Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25378 times)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »
IMHO.
players like you have ruined this game.
but thats my opinion. it doesnt count

How so?

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »
How so?
If you would like for me to PM you, then i will.
But, im not going to get in to a pissing match with anyone.
And ill give you my thoughts and opinion as to why i feel like this.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2009, 08:16:06 PM »
If you would like for me to PM you, then i will.
But, im not going to get in to a pissing match with anyone.
And ill give you my thoughts and opinion as to why i feel like this.

I doesn't have to be a pissing match, if you have an honest opinion shouldn't be a problem sharing it...or you can PM if you want to...however...you brought it up.

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »
This whole thread is a thirty odd page pissing match...
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »
Yup.
Strokes

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »
EDIT:  Nah nevermind, nobody was interested the first time I said it...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:44:18 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »
Truthfully though, I am more sorry that nobody seemed interested in starting a "Pay it Forward" train the new guys movement...  I guess pissing matches are more fun...

PFD, this is an individual type undertaking, if you have a desire to give back to the community, for people that helped you did so individually and voluntarily........and the same had been given to them before this..ad infinium......

there are people out there that does this already...hell Ren has been doing it for close to 20 years now or so.....

no need to start a movement..........just need people to jump on the train............and help pay it forward......thats all....

Kev, yes HTC does a good job policing his creation........but that was not what I meant........The community is the eb and flow and well, it use to "police itself" !......however that has slowly sliped away in say the last 4 to 5 years.......

I see the biggest change in when it went from Aces High......to Aces High II...........and the HUGE MAPS that our wonderful volunteers created........

but the fact is.HOing has always been here.........Vulching has always been here........horde's have always been here........the only difference from years ago and today is the "increased volume" of all the above.........

and the "it's my $14.95, I'll play how I like" with out giving any care to your opponents game play, ethics, etiqutte, Good Sportsmanship ad on..........

am done here, with this thread.......... hopefully, some of the viewers get a new thought out of all the posts.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
PFD, this is an individual type undertaking, if you have a desire to give back to the community, for people that helped you did so individually and voluntarily........and the same had been given to them before this..ad infinium......

there are people out there that does this already...hell Ren has been doing it for close to 20 years now or so.....

no need to start a movement..........just need people to jump on the train............and help pay it forward......thats all....

No need?  Well the current situaiton is certainly not adequate if the Doomsayers are to be believed...  I just get tired of all the preachy "play it this way or your a lamer" crap when so few of them are even remotely willing to actually make an effort to help change the basic mind set of the new players by honestly teaching them.  Or maybe you are trying to say that there isn't really a problem like folks like Fugitive would have everyone believe...

For the record, folks like you and Ren who volunteer your time are doing more of what I am talking about then the other  whiners in this thread will ever even consider.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:52:18 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »
The threads on this subject never go real well. It's very difficult to tell people who enjoy the game one way to enjoy it your way.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #504 on: April 26, 2009, 01:01:58 AM »
It's very difficult to tell people who enjoy the game one way to enjoy it your way.

Though they will try

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #505 on: April 26, 2009, 02:25:21 AM »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #506 on: April 26, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »
The threads on this subject never go real well. It's very difficult to tell people who enjoy the game one way to enjoy it your way.

Identifying bad game play has nothing to do with telling a player what he should/shouldn't do with his $15.  It simply gives him the opportunity to see why what he may be doing in the game is lame.  Here's a perfect example of indisputable bad gameplay.

You see three allies ganging a bogey on the deck and you decide to be the 5th man into the fight.  You dive in and kill the guy on the first pass with two of your allies saddled up on him.  So lets see:  You created a bad gameplay experience for the bogey obviously.  As if 3v1 wasn't unfair enough!  More importantly however, you created bad game play for the three allies that were fighting the bogey.  It is extraordinarily insulting to your allies to not trust them enough in a 3v1 fight to be able to kill a guy.  By taking this kill, you are robbing your allies of a fight and robbing your enemy of a challenge.  So you effectively created bad gameplay for 4 people in that situation (3 of which being your allies) and created good gameplay for yourself by getting a kill.  Overall situation is a -3 for game play.

It doesn't even stop here.  It's laughably absurd when you see seven guys on a single bogey.  The 6th,7th,8th guys into that "fight" have no business entering into the airspace around such a contest yet it happens all the time.  This is indisputably negative! 

Can anybody give me any legitimate reason how this is positive for anybody other than the selfish player blatantly stealing a kill from his allies and kicking an enemy in the head when he is already lying in the gutter unconscious?

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #507 on: April 26, 2009, 03:29:21 AM »
Identifying bad game play has nothing to do with telling a player what he should/shouldn't do with his $15.  It simply gives him the opportunity to see why what he may be doing in the game is lame.  Here's a perfect example of indisputable bad gameplay.

You see three allies ganging a bogey on the deck and you decide to be the 5th man into the fight.  You dive in and kill the guy on the first pass with two of your allies saddled up on him.  So lets see:  You created a bad gameplay experience for the bogey obviously.  As if 3v1 wasn't unfair enough!  More importantly however, you created bad game play for the three allies that were fighting the bogey.  It is extraordinarily insulting to your allies to not trust them enough in a 3v1 fight to be able to kill a guy.  By taking this kill, you are robbing your allies of a fight and robbing your enemy of a challenge.  So you effectively created bad gameplay for 4 people in that situation (3 of which being your allies) and created good gameplay for yourself by getting a kill.  Overall situation is a -3 for game play.

It doesn't even stop here.  It's laughably absurd when you see seven guys on a single bogey.  The 6th,7th,8th guys into that "fight" have no business entering into the airspace around such a contest yet it happens all the time.  This is indisputably negative! 

Can anybody give me any legitimate reason how this is positive for anybody other than the selfish player blatantly stealing a kill from his allies and kicking an enemy in the head when he is already lying in the gutter unconscious?

but its my 15$ and when I fly with 5 squaddies, I fly cuz I like the comradary. We only fly into situations where all of us can gang one target and if anyone says its wrong, they can shove it cuz they are telling me to play a certain way.
  :mad:
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #508 on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:33 AM »
This whole thread is a thirty odd page pissing match...

I knew she had Legs when I first saw her.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #509 on: April 26, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
No need?  Well the current situaiton is certainly not adequate if the Doomsayers are to be believed...  I just get tired of all the preachy "play it this way or your a lamer" crap when so few of them are even remotely willing to actually make an effort to help change the basic mind set of the new players by honestly teaching them.  Or maybe you are trying to say that there isn't really a problem like folks like Fugitive would have everyone believe...

For the record, folks like you and Ren who volunteer your time are doing more of what I am talking about then the other  whiners in this thread will ever even consider.

Thats all I've been saying!! There is a huge problem with poor game play !! If people would use a little common sense and realize that this is a game where it's suppose to be fun, and not a war that must be won at all costs it would be a much better game than it already is.

Though they will try

So what your saying then is that you both condone the lame game play listed and find nothing wrong with it?