Author Topic: Frame 2 logs?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
Re: Frame 2 logs?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
This is what happens when men with the souls of 9-year-old boys are desperately looking for the logs at 2am. ;)
:rofl :rofl :rofl

I was the 9 year old trying to upload those logs @ 2AM
"They" are working on it to make it better.

4XTCH

~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »
Manual, low-cost fix: just ssh to the box hosting AH Events (Bluehost lets you do that, right?) and run "apachectl  stop" before you upload the log.  ;)

So how many people would you share your SSH password with for an account?  I don't know about you, but when my name is on a hosting account I don't share since I'm 100% liable for the access to that account and any damage it may cause.  Besides, it's a bit drastic to kill the entire web server to load logs.  Oh, btw the logs are loaded via web page calls so killing the web server would cause the logs to take even longer to load.

PS:  the fix should be in place to prevent all these people with the souls of 9-year-olds from screwing up the CM's night.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 08:52:18 PM »
So how many people would you share your SSH password with for an account?  I don't know about you, but when my name is on a hosting account I don't share since I'm 100% liable for the access to that account and any damage it may cause.  Besides, it's a bit drastic to kill the entire web server to load logs.  Oh, btw the logs are loaded via web page calls so killing the web server would cause the logs to take even longer to load.

PS:  the fix should be in place to prevent all these people with the souls of 9-year-olds from screwing up the CM's night.

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Every place I've worked on big web sites (NBC, Oracle, Pitney-Bowes, Avon), when it's time to update the content, the server goes *down*.  >shrug<

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »
I currently work for a GE/NBC location and I can tell you we do not bring the website down to make content updates.  We may disable certain application functions, etc., but we do not take the entire website down to load new content.