Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25352 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #600 on: April 30, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »
Post 600 ... can't believe it's gone this far.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #601 on: April 30, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
Can you believe it's come to people pretending shutting down hangars on furballs with zero strategic value, just for fun, 10 years into the game, is good gameplay?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #602 on: April 30, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »

Just my $0.02 from a relative newb who's only been playing a month and a few days....

Hoards or not, I could care less. If that's how you wanna roll, that fine with me. In fact, I love the occasional chance to be part of the group of defenders that fights off the hoard, kills the enemy CV and saves the base. Like that defense of A98 this AM, fighting off the bish hoard, going from totally outnumbered and vulched on the runway 6-7 times straight with 12 to 15:1 odds, to 30 minutes later not a dirtbag red con icon to be found. That is satisfaction there. I can take getting shot down repeatedly, I don't mind going down in a rain of falling Spitfire V parts, especially when I kill 2-3 of the bish raiders each time I get up successfully.

What is TRULY the definition of BOVINE EXCRAMENT is the horders who rack up big kill tallies by vulching runways and fighter hangers. WEAKSAUCE. If you are proud of that big number of kills you land by strafing guys trying to get airborne, so be it. More power to ya. Here's a newsflash: You're a dweeb. But although I refrain from what I consider "bad play" (HOing, picking, ganging, etc)unless I receive it first, if you are a low-life hordling runway vulcher I PROMISE YOU I will HO YOU at every opportunity, RAM YOU if I'm damaged and I will shoot your sorry arse as you drift down in your chute, so help me I'm lucky enough.

There. I feel better.  :rofl

And Kazaa, you thoroughly schooled my Spit V ealier in that Spit IX. I got your wingman once, and hit another of you guys a bunch with my BB's a second time, but you got me 3 times. THAT was a good fight.  :aok
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:58:34 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #603 on: April 30, 2009, 02:59:20 PM »

I rarely put myself in danger but I want everyone else to fly straight in a line, in a plane that is easier to kill, and let me kill them... .so all these years I have invested in this game are rewarded by me getting unearned recognition.  Anything done to thwart that is bad...we must stop human nature and fun dictating what guides gameplay and instead impose our will (and greater understanding) upon the unskilled masses.  By insisting we all become equal and forcing people to do so with insults and irritations we will have a stronger community (that will respect us more).

-- Karl Marx420

fixed
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:03:38 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #604 on: April 30, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »
Hit the nail on the head FalconWing

+1  :aok

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #605 on: April 30, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »
fixed

:huh

I see by the time stamp that you were quoting my post, so if that was your intent to respond to me, let me be the first to point out you could not have more completely missed my point. My feelings are the opposite of what you decribe with your "fix." I'm the first to try to up against a hoard, and I'll fly straight into a gaggle of cons just to see how long I can stay alive. The K/D ratio is meaningless to me. My name is rarely ever up in lights, cause I usually fight til either I'm A) out of ammo, or B) DEAD. That's how I plan on getting better. Not strafing guys on the runway.

But, I dunno, maybe you were agreeing with me. I dunno.

If you were, my apologies.

<----- exactly the opposite of the "BBS Bully" type. But I know bad game play, and vulching is the very definition of it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:22:46 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #606 on: April 30, 2009, 03:26:53 PM »
1Loki, If you had looked at the rest of the posts in the thread you would have come across a number of screen shots SHOWING HORDES IN ACTION, proving that they do happen.  

I never said hordes don't happen.

I said hordes don't and can't have the effect you claim they do, and I stand by that.

If there are 300 people in an arena, and 50 of them are all attacking one field, that still leaves 250 other players do do whatever they want at the other 99 fields.

There is no way you can be FORCED to fight against overwhelming odds, because even for the smaller maps the map is too big for any horde to dominate all or even most of it.

And the horde doesn't change the overall odds for your country. If there are 100 nits on there are 100 nits on; if half of them are all in one place on the map, that means there are half as many everywhere else on the map.

For the record, I'd have no interest in flying in 50-plane missions on a regular basis (it is fun once in a blue moon just to see that many planes in the air at once), because you're right, it isn't a challenge. This isn't about me at all. I'm not the one saying my game is being ruined.

And I'm not saying people should fly in 50-plane missions, or that people should enjoy flying in 50-plane missions, or that people should enjoy defending against 50-plane missions, or that there's something wrong with not liking to fly in or against a 50-plane mission.

