Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 64333 times)

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #660 on: December 21, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »
Being out of the game so long I had no idea this happened to Morph.  I thought he had just hung up the stick like I did...  Let him know I hope he gets better soon, completely blew me away reading this post.  Flew with him in the Mafia, WOT and BKs..  Thanks for being there for him Slappy and Mars, that post is just awesome to hear!

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #661 on: December 21, 2011, 11:26:39 PM »
mothertrucker I thought there was news. I dumped about same speed low side though and only though of Morph. That was 2 years ago almost, and I'd love to know how he's doing, so on and so forth.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #662 on: December 21, 2011, 11:32:46 PM »
 :pray :pray :pray

EDIT: finds this artcle is 2 years old......FAIL!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #663 on: December 22, 2011, 07:50:41 AM »
:pray :pray :pray

EDIT: finds this artcle is 2 years old......FAIL!

You fail!

Had you read.the entire post you would have seen that a well know player had an accident that almost killed him. He suffered head injuries that made recovery very tough. The latest news is that he is out of his wheel chair and has learned.to walk again. His recovery has been a long and slow one, not to mention something of a miracle!

Maybe you should to read before you open your big mouth.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:52:42 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #664 on: December 22, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »
You fail!

Had you read.the entire post you would have seen that a well know player had an accident that almost killed him. He suffered head injuries that made recovery very tough. The latest news is that he is out of his wheel chair and has learned.to walk again. His recovery has been a long and slow one, not to mention something of a miracle!

Maybe you should to read before you open your big mouth.
WOW.... I'm such a frickin idiot, i hope this guy is doing ok. and again sorry for my rude post i thought he was ok by now, however that is still no excuse.

only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #665 on: December 22, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »
Slapshot that is great news! I hope he recovers fully and quickly.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #666 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
Friendly bump to send my prayers. :pray :angel: :salute

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #667 on: December 26, 2011, 05:55:12 PM »
Great news!

Keep it up Morph!  :pray

Thanks for the update.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #668 on: December 27, 2011, 10:08:51 AM »
Glad to hear he's improving from this ordeal. It's got to be a tough, frustrating time.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #669 on: December 28, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »
Best post I've read here in ages....

Thanks for the update and GET WELL SOON JEFF!!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #670 on: December 28, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
It's going to be really cool when he finally gets a chance to read this thread.  :aok
-AoM-

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #671 on: December 28, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
Slash,

Let me know when he can get behind the real stick. Got a 4 place Cirrus with his name on it and a lot of guys that would love multiship with him.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #672 on: December 30, 2011, 08:54:50 AM »
It has been close to 18 months since we last saw Jeff. Last we saw him, he was in a wheelchair. The last time we tried to visit him, they had moved him to a "lockdown" unit for what they called "boot camp". Due to his frustration, at that point in his rehab, Jeff had anger issues and would get violent at times ... at the drop of a hat. Boot camp was to be a period of 6 weeks with no visitors ... not even family ... that hopefully would address the anger issues ... well, it took a little longer than that.

It was during the boot camp period we lost touch with Jeff. We had heard that Jeff always had a hard time after a visitation. He didn't like the fact that people were leaving and he wasn't. So between him going to a lock down unit (his parents never told us he was going to this unit) and thinking that our visits were causing some of his anger issues, and not hearing anything from his parents and thinking that they may might not want us around, we thought that he must have gone thru boot camp, was released, and moved to Maine where his parents had said that they were going to move once they sold their gun store.

When we were visiting Jeff ... Mars01, BadBoy58, and myself would go out for buffalo wings after our visit. Well, we continued getting together around once a month and would going out for wings anyways.

Mars01 got married this summer and we hadn't gone out in quite awhile, so I texted both of them last Friday telling them that we needed a "wing fix" and we agreed to meet this Wednesday. On Sunday, I get a text from Mars01 saying that he just got a call from Jeff's mom and Jeff has been asking for us and she was wondering if we would like to see him.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll yeah we would.

His mom made a phone call, got our names on the visitor list (he is still in that lock down unit) and told the rehab place that we would be there Wednesday night.

We get into his unit and the aid brings us to an activities room with a large table and some chairs. She asks us to take a seat and she will bring Jeff into us. Well, the 3 of us damn near crapped out pants to see Jeff come WALKING in on this own power and steady as can be and with a HUGE smile on his face. His speech is very low in volume and hard to understand at times, but we sat there and talked, broke each others balls, and laughed for over an hour before they told us we had to go.

Part of our conversation was focused on Aces High and some of the people he had lots of fun with ... all the Blue Knights, XtremeJ, Betty, and a handful of others. I told him about all the new planes and vehicles and he was really excited. The reason that he was excited is, according to his mom, Jeff has been doing so well, he could be released soon and Jeff is looking forward to getting behind the stick again.

His did ask if anyone had claimed "Morpheus" and we said no way ... it's still waiting for you. I told him that I didn't think that Skuzzy would let that handle go so easily ... I hope I am not lying  :D

When Jeff does get released, his mom said that he will be looking to move into a "group" home and we can only hope that it will be nearby ... I asked him if he was going to move to Maine where his parents are at ... He looked at me with this quizzical look and said ... Are you F(*&(*& kidding me ? He wants to stay in Connecticut.

We are now going to see if we can get our names on the list of people who can take him out for an "excursion". If it happens, we will be taking him out for some wings which he loved to eat before all this crap happened. Not sure when the last time he had a decent buffalo wing, but hopefully he will be licking his fingers soon.
I almost cried  :salute

callsign - Tallywho

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #673 on: December 30, 2011, 09:46:31 AM »
Wish I could donate some Cheddar, maybe we can help him out.
JG 52

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #674 on: January 02, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
Gods speed for a full recovery