..

HO'ing,I as many used to HO when I first started,and now try to avoid it,but I still do it sometimes when many around,or a guy is coming straight at me,yea,yea, I could avoid it,but many times trying to avoid it,gets me killed,and it is my way by trying to show by example,that a HO only has a 50/50 survival rate..And I will use it if engaged with more than one enemy..AS many do in-game..

Whats the first thing someone trys to do when they see a 262 in the area and coming for them??? A HO SHOT...you know it is true,so are we going to say it is OK in that instance but not in every other instance??

As far as missions with say 25 people in it taking bases,someone said how can it be fun,or something along those lines,and well,evidently it is or these missions would not happen ON EVERY SIDE...

And fugitive,you said something about taking a base and then just leaving it undefended and the missions moving somewhere else..It does not happen as often as it once did,but I would think that would make you HAPPY as it would mean your  side could come in and take it back easily..SO I dont understand the complaint..

The lame game-play as you have posted about fugitive,the hoing the dry lvt's etc,etc,,is just something EVERY SIDE has to live with..I honestly do not think it cuts into my fun if someone is spawning lvt's dry into A56,and I am wayyyy down south at A10 FB'ing...

DOnt get me wrong,I COMPLAIN about it too if things are not going my way in something I am trying to accomplish,But then I realize that some time soon,the same thing will be used to give us an advantage and it will be used at that time..LIKE IT IS USED ON EVERY SIDE..

The maps are PLENTY BIG ENOUGH to allow EVERYONE their own type of "FUN" when in-game.. :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #481 on: April 24, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Fugitive you have many more issues than just MISSIONS,but let me ask you,if someone put up a CV mission,and had the LVT's in it,when it upped and you spawned feet dry,would you keep on going into town or would you ditch out??I wouldnt ditch out..

Personally, If I was incharge of the mission, I'd be in charge of the CV, so I wouldn't take the CV in that close. Easy enough fix, but to many people know about the "glitch" and game the game.

Fugitive,you made a post about the LAME moves you posted and how people on country get upset with them..I hear it on bish side,and do it myself.I smile just thinking about how sometimes I hear myself saying.."MAN I WISH THEY WOULD FIX THIS LVT SPAWNING FEET DRY ISSUE",and really only complain when it is another side doing it.Otherwise,if I find out they can spawn feet dry,I let people know about it,and use it to its NTH degree..As every side does..

But if you say "we ain't going to do this lame crap any more", and Lynx says" we ain't going to do this crap anymore", and any time you see someone pull a lame move you call them out for it, eventually people will stop doing it.

Whats the first thing someone trys to do when they see a 262 in the area and coming for them??? A HO SHOT...you know it is true,so are we going to say it is OK in that instance but not in every other instance??

Here's a tip for ya, a 262 has a big bellybutton cannon that shoots out the front, why would you ever TRY to put yourself in front of it? Try snap shots, same damage, less danger.

As far as missions with say 25 people in it taking bases,someone said how can it be fun,or something along those lines,and well,evidently it is or these missions would not happen ON EVERY SIDE...

Missions are not the problem, overwhelming odds in a mission is. With a bit of planning 10 guys is enough to take any base, unless your attacking one that all ready has a fight going at it, then you might like to have an extra goon.

And fugitive,you said something about taking a base and then just leaving it undefended and the missions moving somewhere else..It does not happen as often as it once did,but I would think that would make you HAPPY as it would mean your  side could come in and take it back easily..SO I dont understand the complaint..

The complaint is everyone leaves, not everyone like to take an undefended base, alot of us like to FIGHT !!

The lame game-play as you have posted about fugitive,the hoing the dry lvt's etc,etc,,is just something EVERY SIDE has to live with..I honestly do not think it cuts into my fun if someone is spawning lvt's dry into A56,and I am wayyyy down south at A10 FB'ing...

DOnt get me wrong,I COMPLAIN about it too if things are not going my way in something I am trying to accomplish,But then I realize that some time soon,the same thing will be used to give us an advantage and it will be used at that time..LIKE IT IS USED ON EVERY SIDE..

The maps are PLENTY BIG ENOUGH to allow EVERYONE their own type of "FUN" when in-game.. :aok

...and this is how we have gotten to where we are at now. You saw very little of this "lame play" 5 years ago. If everyone continues with the same attitude "oh well thats the way it is", or"well they do it to us", imagine what it could be in another 5 years.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2009, 06:11:12 AM »
...and this is how we have gotten to where we are at now. You saw very little of this "lame play" 5 years ago. If everyone continues with the same attitude "oh well thats the way it is", or"well they do it to us", imagine what it could be in another 5 years.

Was a thread titled "Rose tinted" or something like that.
Didn't post in it, but agreed with the concensus that looking back at how AH used to be we do tend to use Rose Tinted Glasses.

Only thing I don't remember from years ago is dry spawn LVTs, but CV's had other problems then -
a) Schitzophrenic - people see it in different places.
b) Amphibious - could steam through the land masses.

