Author Topic: Some Ta152 flying.  (Read 3689 times)

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
Re: Some Ta152 flying.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
ty for the tip  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 08:06:12 AM »
Low speed high yoyo versus a better flat turner.  In this case also a good choice because the target (an F4U) is not something that can just point the nose up and lift itself out of the way when the shot happens, or match the high yoyo competitively. Crappy gunnery but the maneuvering concept's right there.
A tighter turn from the F4U would have made sense in the tactical situation (lots of friendlies to back him up), but the 152 can just raise the high yoyo's initial climbing to match it -- although the margin of safety is smaller and the timing window to recognize and correct for it is very short. 

Another one of those lower altitude dodge -> overshoot + snapshot on the bouncer's climbing exit.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:27:32 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BippeeII

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
Thanks for the films.  Nice to see what the 152 in the right hands is capable of doing.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 04:08:27 AM »
An offensive demo. Baiting a P-51D into some slow flat scissors, to an overshoot, and then another example of how sideways you can put the 152 for solutions, if you coax it just right. 

A mix of offensive and defensive flying.  Even though the 152 is no spit, you can still spoil the bandit on your six' aim by spiraling so that you're drawing circles around his gunsight. This can also serve to slow you down and get your flaps out.. But you need to be planning what comes next and when, because there's not much margin of error in this type of situation. 
The spitfire should've nailed me, but in my experience the funny sideways flying is usually a good way to confuse their aim or at least make them hesitate long enough to deny an easy shot.  This time, the tail-whip (not quite a hammerhead) reverse at the top is both an evasive against the incoming spit and a reverse to the P-51 below. It's not much in terms of getting out of the spit's way, but it's better than nothing and it lands you right where you want to be to kill the P-51 and free you to deal with the spit.. Here you can hopefully see and hear more or less exactly how smooth throttle and rudder control allows such tight reverses and angles to a solution.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:19:54 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you