Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24938 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #585 on: April 30, 2009, 05:08:59 AM »

Noone is telling you or anyone else how to play. You make that decision. The OP started this thread wanting to debate his position on how flying in hordes is affecting game play. Almost 600 replies later and I gaurantee that we havent even dented a change in 99% of the minds of the people that do fly in hordes. They stick to the theory of "its my money".

I am still pretty new, but what I see pretty common here is that its inevitable that no matter what you say or do, it wont change the minds of these guys that love to fly in #s.
Time will always cure this. Eventually they will get bored flying in those 50 man missions but whats sad is just as they start getting bored, they realize the new guys that flew in their missions are now taking their place.

I could care less about hordes. I have my own option if I want to fight them off or not. Plenty of choices in this game that if I dont like getting ganged at one side of the map, There is plenty of other places I can find fun.

"Noone is telling you or anyone else how to play."

Half the posts in this thread is someone telling someone else how to play the game.

"I could care less about hordes. I have my own option if I want to fight them off or not. Plenty of choices in this game that if I dont like getting ganged at one side of the map, There is plenty of other places I can find fun."

A very true and logical statement.  I think is what a lot of folks fail to see.  They rather try to get you to play the game their way, if you don't, then you contributing to the demise of the game.

Fred 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:10:51 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #586 on: April 30, 2009, 06:40:21 AM »
In other words, it was a hypothetical situation that can and will never actually exist. Exactly what I was saying. It won't ever actually look like that from the other side, because it can't ever happen.

If my style of play has the potential to ruin everybody else's fun, but only under circumstances that can never actually happen, that's not going to make me lose any sleep.

But that's not the point you claimed you were making. You say you're demonstrating that that style of play ruins everyone else's fun. Saying there's no NEED for "hordes" does not show that they ruin everyone else's fun. You fail at logic.

Theres no NEED for 1-1 duels either, but that doesn't mean you're spoiling everybody else's fun if you play that way.

That doesn't obligate everyone else to play the way YOU find the most fun, any more than it obligates you to play the way that anyone else finds more fun.

"Noone is telling you or anyone else how to play."

Half the posts in this thread is someone telling someone else how to play the game.

"I could care less about hordes. I have my own option if I want to fight them off or not. Plenty of choices in this game that if I dont like getting ganged at one side of the map, There is plenty of other places I can find fun."

A very true and logical statement.  I think is what a lot of folks fail to see.  They rather try to get you to play the game their way, if you don't, then you contributing to the demise of the game.

Fred 

It truly amazes me how dense some people are. If your quoting me then your talking about what I'm saying, so again I will say I'M NOT TELLING ANY ONE TO PLAY MY WAY. I am ASKING people to stop the LAME game play.

1Loki, If you had looked at the rest of the posts in the thread you would have come across a number of screen shots SHOWING HORDES IN ACTION, proving that they do happen. Unfortunately they are happening more and more as time goes on. Using my hypothetical situation I was asking a question.... Would you find it fun getting hit by the horde? As it DOES happen, and it will CONTINUE to happen I ask you the same question, "Would that be fun? As a SOLUTION to the horde I suggested using those "vast" resources to do multiple missions. A fighter sweep mission, a porking mission, and an attack/capture mission all at the same time. The horde is STILL working its will on the map, but now has provided 3 separate fights instead of a "horde" that no one can fight so increasing the fun for everyone, friend and foe alike.

bmwgs, If you read what is being said and instead of jumping to the defensive and blinding your self to what is posted you'd see that "most" of us are not telling any one to "play my way". We are pointing out what is happening in the arenas, and are trying to help the community by suggesting ways to continue doing what "you" like to do with out spoiling anyone else fun. 

The game is about the JOURNEY to the end, not the END. In racing to a reset, all you get is another map. In working through all the fights and tactics and strategies you get enjoyment of each battle, win or loose, you still have that thrill. In this thread we are talking about lame game play, game play that works to get you away from those strategies, those thrills. Neither of you guys could say you wouldn't mind being on the receiving end of the horde. Today maybe we only see the "horde" 30% of the time, next week it WILL be more, and the week after more, because the answer will always be, "well they do it to us!", and before you know it it will be the only mission going again.

All we are trying to do here is to nip lame game play in the bud. If a few start looking for less LAME game play now, others might start following that example. Leaders teaching the new generation whats is LAME, and what isn't. Hordes will will be few and far between, and battles, fights and combat will be the norm.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #587 on: April 30, 2009, 06:56:40 AM »
The people who always cry that it's their $15 and they can do whatever they want are always the ones who try to justify their lameness.  Idiots.  Just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean you have to spend it playing like a retard.

:aok

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #588 on: April 30, 2009, 07:16:53 AM »

It truly amazes me how dense some people are. If your quoting me then your talking about what I'm saying, so again I will say I'M NOT TELLING ANY ONE TO PLAY MY WAY. I am ASKING people to stop the LAME game play.

