Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64841 times)

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »
So sorry to hear about Jeff's accident.  As a fellow motorcyclist I hate to hear about another rider down.

20 years ago my Father-In-Law suffered a TBI.  While his accident was no where near as bad as Jeffs...the result was very similar.  My Father-In-Law fell off a boat dock onto a cement pad, struck his head against the cement before entering the water.  Friends were there to pull him out but he had already gone into a siezure.  

His injury leaves him with the same problems Jeff is experiencing.   He can't concentrate on something for too long, his balance and co-ordiantion are not as good as they were and he struggles sometimes when talking to others.   If he exerts himself physically, he can go into siezures.

The first few months/years were the hardest for him to adjust to.  His doctor had him on multiple medications until they found a dosage that would work.    The recovery is a slow process that you just cant rush.   This was very hard for my Father-In-Law since he is a bit impatient.

Now he leads a productive life, albiet with limitations.   He can still drive, go on walks with his wife, talk and converse with family and friends.  If you just met him, you would never know he was injured.  However,  he has learned his limitations.   He knows if he stays up to late, tries focusing on something too hard or exerts himself too much, it will cause him to go into a siezsure and that may take a day to recover from.

I wish Jeff the best...although I have never met him it sounds like he and my Father-In-Law share the same "zest" for living.   He just needs to be patient (easier said than done) and work with his doctors.  

Good luck Jeff!  God Speed!

Softail

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
S! Softail. Brave of you to share your pain with us.

Morph is going to make a 99.9% recovery, if not 100.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2009, 02:20:33 PM »
still wishing him well down here, sure hope he makes a full recovery. :pray

I always thought you were the ... :devil
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
talking of devils I know some dark magic that will help Jeff. If you believe in it then it will work. If you dont, thats fine, dont bother. If many of you join me, our suffering will be minimised and Jeff's recovery aided. You might think I'm crazy, I dont care. If you truly want to make a small sacrifice to aid Jeff repeat this sentance either out loud, in your head, or in text here. Or all three.

I wish upon myself a small discomfort in the coming weeks. Undeserved as yet, I desire to make some sacrifice in the future to relieve and repair some of Jeff's troubles. I understand what I ask.

It's up to you. Do not if you are not prepared to go through with your payment.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »
Slappy.......

May I assume that since you are going to make return visits that you are willing to take a card/letter to Jeff?  If so, I send it to the addy you previously posted?

Thx....David

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
!!S!! good luck bro  :pray
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2009, 08:11:20 PM »
Wow.... to have such great friends...... from a game. I have to admit slap, the story of yalls visit pretty much brought tears to my 50 year old eyes. Morph is still in my families prayers daily.... and I might add that you, Slapshot, Mars01, and BadBoy58 are also in our prayers now. Thanks for being type folks we would all like to think we are.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:19:47 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »
 :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »
Slappy.......

May I assume that since you are going to make return visits that you are willing to take a card/letter to Jeff?  If so, I send it to the addy you previously posted?

Thx....David

Absolutely Dave ... send it on in ... I will get it there.'

Good to hear from you again ... it's been a long time.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2009, 12:54:09 PM »
 :pray
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2009, 12:57:08 AM »
Absolutely Dave ... send it on in ... I will get it there.'

Good to hear from you again ... it's been a long time.

Kewl..... will be outbound Monday.

Yeah feels like forever.  Its been at least a couple years, maybe more. 

FWIW I think what you (and others) are doing with regards to Jeff is very rare and shows your truly great character.

Dave

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2009, 01:03:39 AM »
Kewl..... will be outbound Monday.

Yeah feels like forever.  Its been at least a couple years, maybe more. 

FWIW I think what you (and others) are doing with regards to Jeff is very rare and shows your truly great character.

Dave

And proof again, despite the claims of many, that the community is far more then just the game.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2009, 02:23:19 AM »
All the best to Morpheus and Family.

<< :salute >>
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #313 on: June 14, 2009, 01:04:14 PM »
And proof again, despite the claims of many, that the community is far more then just the game.

A founding member, and a brother, speaks the truth.  :salute
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »
I am very happy he has survived this terrible accident and that it appears he has the mental capacity to regain his life back.  I wish to hell he had been wearing a helmet though.

A big Thanks to you guys who have taken your personal time to visit Morph and share your thoughts and hopes with us.

Good luck Morpheus and return just as soon as you are able  :salute
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns