Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64882 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #630 on: December 15, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
thats just freaking awesome new, thanks for sharing this made my whole month. :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #631 on: December 15, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
Good to hear  :salute

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #632 on: December 15, 2011, 10:13:19 PM »
SlapShot, thank you so much for sharing this. I heard about this great news from Ack Ack, and it absolutely made my day. It's the best news I've heard in a really long time.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #633 on: December 15, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
That is outstanding that he is doing well, will still pray for him. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #634 on: December 15, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
WTFG Morph!!!

great news  :D

Better start polishing up a few :)

I also am willing to chip in to get a system up and running when he is ready to take the plunge.

awesome news....

cheers!

RTR
The Damned

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #635 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »
Made my day! Outstanding news!  :salute

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #636 on: December 15, 2011, 11:14:20 PM »
Great news!  Continued best wishes and prayers for Morph in his recovery.   :salute

It's been a long road, and it'll be great to see him back.   :aok
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #637 on: December 15, 2011, 11:19:23 PM »
Can't say I remember this person but, its good that he's doing good, I hope he gets better and stuff works out for him!

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #638 on: December 16, 2011, 12:28:39 AM »
Awesome to hear, and thanks to Slap and Ack-Ack for spreading the word.  Keep up the good work Morph, keep the good news coming. :)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #639 on: December 16, 2011, 03:02:55 AM »
glad i checked the bbs. good to hear. wtg morph
-AoM-

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #640 on: December 16, 2011, 07:48:53 AM »
Way to keep hanging in there Morph. I've heard you've had some really rough times and I'm glad things are finally getting better for you. Keep working at recovery!
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »
Just noticed this. That's some great news  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #642 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:31 AM »
Thank you very much for the update. I didn't really know Morph beyond the BBS and some good natured ribbing in the mains years ago... I'm SO glad to hear he's making progress. Let us know if he still loves his wings. haha
Phenominal news!!!!!!    :aok

:salute
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #643 on: December 16, 2011, 10:57:10 AM »
Thanks for the news guys!  :banana:
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #644 on: December 16, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »
It has been close to 18 months since we last saw Jeff. Last we saw him, he was in a wheelchair. The last time we tried to visit him, they had moved him to a "lockdown" unit for what they called "boot camp". Due to his frustration, at that point in his rehab, Jeff had anger issues and would get violent at times ... at the drop of a hat. Boot camp was to be a period of 6 weeks with no visitors ... not even family ... that hopefully would address the anger issues ... well, it took a little longer than that.

It was during the boot camp period we lost touch with Jeff. We had heard that Jeff always had a hard time after a visitation. He didn't like the fact that people were leaving and he wasn't. So between him going to a lock down unit (his parents never told us he was going to this unit) and thinking that our visits were causing some of his anger issues, and not hearing anything from his parents and thinking that they may might not want us around, we thought that he must have gone thru boot camp, was released, and moved to Maine where his parents had said that they were going to move once they sold their gun store.

When we were visiting Jeff ... Mars01, BadBoy58, and myself would go out for buffalo wings after our visit. Well, we continued getting together around once a month and would going out for wings anyways.

Mars01 got married this summer and we hadn't gone out in quite awhile, so I texted both of them last Friday telling them that we needed a "wing fix" and we agreed to meet this Wednesday. On Sunday, I get a text from Mars01 saying that he just got a call from Jeff's mom and Jeff has been asking for us and she was wondering if we would like to see him.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll yeah we would.

His mom made a phone call, got our names on the visitor list (he is still in that lock down unit) and told the rehab place that we would be there Wednesday night.

We get into his unit and the aid brings us to an activities room with a large table and some chairs. She asks us to take a seat and she will bring Jeff into us. Well, the 3 of us damn near crapped out pants to see Jeff come WALKING in on this own power and steady as can be and with a HUGE smile on his face. His speech is very low in volume and hard to understand at times, but we sat there and talked, broke each others balls, and laughed for over an hour before they told us we had to go.

Part of our conversation was focused on Aces High and some of the people he had lots of fun with ... all the Blue Knights, XtremeJ, Betty, and a handful of others. I told him about all the new planes and vehicles and he was really excited. The reason that he was excited is, according to his mom, Jeff has been doing so well, he could be released soon and Jeff is looking forward to getting behind the stick again.

His did ask if anyone had claimed "Morpheus" and we said no way ... it's still waiting for you. I told him that I didn't think that Skuzzy would let that handle go so easily ... I hope I am not lying  :D

When Jeff does get released, his mom said that he will be looking to move into a "group" home and we can only hope that it will be nearby ... I asked him if he was going to move to Maine where his parents are at ... He looked at me with this quizzical look and said ... Are you F(*&(*& kidding me ? He wants to stay in Connecticut.

We are now going to see if we can get our names on the list of people who can take him out for an "excursion". If it happens, we will be taking him out for some wings which he loved to eat before all this crap happened. Not sure when the last time he had a decent buffalo wing, but hopefully he will be licking his fingers soon.

AWESOME NEWS SLAPPY!!! Thank you soooooooo much for the update, please tell Morphy that I said hi and send my love to him. I am so glad to hear that he is gettin better and glad that yall were able to go see him. I would love to see morphy back in the game...he was so much fun to fly with and against. Morphy is very lucky to have such great squadies like you guys! <<S>> 
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!