I'm saying the existence of a 50-plane mission in one place of the map cannot possibly ruin the game of the other 250 players in all the other places on the map. It cannot happen. No matter how big they are they do not have that much reach or influence. And most "hordes" are smaller than that anyway.

This is different from most of the other lame behaviors discussed in this thread, because those aren't by definition confined to one little part of the map at any given time and consequently they aren't as easy to avoid as a horde is. If there are 100 HOing ramming kamikaze dweebs out of 300 people in the arena, then no matter what you do every 3rd plane you encounter is likely to be one. You can't tell who they are or where they are by glancing at the map. You can always see that the horde is a horde before you get too near them, so you always have the option to leave and go somewhere else where they aren't.

:salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #607 on: April 30, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »
Post 600 ... can't believe it's gone this far.

I thought that the Butterflies in Holland would wrap this one up. :)  Apparently not. :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #608 on: April 30, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »
What is TRULY the definition of BOVINE EXCRAMENT is the horders who rack up big kill tallies by vulching runways and fighter hangers. WEAKSAUCE. If you are proud of that big number of kills you land by strafing guys trying to get airborne, so be it. More power to ya. Here's a newsflash: You're a dweeb.

Heh.  I like it.

- oldman (agreed, by the way)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #609 on: April 30, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
:huh

I see by the time stamp that you were quoting my post, so if that was your intent to respond to me, let me be the first to point out you could not have more completely missed my point. My feelings are the opposite of what you decribe with your "fix." I'm the first to try to up against a hoard, and I'll fly straight into a gaggle of cons just to see how long I can stay alive. The K/D ratio is meaningless to me. My name is rarely ever up in lights, cause I usually fight til either I'm A) out of ammo, or B) DEAD. That's how I plan on getting better. Not strafing guys on the runway.

But, I dunno, maybe you were agreeing with me. I dunno.

If you were, my apologies.

<----- exactly the opposite of the "BBS Bully" type. But I know bad game play, and vulching is the very definition of it.

Reaper90

I used your "quote box" because you were the last poster when i hit "quote"...i changed the name etc in an attempt to be funny....i was not responding to you or trying to poke fun at your post at all...I was not trying to insult you or respond directly to your post...I just stole your quote box :t

my apologies if you took this as a swipe at you...it wasn't

my point was that this thread is simply a reincarnation of a thousand threads that I have quit responding to because there is no "aha moment" for either sides of the coin. 

there are folks who are having fun and folks who are not having fun...somehow the latter think this can be solved on the bbs...

I am having fun :salute
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:00:08 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #610 on: April 30, 2009, 04:24:48 PM »
there are folks who are having fun and folks who are not having fun...somehow the latter think this can be solved on the bbs...
inaccurate
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #611 on: April 30, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
I say just remove the mission planner option.
You like taking bases?..join a "base taking squad". and so on. What kills me with these mega squads is their need to post public missions.  Advertising that you need to roll with the #s in order to get anything accomplished is what gives people bad habbits.
 Im still learning how to take up certain rides and Ive learned more in the past 4 months of not flying with the horde than I have learned the previous 2 years of flying with the horde.

This from one of the BIG mission planners in days past,wanting the mission planner gone..

Now that you are tired of people running missions like you used to run,that we used to run together,you think that since you no longer have a need for it,it should all just be gone..

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #612 on: April 30, 2009, 05:22:10 PM »
You guys have said the same thing for 41 pages..... the two camps simply aren't going to come together.

It seems to be an immutable truth, the big squads and hordes will continue to provide players who are easy kills. 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #613 on: April 30, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »
You guys have said the same thing for 41 pages..... the two camps simply aren't going to come together.

It seems to be an immutable truth, the big squads and hordes will continue to provide players who are easy kills. 

OK,heres the problem with people speaking of HUGE HORDES..

This thread is what,25 pages,and yet steve sees 41 pages..these numbers you guys see,I wonder how many of them are blown out of proportion.. :D

But on a more serious note,You know I think that missions that people see may actually be a conglomeration of BISH,NIT,ROOK on one area,and not actually from a mission that was planned..

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #614 on: April 30, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »
It's a personal bbs setting.
It shows 41 pages for me too.
-AoM-