But i digress.

Can quite clearly remember (2002) -
Hoing
Picking
Vulching

and all the other things you say were less prevalent than they are now. It may be less players = seemed to be less prevalent, but it happened and it happened a lot.

The only thing I really consider lame is exploiting any bugs that crop up from time to time.
Remember these-
a) Tempest - could get to a specific alt, get rid of drops and have unlimited fuel.
b) One of the CV planes had a alt bug which made it fly at horrendous speeds.
c) Hiding GV's in ther shore battery.

Exploiting these (and many others) was lame.

[edit] leaving a base you just took undefended (esp if there is a couter attack) isn't lame - its stupid.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:15:05 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2009, 09:12:20 AM »

and all the other things you say were less prevalent than they are now. It may be less players = seemed to be less prevalent, but it happened and it happened a lot.

Yes I did mention that, if only 20 guys are doing it over the whole map and the is only 100 guys on the map its still a fifth of the people flying, like the 100 people out of the 500 that are flying now.

[edit] leaving a base you just took undefended (esp if there is a couter attack) isn't lame - its stupid.

....and considering that these people are all about capturing the bases for their country, really stupid.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »
I'll settle this once and for all. Bad game play is picking up the Monopoly board and throwing it across the room because you landed on Boardwalk again.

The thread can be closed now.

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #485 on: April 25, 2009, 12:46:36 PM »
After last night watching your squaddie DREDger lead the charge in taking all of the center islands.   Which he has done time and time again, because he enjoys ruining other people's fun.   One must ask themselves, "What are we really trying to achieve?"

That is a blatent falsehood.  I wasn't involved with the center island takes, when I logged on they were already taken, and then next day taken back by the bish.  The maps are stalemate maps anyway, so who cares.  Karaya aka masherbum is trying to relive the old tank town arguments from 2 years ago.

DREDger is a minion and resorts to juvenile comments when not even so much as leaned on.   

I'll ALWAYS sound off against center bases being taken.   I'm not a hypocrite and despise those who are.   

Whatever, I've said nothing to you so I have no idea where this is coming from.  Good for you if you are against center island takes.

Only think I've noticed about karaya aka masherbum is that he types more than he plays.   This is his social scene.  He should try getting some exercise.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #486 on: April 25, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »
yawn
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2009, 01:26:19 PM »
That is a blatent falsehood.  I wasn't involved with the center island takes, when I logged on they were already taken, and then next day taken back by the bish.  The maps are stalemate maps anyway, so who cares.  Karaya aka masherbum is trying to relive the old tank town arguments from 2 years ago.

Whatever, I've said nothing to you so I have no idea where this is coming from.  Good for you if you are against center island takes.

Only think I've noticed about karaya aka masherbum is that he types more than he plays.   This is his social scene.  He should try getting some exercise.

Should I post the film of your comments about my weight?   Quit lying and grow up.   

Even more so, I was winging the CH's at the time you were gloating about "Rooks holding all of the center islands".   You're just another pathological liar in this game DREDger.   I know damn well you were involved because that is the only way you "try to win t3h war", as well as others that have replied to me.   :t   
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:28:46 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #488 on: April 25, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
Should I post the film of your comments about my weight?   Quit lying and grow up.   

Even more so, I was winging the CH's at the time you were gloating about "Rooks holding all of the center islands".   You're just another pathological liar in this game DREDger.   I know damn well you were involved because that is the only way you "try to win t3h war", as well as others that have replied to me.   :t   

Oh yeah, I think I recall......You said I worked at the McDonalds drive through.  And I said based on the pictures I saw, you eat there too much!!  (Please do post the film)

You 'know' damn well nothing of the sort.  I made a comment that rooks hold the center isles, you then inferred I was involved with it.  I wasn't, I had just logged on.

And even if I was, soooooo what?  Why are you so interested in how I play or what I do?  I couldn't be less interested in the goings on of your gameplay.  Nor did I bring your name up in these posts.

So why don't you drop dead tubby. :salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #489 on: April 25, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
Nor did I bring your name up in these posts.

Yet another lie.

Buy a Dictionary while you're at it.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »
Yet another lie.

will you buy me one?
i get so confused :(
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
will you buy me one?
i get so confused :(

Sup Brian!   Where you been lately?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »
Sup Brian!   Where you been lately?   
Been doing my thing bro

Hows things going for you?

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
Yet another lie.

LOL, the old liar liar pants on fire?

So seriously, why do you care how I play the game masherbum?  I didn't raise your name in this post, but you did mine.

Do you really care how bases are captured on these maps..they get reset every week.

go buy a couple big macs.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »
LOL, the old liar liar pants on fire?

So seriously, why do you care how I play the game masherbum?  I didn't raise your name in this post, but you did mine.

Do you really care how bases are captured on these maps..they get reset every week.

go buy a couple big macs.
IMHO.
players like you have ruined this game.
but thats my opinion. it doesnt count