Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25397 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #510 on: April 26, 2009, 09:31:14 AM »

Thats all I've been saying!! There is a huge problem with poor game play !! If people would use a little common sense and realize that this is a game where it's suppose to be fun, and not a war that must be won at all costs it would be a much better game than it already is.

It's not worth the time.  All you want to do is force everyone to conform to your concept of fun.  You refuse to consider that someone else might be having fun in a way that you don't like.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if you really want to affect how game play evolves in this game you need to start finding new guys and teaching them "The Way".  Sitting in here all butt hurt because that mean ol' Falcon23 broke your furball is lame forum posting, in my opinion.

Whatever...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2009, 09:48:56 AM »

So what your saying then is that you both condone the lame game play listed and find nothing wrong with it?

There is plenty of room for everyone in the game.  I find some aspects of play 'lame', but I don't take it that seriously.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2009, 09:52:32 AM »
Lame, Dweebish, Noobish, blah blah blah...........  Good use of adjectives.

Sounds like a bunch of opinions to me though.  Sadly, since we're all human, we'll never agree.  Everybody has one.

Oh but BTW Donkey's Rears.........  Newb's come on the game, and you punk's don't give them the time of day.  A mission is an easy way for a newb to get involved, to want to pay the subscription, so, Bishop gets numbers in missions because we talk with our newbs.............

Oh, and another thing JACK's.....................

Without the newbs.... HTC, and the game, will never grow, eventually ceasing to exist.  So why don't you all start saying thank you to the folks like FALCON23, who make this game exist. 

You and your high horse..... Doesn't pay the bills....  Despite what your ego's think.  Your opinion is only worth 15 bucks.... Same as mine, same as 300 names I can think of that really enjoy ruining Fugitive's evening. 

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh and another FYI...........  FALCON23 being nice and speaking to newbs..... DRIVES US NUTS!   

Get your facts straight.

And what page of the AH rulebook does it tell us what your definition of lame is?  Oh, wait a sec..... I don't give two craps.  Nevermind.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:54:52 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #513 on: April 26, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
Right, out with reason, in with "my 15$".  Who's on a high horse here?  :lol
Loud noises!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2009, 10:46:14 AM »

Thats all I've been saying!! There is a huge problem with poor game play !! If people would use a little common sense and realize that this is a game where it's suppose to be fun, and not a war that must be won at all costs it would be a much better game than it already is.

So what your saying then is that you both condone the lame game play listed and find nothing wrong with it?

The very best way I can put is folks try to make rules where there are none. It was one of my first coherent thoughts in Air Warriors.
The list of lame things is endless.
Let me give a short list from what I have read:  Missions are lame, Missions with more than 10 people or lame, Noe Missions are lame, flying perk planes is lame, 2 vs. 1 is lame, 3 vs. 1 is lame, 4 vs. 1 is lame, lone wolfing is lame, flying 30k is lame, bombing missions are lame, Large squads are lame, Once a guy said Small squads are lame ( I kid you not), Capturing a certain base is lame, resupplying a base is lame,Capturing a field period is lame, porking a field is lame, and the list goes on.

Personally I think there are some lame things. However, I have done them all. I am willing to bet most of you have too. I have films of people doing lame things. I have films of myself doing lame stupid things.

Now let me ask you this, if you adhered to all the things deemed lame would it not a some point interfere with the way you enjoy the game?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2009, 11:10:05 AM »
i think we all should just QUIT Aces High, and take up solitaire.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »
i think we all should just QUIT Aces High, and take up solitaire.

NOT

Haven't played for over 2 months and let me tell you Solitaire isn't working.  :rofl :rofl

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2009, 11:19:02 AM »
You're smarter then that m00t...... Don't kid yourself.  All my statement does is point out the fact that we are ALL equal, and your opinion, is not mine.  Yours, Fugitive's, FALCON's, mine.......  All different, never be the same, yet, we all get something out of the game.  Is reaching the widest audience not a good idea?   :salute

Right, out with reason, in with "my 15$".  Who's on a high horse here?  :lol
Loud noises!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »
Oh Oh, let me add one, Saying it's your 15 bucks is lame.  :rofl

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »
You're smarter then that m00t...... Don't kid yourself.  All my statement does is point out the fact that we are ALL equal, and your opinion, is not mine.  Yours, Fugitive's, FALCON's, mine.......  All different, never be the same, yet, we all get something out of the game.  Is reaching the widest audience not a good idea?   :salute

BS, see.. Reason isn't some fudged out relativizer like that.  A black and white premise means definite blacks and whites.  In our case there's definite grey areas, but to fudge it all out to be just "my 15$" is nonsense.  Hell.. You guys make it all out as though someone like me is the one that stands to lose.  I have nothing to lose. I can beat pretty much anyone.. I love the game and get a kick out of pretty much any "type of playing". And on top of that I don't even care about the outcome, I just want some excitement.

So when I argue that gameplay could be better.. It's because I believe it, not because I want some guy trillions of electrons away to do what I tell him to.  I couldn't care less what anyone else does.  I just type here what I think is right, out of the selfish realization that I found something special that definitely could appeal to others, and in spreading that word, everyone could in turn enrich the gameplay.. What goes around comes around.  

I say, gameplay ought to be rich and fair.  You guys say... what... that it ought to be anything (anarchic randomness basically), for the puny excuse that "it's your 15$".   It doesn't take a genius to see that.  Everyone knows everyone's playing their 15$'s worth.  That doesn't tilt the balance any way whatsoever, it merely puts everyone on level ground.  The only thing that'll rise above the rest with any kind of credibility from there is reason.  It's because it's reasonable that I argue it all.. Not because I'm a "vet" or "top stick" or any of that stuff.  Because it's reasonable and is appealing. It's got nothing to do with authority but with common sense. I'm not trying to sell you "my" version of what's attractive about gameplay in AH. I'm trying to convince you that this game has more to offer than a lot of the crap we see.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:33:44 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2009, 11:39:57 AM »
oh well put Moot   :aok

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2009, 11:45:57 AM »
Missions are lame, Missions with more than 10 people or lame, Noe Missions are lame, flying perk planes is lame, 2 vs. 1 is lame, 3 vs. 1 is lame, 4 vs. 1 is lame, lone wolfing is lame, flying 30k is lame, bombing missions are lame, Large squads are lame, Once a guy said Small squads are lame ( I kid you not), Capturing a certain base is lame, resupplying a base is lame,Capturing a field period is lame, porking a field is lame, and the list goes on.

Now let me ask you this, if you adhered to all the things deemed lame would it not a some point interfere with the way you enjoy the game?

What I find humorous is I have been shot down by some of the people in here that are complaining about missions and hords etc. while they were right in the middle of a big misson, hord, with their countrymen. The people that fly in Jokers or Falcons missons all have fun they are fun missons, having fun is what the game is supposed to be all about.  :aok
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2009, 11:55:12 AM »

Let me give a short list from what I have read:  Missions are lame, Missions with more than 10 people or lame, Noe Missions are lame, flying perk planes is lame, 2 vs. 1 is lame, 3 vs. 1 is lame, 4 vs. 1 is lame, lone wolfing is lame, flying 30k is lame, bombing missions are lame, Large squads are lame, Once a guy said Small squads are lame ( I kid you not), Capturing a certain base is lame, resupplying a base is lame,Capturing a field period is lame, porking a field is lame, and the list goes on.

:rofl

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »

What I find humorous is I have been shot down by some of the people in here that are complaining about missions and hords etc. while they were right in the middle of a big misson, hord, with their countrymen. The people that fly in Jokers or Falcons missons all have fun they are fun missons, having fun is what the game is supposed to be all about.  :aok
anecdotic.
The very best way I can put is folks try to make rules where there are none. It was one of my first coherent thoughts in Air Warriors.
The list of lame things is endless.

Personally I think there are some lame things. However, I have done them all. I am willing to bet most of you have too. I have films of people doing lame things. I have films of myself doing lame stupid things.

inaccurate and missing the point
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
I say, gameplay ought to be rich and fair.  .

My last 'contribution' -
I put it to you the game itself isn't fair, and can never be in its current format.

Tell me what is fair when a shiny new newb on his first sortie can get hammered by a 6,7,8 year old AH vet?

Game = Gameplay - Gameplay is largely determined by what is allowed in the game.

Thats why I have always said the the big quest for equal numbers is a fallacy. I would assume you would agree that 20 or so vets could easily take on much, much, much more newbies?

Fugitive - At least we managed to agree on something (your earlier post to me)

Anyway have fun guys, be back in-game in May sometime.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory