Author Topic: Some Ta152 flying.  (Read 3690 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Some Ta152 flying.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »
I get something weird on the first, third, sixth, and seventh link Moot. Others seem to be working fine.. TYVM!  :aok
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »
I figured I would have been the dead spixteen
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »
I get something weird on the first, third, sixth, and seventh link Moot. Others seem to be working fine.. TYVM!  :aok

Right click on the link. Save as.   save it to your desktop. play movie  :)
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
The links work.. Can you say what's weird?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »
The links work.. Can you say what's weird?

Most of them I click on them, I get the normal "save file" screen. The ones I mentioned when I clicked, I got a new tab with a bunch of odd characters on 'em.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »
The random characters are your browser trying to open the ahf files as though they were text.  Do you get that even when you right click and select 'save as'?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »
Interesting films, seem to have all been of a theme. I must ask though, do you have any 152 tips for those of us who *can't* shoot like God himself upside down while performing a hammerhead stall?

Also, in the Trotter film the SpitIX *clearly* eats the first tater with no damage whatsoever. The bug DOES exist.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:38:20 AM by BnZs »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »
I get the trotter film to display a tater every other time I play it.  I haven't checked (cause from memory there definitely wasnt a tater there) but I'm pretty sure it happens when you've changed the play speed.

There's probably some very academic and formal methods to aim the 30mm.. But let me be honest and tell you what I think is the best way. Stop thinking about it.  If you have any habit of hesitating, get rid of it. Even if you have to "forget" or "unlearn" what you know or have taken for granted.  The brain never really forgets and in my experience "relearns" very fast.  From then, just fire anytime it feels right.  Don't think or second guess yourself, just fire and move on.   You'll make mistakes and go home bingo ammo early, but just go with it and don't try to analyze it.  Just take it all as it happens.  Let it become second nature.  Maybe.. Forget about the 20mm.  Fire just the 30, or concentrate only on it.  The best way to learn a tool is to treat it as an extension of your body.
The 30mm is a really dodgy gun and will frustrate you (bullets flying around target despite piper held steady RIGHT on target).. It's a roll of the dice - there's nothing you can do, as far as gunnery goes, about that.  Only fly yourself into a solution on as big a target as you can. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
Ah, so it's really a 20mm hit? Okay.

I get the trotter film to display a tater every other time I play it.  I haven't checked (cause from memory there definitely wasnt a tater there) but I'm pretty sure it happens when you've changed the play speed.

There's probably some very academic and formal methods to aim the 30mm.. But let me be honest and tell you what I think is the best way. Stop thinking about it.  If you have any habit of hesitating, get rid of it. Even if you have to "forget" or "unlearn" what you know or have taken for granted.  The brain never really forgets and in my experience "relearns" very fast.  From then, just fire anytime it feels right.  Don't think or second guess yourself, just fire and move on.   You'll make mistakes and go home bingo ammo early, but just go with it and don't try to analyze it.  Just take it all as it happens.  Let it become second nature.  Maybe.. Forget about the 20mm.  Fire just the 30, or concentrate only on it.  The best way to learn a tool is to treat it as an extension of your body.
The 30mm is a really dodgy gun and will frustrate you (bullets flying around target despite piper held steady RIGHT on target).. It's a roll of the dice - there's nothing you can do, as far as gunnery goes, about that.  Only fly yourself into a solution on as big a target as you can. 

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:31:17 AM »
Whenever I try to play videos like mediafire and such it says windows media player cannot play them, do I need a newer version of the media player or what?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
AHF files open with the film viewer in your aces high folder.  "ahfilm.exe".  Double click on the files, or if the film viewer's already open, open the files from within the viewer.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
Moot,

Watched all the videos and enjoyed them.  Have flown the 152 exlusively for the past few days except when eny intervenes.  I have had some moderate success but more importantly it has been fun.  I have been using 3/4 fuel usually.  Do you burn off any tanks manually such as the aft tank first etc?  Any tidbits would be welcomed.

Thanks

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 03:54:19 PM »
One of the wings holds more fuel than the other. There are 3 fuel cells in a row, and on one side the outboard fuel cell is WEP additive (MW50, maybe? can't recall which WEP). That means if you manually drain the wings one will be heavier than the other.

For a long time I knew that. What I didn't know was that when you leave it on AUTO fuel, it burns equal amounts of fuel in both wings, and LEAVES a little in the larger tank, balancing out the other wing's "go-juice" tank (which never drains, is full weight).

So after I realized that (several months ago) I leave it on "auto" every time, so that it balances my wings out automatically for me.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 07:31:23 PM »
Yes Brentlo, AFT needs to go first.  There's a Ta152 writeup at the AHWiki.  The "Fighting in" and "Fighting against" sections are outdated, but the rest should cover the most important points.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you