Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64699 times)

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #285 on: June 11, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »
Still sending 'em,  :pray
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:12 PM »
<<S>> morpheus all my prayers are with bud get well soon :salute
G3-MF

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #287 on: June 11, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
Thanks Slapshot.

:salute
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #288 on: June 11, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »
ty for the update slap...i cried while reading this cuz i couldnt imagine anyone going through what morphy has went through. even though this is a game, you meet people and make friends, i have concidered morphy a friend for a while now..along with morphy, stang, jaxxo, and hub was the first BK's i had met in game. i have high respect for them all and its hard to hear that a friend is going through this. thanks again for the update and jeff will always be in my thoughts and prayers.  :salute

For as much as we yell and scream and get mad with each other ingame, its absolutely amazing to see how much we are really a community, a family outside of the game.  I don't know Morpheus, but even I got emotional after reading Slap's update.  A huge  :salute to Mars, BadBoy, and SlapShot for what you have done and will continue to do for him through his rehab.  Tell Morpheus that the entire AH community wishes him the best and  :pray .
"Hello, Newman."

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2009, 11:34:54 PM »
<S> Morpheus I hope you get better sir. Prayers go out to him and his family.  :pray
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: June 11, 2009, 11:47:36 PM »
I knew the name but never the person, but I gotta say, it is gonna be great to see him back in game, even on the boards for that matter. 

I have known people who have come back from this kind of thing and it is like they are in resurrection when you see them again.  One of the more rare spices of life.  I am looking forward to seeing him back and enjoying just knowing he made it. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:47 PM »
My thoughts and Prayers to Morpheus and his family.    :pray

Thank you for the update Slapshot.
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »
Thanks for the update, I got a little choked up about how he was and what hes been through, I can only imagine how he feels now.

Hes certainly a lucky guy for not wearing a helmet and still living, so I guess its safe to say that a lot of his air-to-air victories were luck  :aok

Just bustin' your balls Morph.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »
Thanks for the update Slapshot.  Breaks my heart to read it, but I'm hopeful for his future. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »
thanks for the update SlapShot.. makes me appreciate every day even more realizing that i do not have any real issues and pray it stays that way.
please give him my best next time you see him.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
Thanks for the update Slap--

and even more for what you guys are doing. Seeing people you know suffer in chronic illness is so terribly uncomfortable that victims end up battling isolation and loneliness as much as anything. The contact and conversation you're giving him will not only help neurologically, but its an incredibly valuable gift for Morph emotionally.

<S> to you, and prayers for Morpheus....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2009, 09:17:49 AM »
First and foremost continued hope and prayers for a full recovery for Morpheus.  :pray  Second, a big salute to Slapshot, Mars01, & BadBoy58 for showing why this community is a bit more than just a game.  :salute
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
Good update Slap, sums it up perfectly.  It was really hard seeing Jeff like that.  Anyone who has met Jeff, would remember him as a stocky guy with almost no fat, so after a loss of 50lbs muscle he looks very gaunt.  As Slap said he is very frustrated and understandably impatient with his inability to talk and get up.  One of the funnier/harder moments was watching Jeff trying to get out of bed, like we were there to get him out of there...  It was funny, in a typical Jeff way that he would be trying to get the hell out of there, and hard to see how very, very frustrated and understandably scared he is.  It's like his mind wants to do so much more than his body and mind can. 

Like slap said, we plan on going up there at least once a week for as long as it takes to get him through this.  I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of prayers and support.  It truly is impressive and special.   :salute

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:35:41 AM by mars01 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »
Thanks for the update guys. Keep doing what your doing! I'm sure it is a huge help and will most definitely speed Jeff's recovery. 

A BIG <S> to you guys!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
still wishing him well down here, sure hope he makes a full recovery. :pray

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"