Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 25327 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #630 on: May 01, 2009, 07:12:04 AM »
Im gonna just go bang my head against the wall, its much more productive

Please do, thanks.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #631 on: May 01, 2009, 09:25:39 AM »
Hey now, don't dictate!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #632 on: May 01, 2009, 03:12:49 PM »
I think I chased a dude named Mace2004 before...he was scary timid.....maybe that was him and he was just not wanting to own me at the time....maybe he was being timid......

at any rate, I will give Mace a big <S> for his service and respect him for his ability to serve our country as a fighter pilot.   :salute

Not the same guy.

I know Mace mainly from the MW arena ... a good guy and always (at least for me) a good fight ... we have traded spankings on many an occasion.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #633 on: May 01, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »
maybe a different Mace, but Mace325i is probably mad at me now.... I murderized his Spitfire twice this morning.  :D
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #634 on: May 01, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »
... we have traded spankings on many an occasion.

While it's nice to share personal experiences with the community, this one might have been a bit over the top.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #635 on: May 01, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »
While it's nice to share personal experiences with the community, this one might have been a bit over the top.

I'm just glad my kids didn't see this.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #636 on: May 02, 2009, 11:48:10 AM »
Not the same guy.

I know Mace mainly from the MW arena ... a good guy and always (at least for me) a good fight ... we have traded spankings on many an occasion.

Yep, he is the same guy. I don't know what is handle is right now, but it was Mace2004, some times ago. The first time I met him in MA, he was flying a Hog, I was flying a Seafire, going back home. He kept harassing me, booming and zooming and extending to safety every time I reversed on him, until he got me. Then he saluted me on 200 saying that was a good fight... I immediately challenged him to DA, there I discovered he could fight the knife fight very well... and then I discovered why! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #637 on: May 02, 2009, 12:38:41 PM »
A definition of bad game play....

If you need 10 - 110's, 3 - Ki84's, 1 - 109, 1 - 190, and a set of dive bombing B24's to take a base, there is just one more thing you need....

training   :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #638 on: May 02, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #639 on: May 02, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

If you need 10 - 110's, 3 - Ki84's, 1 - 109, 1 - 190, and a set of dive bombing B24's to take a base, there is just one more thing you need....

Frankly, I think you need a bigger gun.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #640 on: May 02, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
Ok these type of flyer will never risk anything.They would rather run away then take a chance on ACM trying to get a fireing solution.The nothing ventured nothing gained effect. Every fight can be a learning experience if you are willing to lay it all on the line and fight to the death.
  Sadly alot are to skeered to be shot down for some reason. I would bet alot of them run to the score page to see if their score is higher than someones and think they are "better" at the game.

so you might say if you play smart and don't stay in the fight to the end no matter what than that's poor game play...?  I'M just thinking that it is fun to land more kills and die less. If the odds change while i am in a 1v1 and in a matter of seconds it's about to become 3 or 4 to 1 and i have a chance to get out ....im out!

best fight in a while for me was leaving a enemy base (because it turned into 5v1) and for 10 klicks
they chased me and all but 1 turned back....i could see it would clearly be 1v1 so the fight was on.
    the end for both of us was low speed turn fight and crashing almost at the same time.<-----not the best part, there was >S< back and forth and positive PMing and no negative garbage.

wish i could remember who it was.......class act for sure :aok

>S< FROGER   <--------stays off 200, i get enough of that crap @ home :salute

frogs are people too

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #641 on: May 02, 2009, 07:27:09 PM »
Yep, he is the same guy. I don't know what is handle is right now, but it was Mace2004, some times ago. The first time I met him in MA, he was flying a Hog, I was flying a Seafire, going back home. He kept harassing me, booming and zooming and extending to safety every time I reversed on him, until he got me. Then he saluted me on 200 saying that was a good fight... I immediately challenged him to DA, there I discovered he could fight the knife fight very well... and then I discovered why! :D

I hope if we learn anything from this particularly sub-thread about Mace, it is the folly of personal disrespecting someone over flying style, particularly someone who simply does not care to fly *every* sortie like a rabid berserker bent on self-destruction.

Furthermore, for Pete's sake let us not accord a heap of respect to someone just because they can fly a cartoon airplane well, or vis versa. If I can fly better than someone else, it is principally because I have spent more of my valuable lifespan practicing for this game than they have, not something I exactly feel I should crow about.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #642 on: May 02, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »
Furthermore, for Pete's sake let us not accord a heap of respect to someone just because they can fly a cartoon airplane well, or vis versa. If I can fly better than someone else, it is principally because I have spent more of my valuable lifespan practicing for this game than they have, not something I exactly feel I should crow about.

Ah, and wisdom shows its face.

+1

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #643 on: May 02, 2009, 07:57:51 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes indeed, it is terrible to see that not one fighter has rolled to kill all those 110s. What a huge waste of targets.

Why are so many people campaigning for less targets?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #644 on: May 02, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

Yes indeed, it is terrible to see that not one fighter has rolled to kill all those 110s. What a huge waste of targets.

Why are so many people campaigning for less targets?

Because by the time they are usually detected, it is not fun to be the one guy getting vulched/ho'ed/vulchho'ed by 12 110s and N1Ks.

If they would make the DAR bar go all the way to the ground and forgo making bombing and gunning in buffs easy-mode, complaints about NOE and tool-shedding would cease an unceasing melee where air superiority was job #1 for moving the map would ensue.

Until then, alot of times the furball lake which everyone likes to run down will be more fun than the MA. At least almost everyone there in in a fighter trying to kill YOU, not undefended hangars and buildings.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:17:58 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."