Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64352 times)

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2009, 08:48:37 PM »
" See Rule 10 "    :angel:

Sorry........any new news ?

Sorry Skuzzy was just wondering
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »
Still crossing fingers.   

:pray
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »
geez   :(   hope he'll recover. 
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2009, 06:15:21 PM »
It's been a few weeks since some folks said they were going to check in on Morph.  Does anyone have some news to pass on?
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
It's been a few weeks since some folks said they were going to check in on Morph.  Does anyone have some news to pass on?

We've still had the candle lit here...some updates would be awesome  :pray

ROX

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2009, 08:30:57 PM »
Sorry this took so long ...

I just spoke with Jeff's Dad. Jeff is out of intensive care and has been transferred to a special Rehab Hospital in New Britain, CT.

He is awake and somewhat aware but in what they call an "agitated state" ... it's like he is in a jungle or a dark room and is constantly looking for the way out. It is hard for him to concentrate on anything for even a short period. The last 2 weeks that he was in the regular medical hospital, he was in this agitated state, but due to the level of care that they can provide, they were needing to sedate him and cuff him to the bed so that he would not rip out all the tubes that were attached to him. When the Rehab hospital found out, they insisted that he be transferred right away. In order for him to get better, he has to be awake, agitated or not. He can't be healed if he is constantly "under". The rehab hospital has the staff and level of care needed for this type of rehab.

This agitated state, as his father describes, is exhausting physically and mentally for Jeff, yet he won't sleep. Because of this, they do have to sedate him during the day so that he will get some sleep ... the brain also does a good amount of healing during sleep periods. Jeff is also taking other meds to help him concentrate (ritalin) and some other drugs to try and bring him to a calmer state.

His Dad said that he is what they call ... in "level 4" ... where the top level is 10, so he has a ways to go and it isn't going to happen overnight.

Physically, the doctors said that if his brain could tell him to walk, he could walk immediately, he is still in great physical shape and his Dad said that looking at him, you would never know that he was in such a terrible accident.

He is recognizing his parents, siblings and other family members. He is able to have visitors and the doctors are even encouraging friends to visit ... any friendly familiar faces that can bring "good" memories are encouraged and may help drag him back to us quicker.

Myself, Mars, and Badboy are planning on visiting him tomorrow night ... I will post again after the visit.

The letters that I received on behalf of Jeff ... I will deliver tomorrow ... I told his Dad that I would be bringing them to the hospital and will leave them there for them to read and respond to ... and for Jeff to read later on when he gets to that point.

Many thanks to the letter writers ...

HiTech Creations
Kevin Collins
R. Stanley
J. Muscolino
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »

Thank you for the update.

Make sure y'all pass on to Morph and his loved ones that Jeff is in the thoughts and prayers of the AcesHigh community and all here wish him a safe and speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:39:30 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »
Thanks for the update Slapshot.  Wish him all the best from myself and the rest of the cartoon 38 dweebs.  Let him know we'll be happy to auger cartoon 38s with him, but this real life stuff needs to stop.

He'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21:02 PM »
Thanks for the update. Was thinking about him this past week and was wondering and hoping.
I'll bet he'll be back to normal before you know it.  :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
It doesn't matter if the road to recovery takes some time as long as it's a full recovery.

Still wishing him the best and  :pray

Ren

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2009, 09:52:15 PM »
Oh my god I can't believe I missed this thread. I was wondering why I haven't seen him in a while.

Good to hear he is out of the coma and awake and aware. With things like that it really is a waiting game before they really return to normal. I hope everything goes well for him and for all you pilots out there, if you see Morpheus in the sky don't think that some silly little accident will make him an easy kill, hes very much a tough cookie in and out the virtual skies.

My prayers with him and his family  :salute

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:17 PM »
As long as it takes!!!  Get Strong! 

:salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2009, 11:14:58 PM »
ty for the update slap...its good to hear that he is progressing. let his family know that we all are thinking about him and sending prayers for them all  :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2009, 12:43:51 AM »
Thanks for the update Slap

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »
good news, thanks slap.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.