Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64685 times)

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »
masherbrum and slapshot seem to have had contact with morpheus family after the accident. if they are still in game they may be in a position to know current information.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »
rest well dude! we will update you on everything when you wake up!... our prayers and thoughts are with you.
 :salute
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »
I hope he's doing well :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #588 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:53 AM »
As far as I know there's been no updates. Mars was in contact with the family, but I'm not sure if he still has a chance to speak with them since they moved morph.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #589 on: December 15, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »
It has been close to 18 months since we last saw Jeff. Last we saw him, he was in a wheelchair. The last time we tried to visit him, they had moved him to a "lockdown" unit for what they called "boot camp". Due to his frustration, at that point in his rehab, Jeff had anger issues and would get violent at times ... at the drop of a hat. Boot camp was to be a period of 6 weeks with no visitors ... not even family ... that hopefully would address the anger issues ... well, it took a little longer than that.

It was during the boot camp period we lost touch with Jeff. We had heard that Jeff always had a hard time after a visitation. He didn't like the fact that people were leaving and he wasn't. So between him going to a lock down unit (his parents never told us he was going to this unit) and thinking that our visits were causing some of his anger issues, and not hearing anything from his parents and thinking that they may might not want us around, we thought that he must have gone thru boot camp, was released, and moved to Maine where his parents had said that they were going to move once they sold their gun store.

When we were visiting Jeff ... Mars01, BadBoy58, and myself would go out for buffalo wings after our visit. Well, we continued getting together around once a month and would going out for wings anyways.

Mars01 got married this summer and we hadn't gone out in quite awhile, so I texted both of them last Friday telling them that we needed a "wing fix" and we agreed to meet this Wednesday. On Sunday, I get a text from Mars01 saying that he just got a call from Jeff's mom and Jeff has been asking for us and she was wondering if we would like to see him.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll yeah we would.

His mom made a phone call, got our names on the visitor list (he is still in that lock down unit) and told the rehab place that we would be there Wednesday night.

We get into his unit and the aid brings us to an activities room with a large table and some chairs. She asks us to take a seat and she will bring Jeff into us. Well, the 3 of us damn near crapped out pants to see Jeff come WALKING in on this own power and steady as can be and with a HUGE smile on his face. His speech is very low in volume and hard to understand at times, but we sat there and talked, broke each others balls, and laughed for over an hour before they told us we had to go.

Part of our conversation was focused on Aces High and some of the people he had lots of fun with ... all the Blue Knights, XtremeJ, Betty, and a handful of others. I told him about all the new planes and vehicles and he was really excited. The reason that he was excited is, according to his mom, Jeff has been doing so well, he could be released soon and Jeff is looking forward to getting behind the stick again.

His did ask if anyone had claimed "Morpheus" and we said no way ... it's still waiting for you. I told him that I didn't think that Skuzzy would let that handle go so easily ... I hope I am not lying  :D

When Jeff does get released, his mom said that he will be looking to move into a "group" home and we can only hope that it will be nearby ... I asked him if he was going to move to Maine where his parents are at ... He looked at me with this quizzical look and said ... Are you F(*&(*& kidding me ? He wants to stay in Connecticut.

We are now going to see if we can get our names on the list of people who can take him out for an "excursion". If it happens, we will be taking him out for some wings which he loved to eat before all this crap happened. Not sure when the last time he had a decent buffalo wing, but hopefully he will be licking his fingers soon.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #590 on: December 15, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
Great news!! :aok Thanks for update.!
I am a spy!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »
Absolute Awesome News, Slap!

how your post just made my day so much brighter, thanks for posting........

best post I seen on these boards in a very long time, I must say........

:salute   :cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
Thanks for the update Slapshot.  And yes, his game ID is still waiting for him.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #593 on: December 15, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »
That's such wonderful news Slap, I really miss Morph and wish one day soon to see him up again in the unfriendly skies.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #594 on: December 15, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »
WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Get that man some wings stat! I loved the part where he looked at you funny with the moving to Maine  :x

:cheers: :bolt:
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #595 on: December 15, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »
excellent news, thanks for the update slappy

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #596 on: December 15, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
Great news Morph!  Everyone is pulling for you.  Slapshot you get a check mark for good deed done Sir. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #597 on: December 15, 2011, 01:37:25 PM »
Nobody made me laugh harder in this game than Morph.  I'm ecstatic to hear about his ongoing recovery, and I might just have to fire up the game again when he makes his reappearance.  Send him my best, Slappy!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
Brought tears to my eyes!

Great news!!!

Thanks Slap!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »
Great news Morph!  Everyone is pulling for you.  Slapshot you get a check mark for good deed done Sir. :aok

Thanks, but there are 2 other AH old timers involved here too ... I just tell the story.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."