Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 24905 times)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #885 on: May 12, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »
Blah blah blah, you suck.

So does your vocabulary, whats your point?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:11:54 AM by DREDger »

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #886 on: May 12, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »
Griz described it perfectly.

The NOE mission people COUNT on the above because, as it has been proven over and over and over and over, if the base gets defended, they probably won't capture it.  That is why to also go out of their way to pick fields that are away from the action and have a higher probability of getting snuck.

What game are YOU playing?

What is even more pathetic is when they send 2-3 bomber fomations ahead of time and kill the hangers right before the NOE mission arrives.    It is bad enough they are in a hoard attacking a field with little to no defenders, but they kill all the hangers because they are afraid it WILL get defended and they know if that happens, they are going to probably fail.

Missions like that tell me one of two things.

1) the mission planner is afraid of how good the enemy is so they go to great lengths to remove them from the picture.

2) the mission planner is afraid of how bad the friendlies are in the mission so they go to great lengths to remove any bad guys from the picture.

It's not "tactics" it's "fear".

You this is funny not only are you incorrect in how we do things you have no clue of our operations, last night we did a 15k mission into A10 full dar bar plenty of warning and took the base with ease, they defended and also brought in fighters from two adjacent bases and we still took the base and may I add with no bombers, I'll you tell what if your on line and in the same arena I will let you know by PM the next mission we are doing, we have no fear of you or anybody, we don't care about our scores so we can be killed without FEAR slick.
Don't believe me TUFF nothing I can do about that.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #887 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »
So does your mother, whats your point?

well..that stepped across the line...........hopefully Skuzzy can lock this thread now........

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #888 on: May 12, 2009, 09:19:13 AM »

You this is funny not only are you incorrect in how we do things you have no clue of our operations, last night we did a 15k mission into A10 full dar bar plenty of warning and took the base with ease, they defended and also brought in fighters from two adjacent bases and we still took the base and may I add with no bombers, I'll you tell what if your on line and in the same arena I will let you know by PM the next mission we are doing, we have no fear of you or anybody, we don't care about our scores so we can be killed without FEAR slick.
Don't believe me TUFF nothing I can do about that.

So that is one straight up base capture vs. how many undefended NOE?  Don't get me wrong, I applaud you and yours for running a mission like that.  It is a step in the right direction.

What was the friendly vs. nme ratio?  How much did ya' out number 'em by?

It is great that you found success and I hope that you will conitune with those types of missions in the future.

(edit: Google "Run on Sentence" for me would ya')
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #889 on: May 12, 2009, 10:37:07 AM »
Griz described it perfectly.

The only way to defend against a NOE raid is to have people either sitting in the tower available or players willing to just auger and go help break it up.  I personally will pretty much never auger to defend vs. a mission.  (I might ditch though)  I also don't think many players will just nose it into the ground to up and defend vs. the NOE mission.  Not many players are willing to just sit in the tower and wait for a NOE mission to smash.  (I know I would get bored after 5min)

The NOE mission people COUNT on the above because, as it has been proven over and over and over and over, if the base gets defended, they probably won't capture it.  That is why to also go out of their way to pick fields that are away from the action and have a higher probability of getting snuck.

What game are YOU playing?

What is even more pathetic is when they send 2-3 bomber fomations ahead of time and kill the hangers right before the NOE mission arrives.    It is bad enough they are in a hoard attacking a field with little to no defenders, but they kill all the hangers because they are afraid it WILL get defended and they know if that happens, they are going to probably fail.

Missions like that tell me one of two things.

1) the mission planner is afraid of how good the enemy is so they go to great lengths to remove them from the picture.

2) the mission planner is afraid of how bad the friendlies are in the mission so they go to great lengths to remove any bad guys from the picture.

It's not "tactics" it's "fear".

You're kidding me right?

Talk about being brainwashed.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #890 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »

You're kidding me right?

The inability to accept the validity and accuracy of the statement in question does not constitute the presence any sort of "brainwashing" affliction suffered by the speaker.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #891 on: May 12, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »

You're kidding me right?

:lol
You've already demonstrated a complete ignorance in other threads for the combat aspect of this game and will argue against advocates of it regardless of the argument or the large quantities of logic contained.  You've 'picked your side' and even if you have no counter argument (like this one in particular) you will just respond with 'no, no, you are wrong'.  Pathetic.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #892 on: May 12, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
:lol
You've already demonstrated a complete ignorance in other threads for the combat aspect of this game and will argue against advocates of it regardless of the argument or the large quantities of logic contained.  You've 'picked your side' and even if you have no counter argument (like this one in particular) you will just respond with 'no, no, you are wrong'.  Pathetic.

I haven't picked a side.

Their can be no "counter" argument to people that refuse to beleive that there are aspects of the game that other people like.

I like all aspects of the game. A great fight though rare is one of the best.

Though most potential good fights are ruined by guys looking for a kill, not a fight. ( system: major ace has landed 6 kills in a tempest)

Guys that fly like that are more of a problem in the game than Noe missions are.

Detecting and upping against an Noe mission is another great thrill for me and others.

Though you can't catch them all, when you do its alot of fun, win or lose.

The way the same ol guys keep talking on these BBs, you would think that Noe is the only culprit in avoiding precious air combat.

If someone is picked, or someone else "egresses" etc. etc. etc. it is called "flying smart"  and thats fine with me.

They have acheived their objective.

The same can be said for Noe missions.

To me, its not that big of a problem in the game.

If I see an Noe happening that I can't get to, and its successful in taking a base, I really couldn't care less, I will continue what I was doing and move on.

I can't convince you that its not that big a deal, and you can't convince me that it is, no matter how many times you keep repeating yourselves over and over and over again.

Just because you keep beating people over the head with the same old thing doesn't make it true. Tower generals? Please.

You're entitled to your opinion on the subject and so is everyone else.

I'm just not gonna force my opinion on you over and over and over again, hoping you'll finally see it my way.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #893 on: May 12, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »
This is done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com