Author Topic: ***NEW MISSION*** OPERATION THUNDER  (Read 6080 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: ***NEW MISSION*** OPERATION THUNDER
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
Ranger it says broken link when i click on your link.

I was replying to this post.  As for the mission link, I'm sure Danny will fix it when he sees these recent posts.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 08:04:13 AM »
yes i will update this mission as soon as i can get to it,still busy working on my terrain atm so it may be a while.
i dont wont to be working on more than 1 project at a time,but will get to it as soon as possible :salute

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
Can I have the .wma of the songs. They are cool. I love that music. Also, I just need a copy of the .res. Not the mission done different.
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline dhart

• Copper Member
      • 357th Yoxford Boys
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 02:19:22 AM »
It says to put the thunder folder with the .wav files in your missres folder.............there is no thunder folder in the zip file. The only thunder anything is the op.thunder.mis that goes in the mission folder.  :headscratch:
Pigs On The Wing- 2nd Wing

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
I was playing this game on vesion 2.17 patch3 i put all the files where they needed to go but the mission did not show up in the offline practice misson can some one assist me please  :headscratch:

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »
 :(   :noid

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
You put the mission's .res file in your missres folder?  Double check.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »
yes i did but its still not showing up   :uhoh

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 06:11:13 AM »
This sounds like exactly the same thing that is happening to me (but I with my Solomon and Hollandia missions; I haven't yet tried this one).

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
The solomon mission is nice on the current version without warp points  :) its also funny watchin the bombers split s
into a dogfigt, you dont see that everyday  :lol
But anyways, I really liked this mission (even though i havent played it)
Hope we can get it fixed  :pray

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
Sonic1234:

Please clarify for me. I can't get my Solomons mission to play for me under the current version of Aces High (2.20 Patch 3). The mission never even shows up as available. Are you saying that it works for you with V2.20P3? Or are you referring to an older version of aces High?

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »
Yes, the Solomon mission works on the ,most current version of Aces High (ver.2.20 p3) just put the .res in the missres and the .mis in the misstemp file the terrain is solomonc put it in the terrain folder :)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
Thanks Sonic.

It's working now. I don't know why it didn't work before. I couldn't get the mission to show up at all. Today, after downloading the .res file again, it just showed up. I can't think of anything I did differently.  :rolleyes:

To clarify: You need only download the .res file. No need to download any ".mis" file, as that one seems to be built automagically the first time you run the mission. You can get the required .mis file here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/SolomonMelee/Ah2MissionSolomonMeleeFullPage.htm

I just stored that "solomonmelee01a.res" file in my "missres" folder. At that point, there was NOTHING in my "misstemp" folder, but the mission showed up as one of my "offline missions" choices. I was able to fly the mission. After that, I saw that a file named "solomonmelee01a.mis" had been created in my "misstemp" folder.

Further important items:

1: You will need the "solomonC" terrain, which you can obtain here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Terrains/Ah2SolomonIslandsTerrain.htm

2: The computer-generated planes aren't very smart. They crash into the ground a lot. They were much, Much, MUCH better in Aces High 2 Version 2.13.1.  That old version continues to be the best one for flying offline missions (and it properly supported warp segments too).

3: When you first start out in a P38, you'll be parked very close to a cluster of new trees that were never present in earlier AH versions. If you try to just taxi forward, you'll hit them, even if you try to turn away from them very hard. The only way I could turn hard enough to avoid a tree collision was to shut off one engine and goose the other, allowing my P38 to almost spin in place.

Regards,

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:08:30 AM by bbosen »

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »
2: The computer-generated planes aren't very smart. They crash into the ground a lot.

Ya I was wondering the same thing. They will fly defensive right into the ground or mountain what ever you can find. Most missions are like this. I tried a Ruins Rumble flying the P 51's vs the 109's. With out firing one shot I was able to scratch 2 flights.

3: When you first start out in a P38, you'll be parked very close to a cluster of new trees that were never present in earlier AH versions. If you try to just taxi forward, you'll hit them, even if you try to turn away from them very hard. The only way I could turn hard enough to avoid a tree collision was to shut off one engine and goose the other, allowing my P38 to almost spin in place.

I also had this problem LOL. The first time I just cut hard left and put on the left brake, with out cutting power to the left engine. I was able to make the turn with out hitting my wings. However, my elevator did not do so well. I did hear something tare off when I made the turn. I looked back from the outside view and all looked okay. When I hit 100 knots and pulled back things started to go very wrong. At first I just thought, she is just a bit heavy from the load out. Lets give it one notch of flaps. By the time the flaps started to come down I was at about 120 knots. As they got to the first position the plane did a complete loop, then landed on its tail. I only wish I could replicate this in a dogfight some how :devil

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »
NICE!  :rock I can imagine that were you killed? :lol or did u have to abort the mission?
oh and by the way bbosen your right  I personally choose to fly the F6F :airplane: (I love that plane but its so big and heavy  :frown: )  so i dont have that problem except when i fly the P-38. Very nice mission by the way  :salute