1Loki, If you had looked at the rest of the posts in the thread you would have come across a number of screen shots SHOWING HORDES IN ACTION, proving that they do happen. Unfortunately they are happening more and more as time goes on. Using my hypothetical situation I was asking a question.... Would you find it fun getting hit by the horde? As it DOES happen, and it will CONTINUE to happen I ask you the same question, "Would that be fun? As a SOLUTION to the horde I suggested using those "vast" resources to do multiple missions. A fighter sweep mission, a porking mission, and an attack/capture mission all at the same time. The horde is STILL working its will on the map, but now has provided 3 separate fights instead of a "horde" that no one can fight so increasing the fun for everyone, friend and foe alike.

bmwgs, If you read what is being said and instead of jumping to the defensive and blinding your self to what is posted you'd see that "most" of us are not telling any one to "play my way". We are pointing out what is happening in the arenas, and are trying to help the community by suggesting ways to continue doing what "you" like to do with out spoiling anyone else fun. 

The game is about the JOURNEY to the end, not the END. In racing to a reset, all you get is another map. In working through all the fights and tactics and strategies you get enjoyment of each battle, win or loose, you still have that thrill. In this thread we are talking about lame game play, game play that works to get you away from those strategies, those thrills. Neither of you guys could say you wouldn't mind being on the receiving end of the horde. Today maybe we only see the "horde" 30% of the time, next week it WILL be more, and the week after more, because the answer will always be, "well they do it to us!", and before you know it it will be the only mission going again.

All we are trying to do here is to nip lame game play in the bud. If a few start looking for less LAME game play now, others might start following that example. Leaders teaching the new generation whats is LAME, and what isn't. Hordes will will be few and far between, and battles, fights and combat will be the norm.

Speaking of dense, who are you talking about?  I did not in any way refer to you in my post.  Matter of fact, when I was typing it, your name never came to mind.  So who is on the defensive, not me, but you sure are. 

I am not defending any type of game play.  I just simply make comments to those that do.  At times I share my opinion.  I will play the game until I stop having fun, then I will quit.  When I quit I won't come back and tell everyone how they should play or how it used to be. 

The only individuals that can control this game is HTC.  They will make and enforce the rules and determine how the game should be played.  All can speak about policing our own, but in this day of keyboard warriors and faceless fictional names, there is no way the community can really enforce any one type of game play, no matter what it is.

I am not on one side or the other, so don't try to tell me what I am thinking or what I believe.  I do not agree with some, but I do agree with others.  Wheather you like it or not I am entitled to my opinions.

By the way I was quoting oTRALFZo, so don't jump to conclusions.

Fred
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:21:54 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #589 on: April 30, 2009, 07:35:30 AM »
Speaking of dense, who are you talking about?  I did not in any way refer to you in my post.  Matter of fact, when I was typing it, your name never came to mind.  So who is on the defensive, not me, but you sure are. 

I am not defending any type of game play.  I really in the long run don't care.  I will play the game until I stop having fun, then I will quit.  When I quit I won't come back and tell everyone how they should play or how it used to be. 

The only individuals that can control this game is HTC.  They will make and enforce the rules and determine how the game should be played.  All can speak about policing our own, but in this day of keyboard warriors and faceless fictional names, there is no way the community can really enforce any one type of game play, no matter what it is.

I am not on one side or the other, so don't try to tell me what I am thinking or what I believe.  I do not agree with some, but I do agree with others.  Wheather you like it or not I am entitled to my opinions.

By the way I was quoting oTRALFZo, so don't jump to conclusions.

Fred

For you, the "dense" part was jumping on the "everyones trying to make them play my way" band wagon. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

Saying this community can not change game play is foolish, because it already has, unfortunately for the worst. The more people who come into this game and see lame game play being as the quickest and easiest path to the top... what ever they consider the top, be it acculaids in their squad, name in lights, or top of the scoreboard .... without any consequences the worst game play is going to get.

You say that "you will play the game until you stop having fun, then you'll quit". What if a few guys did nothing but followed you around and bombed you everytime you upped in your GV, what if your "spit" wasn't available due to ENY all the time. You wouldn't be having fun, so you'd quit and not look back? My guess is your not having all that much fun now. Me, I'd rather fight to keep the game play good so the fun would continue, not only for me, but for everyone else. But, like you said, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think the game is worth fighting for, I guess you don't. Good luck with what ever game you move to next. <S>

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #590 on: April 30, 2009, 08:50:43 AM »
The same arguments repeated a couple of posts after they were refuted.  I'm outta this one till that stops happening.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #591 on: April 30, 2009, 12:06:58 PM »
This is turning into Groundhog Day..........

But who is playing the part of Bill Murray?

The same arguments repeated a couple of posts after they were refuted.  I'm outta this one till that stops happening.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #592 on: April 30, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »

I will if you get a hotty to play the part Andie Mcdowell played.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #593 on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
Lot of bloody foreheads in here.

Some blood on the wall, over there, too.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #594 on: April 30, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »

I'll play the insurance salesman. I like stepping in puddles anyways.  :huh

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #595 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol It always does when the thread gets too long and generally becomes another subject entirely. I'm surprised by now that were not talking about butterflies in Holland.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #596 on: April 30, 2009, 01:34:04 PM »
:lol :lol :lol :lol It always does when the thread gets too long and generally becomes another subject entirely. I'm surprised by now that were not talking about butterflies in Holland.

Do they have nice butterflies in Holland?
-AoM-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #597 on: April 30, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »
Very rare butterfly in Holland but can be seen in Austria quite often.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #598 on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:47 PM »
AHHHHHHH, yes, the very rare HummingButterfly........  They have a unique mating ritual, but decorum does not permit us to speak about it here.    :rock

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #599 on: April 30, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I somehow think I'm going to get a rule violation. Uhg!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter