Author Topic: Scamming The 2 Week Free Trial  (Read 7687 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Scamming The 2 Week Free Trial
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:42 AM »

It sure seems like abuse, and I think some questions need to be asked, but if he's paying for the 2 accounts how do you handle a situation like that. Is it cheating, not my call and he's only scamming the scoring system it's not as if he's winning any prizes and in the long run he's only hurting himself and his credibility.

He is right.  If this toolbox have two paid account, how can you classified him as a cheater.  Beside messing up the scoring systeme.  How desprate do you have to be to be rank #1, get a life.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 03:02:28 AM »
How desprate do you have to be to be rank #1, get a life.

Ask Biggamer how desperate he is to get #1 rank in the MW arena. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 03:42:38 AM »
Probably 9 out of 10 would call it dishonest play. I myself only call it cheating.

And it must be exhausting. Going to all that trouble just to end with with a K/D of 393/338.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 09:18:48 AM »
That is a very ignorant statement.
hit a nerve eh larry.  lol
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »
How desprate do you have to be to be rank #1, get a life.

Funny thing is, the guy in question couldn't ever get a #1 overall ranking. If you look at his stats he only seems to fly in Fighter mode. You can't get #1 overall only flying in Fighter mode. Maybe he just wants to be the #1 Fighter? Actually, I think he's got more issues going on than that.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »
The Freebirds should dump this guy!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
Probably 9 out of 10 would call it dishonest play. I myself only call it cheating.

And it must be exhausting. Going to all that trouble just to end with with a K/D of 393/338.

My god Rich.  At least warn a guy.

I think I blew half a beer out my nose.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Harp00n

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
I don't think you can delete AHII the re-install and get two weeks free again.
I'm pretty sure Hitech has that covered.

Coogan

I think it was around 2000 when this was fixed ;)

I know that...errmmm..because I heard of it... Before this time you only had to use different email-accounts to get another 2 week trial... :D

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2009, 11:29:21 AM »
Thats ok, I was told by a individual lastnight he has multiple accounts.  He said he has 5 acccounts and will have 6 by summertime,lol.  He supposely uses them to give him supplies/ bomb, etcc..
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2009, 11:52:50 AM »
This is true.  Although with various proxy tools, one can change their IP and/or use a "proxy" gateway to throw off the system.  But in the end, 90% of player's do not have the ability to reup their 2 weeks without waiting a year.
I don't think you can delete AHII the re-install and get two weeks free again.
I'm pretty sure Hitech has that covered.

Coogan

But those aren't trials.  He pays for them......  :confused: 
Thats ok, I was told by a individual lastnight he has multiple accounts.  He said he has 5 acccounts and will have 6 by summertime,lol.  He supposely uses them to give him supplies/ bomb, etcc..
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »
i see a lot of pile-its in here, that don't care about score, apparently caring about score.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
It looks like he must be changing user ids regularly to make it look like he's never been shot down. I guess the guy has some issues to deal with.
Back when artorious was yogibear I said something or did something that pissed him off.  I became his squeeky toy.  As such he griefed me pretty good for a few hours.

Finally I convinced him to go to the dueling arena and show me a few things.  After about an hour of getting smacked down over and over again (which he seemed to thoroughly enjoy over and over gain) I finally called it a day -but not before getting a real good glimpse into this guys online persona.  Definately not your standard online gaming cat.  The guy definately has got something odd going on upstairs.

Afterwards I went and checked his score, as I had never heard of nor seen him before....he had 97 kills and 2 deaths...all in spit9.

Still, I enjoyed it...well, sorta.....mostly.....kinda.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Back when artorious was yogibear I said something or did something that pissed him off.  I became his squeeky toy.  As such he griefed me pretty good for a few hours.
 The guy definately has got something odd going on upstairs.
Afterwards I went and checked his score, as I had never heard of nor seen him before....he had 97 kills and 2 deaths...all in spit9.

Yep, someone said they thought the guy I was talking about was artorious. That sounds like this guy. Nearly always in a Spit9 and, from what I've seen, makes sure to never put himself in any danger, usually staying up high and diving down on people already occupied or hitting uppers on deacked runways.

In fact, he just threatened me with the "squeeky toy" thing. That's exactly what he texted to me about an hour ago.

He said that after I refused to apologize for accusing him of scamming the free trials. I told him I hadn't been proved wrong, at least not yet and, in any case, I wasn't going to apologize to him for anything as he didn't deserve it. He then wrote that he paid his $15.00 just like everyone else and I told him I'd take his word for it. He wouldn't let that go, though.

Anyway, the guy does have some personal issues to deal with.

Oh, and BTW, I'm even more sure now that Lazydog was right about this guy's reason for changing names. Yesterday he was Zeus. Once Zeus got killed he changed his name to Hermes, which is what he was today before he logged off.

So far it's been Whambam>Topdog>Zeus>Hermes. All in a period of about 5 days.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
I knew someone that did that. His name was WindX(MrJinX) and he did that for at least a few months that i knew about when i was flying with him. As far as i know he was banned once HTC caught on to it.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
hit a nerve eh larry.  lol

No, like I said your statement "If you cant afford $14.95 a month then you truly do suck "beyond words"....." is ignorant. Maybe one day you'll have to pay bills of your own and have a family to take of. Hopefully then you'll learn the value of a dollar.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:01:21 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner