Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64797 times)

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2009, 04:12:24 PM »
drinking from a cup on his own (with some spillage).

Nuttin wrong with that, I do it too!  :D

Glad to hear he is recovering nicely and thanks for keep everyone informed!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
Well ... we went to see him last night.

When we first went into the room, the aid pointed to Mars and asked Jeff ... who is this guy ... and Jeff spouted out "Rob" and then the aid asked if he knew his last name and to our surprise ... he immediately said, without thought Rob's last name ... to us ... that was huge.

For the rest of the visit, he wouldn't shut the F**K up ... his conversational skills are improving immensely. He can keep up with a conversation, but at times drifts away. He jokes around and busts balls during a conversation which I consider a real good sign of improvement ... he has and displays a sense of humor.

Where he isn't doing good is his continued frustration at being in the hospital and not really realizing why he is in there. This leads to him being pissed off at times and it usually rears it's ugly head when he is supposed to be doing his physical therapy, so with that, he is behind on re-learning how to walk and strengthening his left arm and leg.

We got into a little trouble at the hospital last night ...  :devil  ... Jeff is only supposed to have 2 visitor at a time. Prior to last night we pretty much blew that rule off, but we learned from his Dad that if he has too much interaction with people, at the same time, he later tries to process what transpired during the visit(s), and that causes him to stay awake much of the night. That in turn leaves him tired and cranky for the next day and he goes off on the physical therapy aides and they cancel his sessions.

Personally, I think it's an excuse by the hospital ... but we will try to be good next visit ...  :angel:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
Well ... we went to see him last night.

When we first went into the room, the aid pointed to Mars and asked Jeff ... who is this guy ... and Jeff spouted out "Rob" and then the aid asked if he knew his last name and to our surprise ... he immediately said, without thought Rob's last name ... to us ... that was huge.

For the rest of the visit, he wouldn't shut the F**K up ... his conversational skills are improving immensely. He can keep up with a conversation, but at times drifts away. He jokes around and busts balls during a conversation which I consider a real good sign of improvement ... he has and displays a sense of humor.

Where he isn't doing good is his continued frustration at being in the hospital and not really realizing why he is in there. This leads to him being pissed off at times and it usually rears it's ugly head when he is supposed to be doing his physical therapy, so with that, he is behind on re-learning how to walk and strengthening his left arm and leg.

We got into a little trouble at the hospital last night ...  :devil  ... Jeff is only supposed to have 2 visitor at a time. Prior to last night we pretty much blew that rule off, but we learned from his Dad that if he has too much interaction with people, at the same time, he later tries to process what transpired during the visit(s), and that causes him to stay awake much of the night. That in turn leaves him tired and cranky for the next day and he goes off on the physical therapy aides and they cancel his sessions.

Personally, I think it's an excuse by the hospital ... but we will try to be good next visit ...  :angel:
These updates seem to be getting better and better! :rock
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »
Thanks again to you folks for taking time out of yalls schedule to visit and then report to the community. This seems to be going well. We are looking forward to the day he can return.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2009, 04:59:37 PM »
Slap - Try and help him see that re-learning how to walk and getting his left side back in shape = getting out of there.  

Thanks for the update.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #380 on: July 15, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »
Thanks for the update Slap,

I wonder is the conditioning for the left arm just strength? or strength and coordination?  If it's matter or hand eye coordination would taking a laptop and a joystick in and make him try and fly a bit with his left hand be helpful?
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
thanks for the updates  :aok
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »
Keep the updates comming Slap!
 and Thx for them,good to hear he's progressing.

Cant say I blame him wanting out,had any hosp. food lately?

:salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »
Thanks again to you folks for taking time out of yalls schedule to visit and then report to the community.

The mark of very good friends.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »
The mark of very good friends.

- oldman

Yep, shows the true nature of the best of this community. :salute

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »
Thank you for the update. They are getting better and better.  :salute

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
thanks slap
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
Thank you very much for consistently posting after your visits with him. :) Much appreciated!
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »
 :aok
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2009, 03:01:51 AM »