Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24964 times)

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #615 on: April 30, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »
I'll play the insurance salesman. I like stepping in puddles anyways.  :huh

I hate you Ned Ryerson! :mad: :mad: :mad:
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #616 on: April 30, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
HUGE HORDES..
Huge, as in extremely large in size or amount. How about "disproportionate"?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #617 on: April 30, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »

But on a more serious note,You know I think that missions that people see may actually be a conglomeration of BISH,NIT,ROOK on one area,and not actually from a mission that was planned..

Right, that's a horde.      :aok

Like I said though, I don't really mind hordes.  For me it's a challenge to  fly into them, get a kill or two, and try to survive.  *shrug*
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #618 on: April 30, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »
Reaper90

I used your "quote box" because you were the last poster when i hit "quote"...i changed the name etc in an attempt to be funny....i was not responding to you or trying to poke fun at your post at all...I was not trying to insult you or respond directly to your post...I just stole your quote box :t

my apologies if you took this as a swipe at you...it wasn't

my point was that this thread is simply a reincarnation of a thousand threads that I have quit responding to because there is no "aha moment" for either sides of the coin. 

there are folks who are having fun and folks who are not having fun...somehow the latter think this can be solved on the bbs...

I am having fun :salute

'Kay then.  :aok

I'm having fun as well, but I do my fair share of "cussin' and yellin" when I'm repeatedly vulched by a bunch of pansyprettythanges who are apparently afraid of what will happen if I get airborn!!!

I know whining about vulching here on the bbs will never solve it... half the people here don't care, half that do don't agree, and I'd bet only 10% or less that play are even here on the bbs at all.

Just puttin in my $0.02, and it probably isn't even worth that much.  :)
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #619 on: April 30, 2009, 06:49:41 PM »
For you, the "dense" part was jumping on the "everyones trying to make them play my way" band wagon. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

Saying this community can not change game play is foolish, because it already has, unfortunately for the worst. The more people who come into this game and see lame game play being as the quickest and easiest path to the top... what ever they consider the top, be it acculaids in their squad, name in lights, or top of the scoreboard .... without any consequences the worst game play is going to get.

You say that "you will play the game until you stop having fun, then you'll quit". What if a few guys did nothing but followed you around and bombed you everytime you upped in your GV, what if your "spit" wasn't available due to ENY all the time. You wouldn't be having fun, so you'd quit and not look back? My guess is your not having all that much fun now. Me, I'd rather fight to keep the game play good so the fun would continue, not only for me, but for everyone else. But, like you said, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think the game is worth fighting for, I guess you don't. Good luck with what ever game you move to next. <S>

First of all I have never told anyone to play the game a certain way, that is YOU assuming tooooooo much.  Second the community itself can not enforce anything when a player can change their game id daily, but HTC can.  Third there is always a spit available no matter what the ENY is.

I have no idea what you are talking about score wise.  I know you have looked at mine, that is the type of player you are, and there is nothing to show I am a score Hor.  At best I am average at this game and I'll admit it. YOU are the one dictating how the game should be played by making a list of what is lame to YOU, and the hell with everyone that doesn't agree with you.  So don't come to me with some high and  mighty attitude about what I think and how I think the game should be played, because you have NO idea what I am thinking.

You say the community has changed the game for the worse.  I do not agree.  I think this game is as fun as the day I signed on, and like most humans I will play until I stop enjoying the game.  If you don't enjoy the game and want to continue playing, that is your decision, I could care less.

Fred
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:51:37 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #620 on: April 30, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »
Yeah, he is a very boring person to fight.  I do not recall one fight I've had over the years against ROCKY where he didn't run in the middle of it.  Mace is another prime example and to think he's a trainer.  Though, while their flying maybe boring I wouldn't chalk it up to bad game play, more like limp wristed timid flying.

ack-ack

ack-ack, ol' buddy, I'm gonna call you on this one. Do you know Mace? Do you know his background?

Let me enlighten everyone who doesn't.

Mace is a retired Navy fighter jock. He's a graduate of TOPGUN and a graduate of the Navy Test Pilot School. He has in excess of 5,000 hours flying the F-14 Tomcat off of carriers, with God knows how many combat sorties in two wars. I defy anyone to say that any person who has done what this man has accomplished is somehow timid.

Mace is a trainer because he has forgotten more about flying and air combat than almost any member of this community will ever know. Unless of course, you have a F-14A in your hanger and the two million dollars required for the training necessary to get qualified to fly it.

The very best stick in Aces High isn't qualified to chock the wheels of his Tomcat, much less openly suggest he's timid...

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:28:48 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #621 on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »
This from one of the BIG mission planners in days past,wanting the mission planner gone..

Now that you are tired of people running missions like you used to run,that we used to run together,you think that since you no longer have a need for it,it should all just be gone..

Been there, done that... of course. Just like probably everyone in here. I agree, it was fun.
Falcon, you and I have risen in the ranks just about the same time. Dont take this personaly, but the style of game you play, Im amazed that its been this long that you have been entertained. is it the recognition you get when you roll maps as a mission leader?
What I hated most flying with you guys is A) it just got too boring flying NOE to a feild with 30 other guys, most of the time never firing a shot in my 110.
B) When I wasnt in that 30 man mission, I was getting my arse romped by the other guys from the feild you guys just took, and now the 50 green guys are off to some other feild to horde.
C) All that work getting all wound up trying to race for the reset and only to come back the next day with the fields milkrunned.

What people are telling you is not a conspiracy, I am not telling you to play a certain way. All thats asked is that you challenge yourself sometimes rather than looking for the easy road. Take you and your guys and fight for that base instead of being Nancygirl homemaker trying to sneak it.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #622 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32:01 PM »
ack-ack, ol' buddy, I'm gonna call you on this one. Do you know Mace? Do you know his background?

Let me enlighten everyone who doesn't.

Mace is a retired Navy fighter jock. He's a graduate of TOPGUN and a graduate of the Navy Test Pilot School. He has in excess of 5,000 hours flying the F-14 Tomcat off of carriers, with God knows how many combat sorties in two wars. I defy anyone to say that any person who has done what this man has accomplished is somehow timid.

Mace is a trainer because he has forgotten more about flying and air combat than almost any member of this community will ever know. Unless of course, you have a F-14A in your hanger and the two million dollars required for the training necessary to get qualified to fly it.

The very best stick in Aces High isn't qualified to chock the wheels of his Tomcat, much less openly suggest he's timid...

My regards,

Widewing
I think I chased a dude named Mace2004 before...he was scary timid.....maybe that was him and he was just not wanting to own me at the time....maybe he was being timid......

at any rate, I will give Mace a big <S> for his service and respect him for his ability to serve our country as a fighter pilot.   :salute

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #623 on: April 30, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
I am not telling you to play a certain way. All thats asked is that you challenge yourself sometimes rather than looking for the easy road.

:huh

Contradict yourself much?  Or is "asking him to challenge himself" somehow different then trying to dictate how he should play?  I see very little difference.  Maybe Falcon should "challenge" himself by trying to assemble the largest hordes ever seen in AH2...  Would that make you happy?  I didn't think so.  You only want him to "challenge himself" in such a way that you consider to be "good game play".  :rolleyes:  

If you don't see how you are trying to dictate his play style now, you never will.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #624 on: April 30, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »
First of all I have never told anyone to play the game a certain way, that is YOU assuming tooooooo much.  Second the community itself can not enforce anything when a player can change their game id daily, but HTC can.  Third there is always a spit available no matter what the ENY is.

I'm sorry, but that just seems to be the way your coming across.

I have no idea what you are talking about score wise.  I know you have looked at mine, that is the type of player you are, and there is nothing to show I am a score Hor.  At best I am average at this game and I'll admit it. YOU are the one dictating how the game should be played by making a list of what is lame to YOU, and the hell with everyone that doesn't agree with you.  So don't come to me with some high and  mighty attitude about what I think and how I think the game should be played, because you have NO idea what I am thinking.

The only thing I said about score was...

"Saying this community can not change game play is foolish, because it already has, unfortunately for the worst. The more people who come into this game and see lame game play being as the quickest and easiest path to the top... what ever they consider the top, be it acculaids in their squad, name in lights, or top of the scoreboard .... without any consequences the worst game play is going to get."

In this quote, the bold section is in reference to "what people think is the "top". I couldn't care less about score, but I don't mind having a nice one  :D I did check your score tonight and to me it says your a mediocre player. You play many aspects of the game. You haven't improved much over the last few months so from that I figure your OK with your skill level, and your ok with the way that you play. Hey if your happy, more power to ya.  However, if you spend the night being the 4th guy in on a fight, HO at every merge, bomb and bail and many of the other things I put up in my little list, then I'd say your hurting the game, other than that, play the way you want.

You say the community has changed the game for the worse.  I do not agree.  I think this game is as fun as the day I signed on, and like most humans I will play until I stop enjoying the game.  If you don't enjoy the game and want to continue playing, that is your decision, I could care less.

Fred

If you moved into town and for the last year its rained everyday, that would be normal to you, but I remember back when it didn't rain everyday. The lame game play is slowly eroding the backbone of this game. Yes I can still find fights, yes I can still have fun, but I see the cancer that is eating away and someday it will take it over fully.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #625 on: April 30, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

Contradict yourself much?  Or is "asking him to challenge himself" somehow different then trying to dictate how he should play?  I see very little difference.  Maybe Falcon should "challenge" himself by trying to assemble the largest hordes ever seen in AH2...  Would that make you happy?  I didn't think so.  You only want him to "challenge himself" in such a way that you consider to be "good game play".  :rolleyes:  

If you don't see how you are trying to dictate his play style now, you never will.

Im gonna just go bang my head against the wall, its much more productive
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #626 on: April 30, 2009, 10:33:22 PM »
Im gonna just go bang my head against the wall, its much more productive

Thats a NoBrainer. This whole thread has been bad.
Strokes

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #627 on: April 30, 2009, 10:54:23 PM »

You might want to try checking the definition of "dictate". Sheesh.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #628 on: May 01, 2009, 12:22:12 AM »
He just meant you have a funny mustache, really!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #629 on: May 01, 2009, 05:51:04 AM »
Thats a NoBrainer. This whole thread has been bad.

I don't think so. I "hope" that some people may have read this stuff and it has gotten them thinking. Some like you jump on which ever "band wagon" seems popular, but that is expected from someone who still in school and living in those "social arenas".

The last time this (hordes) was such a big hot topic, it cost HTC a bunch of subscriptions and forced him in to a new plan, Split arenas. If the lame game play isn't cleaned up by the community, who knows what might come down next.