Author Topic: <S> Larry  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
<S> Larry
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »
I Hate your Guts.

But You Earn a salute.

You have beat me in every German piece of crap I know how to fly, But you did it in a der Gabelschwanzteufel and that Surprises me.

your Reversals, Climbs, Scissors and yes even your wave as we flew past was great.

Although I haven't flown in a week I know what to expect.

I wish I had film on. If you did please PM it to me.

you are welcome for the free kills.
                                                                                                   <S>
P.S. When I was in my TA-152 i thought about HOing you. But since MA tactics are forbidden in the AvA and I didn't want to get Wined upon....I Refrained from doing such.

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> Larry
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
Larry is always an excellent fight. Flying in the AvA is a great way to get better IMO
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:36:56 AM »
P.S. When I was in my TA-152 i thought about HOing you. But since MA tactics are forbidden in the AvA and I didn't want to get Wined upon....I Refrained from doing such.

And so you have overcome a big hurdle on your way to becoming a great pilot.  Good for you, and glad to hear that the "hey it doesn't exist" AvA code was a part of the process.

I flew against Larry and Cactus right after you left, and had some of the best fights of the past few months.  I lost them all, of course, but they were really great fights (hey, trust me!).  109G6 v. P39J is a great match.

- oldman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:09:41 AM »
You have beat me in every German piece of crap I know how to fly, But you did it in a der Gabelschwanzteufel and that Surprises me.
'Der' is the masculine form of 'the' in the German language. You don't need to use an article before it if you use 'der'. 'A the fork-tailed devil' doesn't make any sense ;)
Sorry, I've seen you do that a couple times before and it was starting to peeve me :lol

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »
 :lol
Think we luft weenies get a bit peeved at times, right bubi.   :lol

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:08 AM »
'Der' is the masculine form of 'the' in the German language. You don't need to use an article before it if you use 'der'. 'A the fork-tailed devil' doesn't make any sense ;)
Sorry, I've seen you do that a couple times before and it was starting to peeve me :lol

im pretty sure he's refering to the 110 and it makes perfect sense! especially to us germans!  :)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »
Using a definite article along with an indefinite article to describe a noun doesn't make any sense. And Gabelschwanzteufel translates to twin-tailed devil, and the 110 has only one tail. ;)
It doesn't matter though :)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
not to start a pissing match but the actual translation is the "fork-tailed devil" and i stand corrected, its in reference to the P38 lightning, not the bf110.  :D

Quote from a website:

Not only a potent fighter this airframe excelled at ground attack and it also flew as a night fighter.  With a maximum speed of 414 mph and a weapons suit that included one 20mm cannon, and 4 .50 caliber machine guns,  This airplane commanded respect. In the Mediterranean the Luftwaffe pilots called the plane "Der gabelschwanzteufel" or the fork tailed devil.

'Der' is the masculine form of 'the' in the German language.

It is assumed that the devil is a male   :t
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:31:58 PM by captain1ma »

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 10:11:31 PM »
big <S> to Larry, not only is he dangerous in german iron . he just  handed me my rear flying a SBD.  Great fight, my zero just didnt have the boom to put him away :salute
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 03:29:16 AM »
 :lol  I was just kidding him about flying in his A20 fighter.  I stand corrected SBD fighter....... s..weeeeet! :O