Author Topic: My god would you please quit with the arena crap Hitech!  (Read 21920 times)

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: My god would you please quit with the arena crap Hitech!
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2009, 11:17:07 AM »

Simple not refutable facts.

1. Before arena split AH was not longer growing.

2. After arena split AH started growing fast than it ever had.

Now there really is only 1 reason for this, more people are having fun, and thus subscribe.

HiTech

First and foremost I greatly appreciate the time,money,and effort you and your staff have expended just to keep us folks interested and entertained!  I must ask that was it the arena split or the increase in advertising that actually caused the game to grow?  This is information that only you and your staff would be able to know with any amount of certainty.  I don't wish for you to get me wrong as I like the multiple arenas and actually can find more entertainment in the lower populated arenas at times than the highly populated arenas.  I do feel the sting of the caps on the arenas at times but I try to work around it.  I think that the majority of us here realize that if the game doesn't grow, the game itself will be in deep crap.  I would just suggest that you would be more forthcoming in informing the population of game decisions and how it is impacted from a business perspective.  I hope that the majority would feel better about changes that impact their favorite form of online entertainment if they were more informed about how these changes can help the game/company prosper.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

Ok lets see if the guy is just a manager then it is not his store it is the coperation's store. As for the whole parent thing that is not even compareable with this. It is their private property they can do what they want. In fact I would love if more parents discipline their lil brat kids, so that I wouldn't have to deal with them on a daily basis. These boards are public which means ppl can express their opinions if they want. Why is me expressing my opinion about what is going on a bad idea. Because he can get rid of me oh well I know it won't hurt his bank account any. I will express my opinions as many others do on these boards, if hitech thinks otherwise on the matter let him do what he thinks needs to be done.

That was CLEARLY not an opinion-it was a false assumption, to which HT addressed many times, undermining HT's honesty.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
First and foremost I greatly appreciate the time,money,and effort you and your staff have expended just to keep us folks interested and entertained!  I must ask that was it the arena split or the increase in advertising that actually caused the game to grow?  This is information that only you and your staff would be able to know with any amount of certainty.  I don't wish for you to get me wrong as I like the multiple arenas and actually can find more entertainment in the lower populated arenas at times than the highly populated arenas.  I do feel the sting of the caps on the arenas at times but I try to work around it.  I think that the majority of us here realize that if the game doesn't grow, the game itself will be in deep crap.  I would just suggest that you would be more forthcoming in informing the population of game decisions and how it is impacted from a business perspective.  I hope that the majority would feel better about changes that impact their favorite form of online entertainment if they were more informed about how these changes can help the game/company prosper.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

I think that is a pretty unreasonable request. "How" and "why" HT runs his business is HIS business. Much like buying a car, you are buying a product from HTC. Would you expect Ford Motor Company to give you information of the "hows" and "whys" they do anything with their cars?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »

I think that is a pretty unreasonable request. "How" and "why" HT runs his business is HIS business. Much like buying a car, you are buying a product from HTC. Would you expect Ford Motor Company to give you information of the "hows" and "whys" they do anything with their cars?

I agree.
HiTech keeps us in the light on a lot of things that we probably don't have the right to know.  The fact that he posts regularly within the community really shows he does care about our opinions (even though we are wrong 99% of the time).  How's that saying go?  "Give them an inch, they want to take a mile".

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2009, 02:15:53 PM »
They did explain their reasoning behind the changes, and it would be silly to assume they do anything to hurt their business- you don't make drastic changes except to improve things. The fact that people refuse to accept what they say, does not mean that HT and Pyro haven't been fairly open about the whole thing. Remember the numerous threads on the topic that they started?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2009, 06:43:58 PM »

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

From what I've read in this topic, HiTech said the numbers were decreasing before the arena split, not the arena was split because of increasing numbers.

You are looking at it from the wrong angle or just confused.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
  I hope that the majority would feel better about changes that impact their favorite form of online entertainment if they were more informed about how these changes can help the game/company prosper.

I would have thought so to, but on this issue we informed everyone as we did the split, and many many times after. But we are not really speaking about should we inform people, and in some ways you are setting up a straw man argument.

There have been times when we have let the community choose and disused changes (See country balancing & ENY issues where it was discussed prior and adjusted per what the community asked) it made no difference in complaints.

There have been times when we have implemented systems and then explained at the same time why we made the change. Look back to the original post when we did split arenas, we made a long post of why the change was made. The reasons have not changed at all since that time, and the out come of the change has shown that the change was needed.

So doc, what would you do when you DIRECTLY inform a person of the reasons for a change, he claims you did the change for a different reasons, and then you DIRECTLY inform THAT SAME PERSON again that what he claims is not an issue, and he one more time claims that you are not telling the real reason you made a change and that what he states (i.e. tech issues) is the real reason for the change?

HiTech
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:18:00 AM by hitech »

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
Hitech I have an explaination...lead paint.
999000 <S>

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:23 AM »
Hitech I have an explaination...lead paint.
999000 <S>
lol lead paint :D
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32:35 AM »
I would have thought so to, but on this issue we informed everyone as we did the split, and many many times after. But we are not really speaking about should we inform people, and in some ways you are setting up a straw man argument.

There have been times when we have let the community choose and disused changes (See country balancing & ENY issues where it was discussed prior and adjusted per what the community asked) it made no difference in complaints.

There have been times when we have implemented systems and then explained at the same time why we made the change. Look back to the original post when we did split arenas, we made a long post of why the change was made. The reasons have not changed at all since that time, and the out come of the change has shown that the change was needed.

So doc, what would you do when you DIRECTLY inform a person of the reasons for a change, he claims you did the change for a different reasons, and then you DIRECTLY inform THAT SAME PERSON again that what he claims is not an issue, and he one more time claims that you are not telling the real reason you made a change and that what he states (i.e. tech issues) is the real reason for the change?

HiTech

I see your point.  Hmmm... what would I do when I directly informed a person of the reason and he acts like an idiot?  Unfortunately, you can't take him up in your ride and drop him off at about 15K without a chute but it's a great idea. heheheh

Thanks for your candid responses to my inquiry.  I understand your position more clearly and while I still vitch from time to time about the CAPS, I also have to admit that I vitch about having to leave to go to work.

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2009, 10:50:25 AM »

Ya know Fugitive, I think you think everything posted anymore is just downright unreasonable.  Hitech made a statement and I inquired if it could have been the advertising and not the arena split that saw the game begin to lift out of stagnation.  I then made a recommendation about information sharing and did NOT request a detailed report of his business decisions.  I simply don't understand why you are that aggressive about each and every posting lately.  I'm not coming in here and looking for a peeing contest and I didn't enter this thread to complain or whine about anything.  Heck, I stated that I like the multiple arenas and I can have fun and relieve stress from my job and it's cheaper than a case of beer in Indianapolis.  I'm really hoping that you just misunderstood the meaning of my post but in retrospect, I could have expressed it better but it was made after a long hard 14 hour shift.  I've been around for a while but I don't respond to post very often and I really have a very limited amount of time to reading the BBS and I try and spend it in the game itself.

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2009, 04:43:34 PM »
Are you serious 31 pages of this jargin!!!  After the 4th page the origional topic is out the window :rofl
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Yes they do..... Would you keep your liberal's on your side of the river and out of Idaho.  :lol

CAVALRY

(Image removed from quote.)

Those conservatives in Idaho don't spell or punctuate very well, do they?  hehe  But, they love to be heard.
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »

So doc, what would you do ?

HiTech

Let India handle your customer service calls?   :D
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »
Let India handle your customer service calls?   :D

after about 5 days they would nuke Pakistan out of sheer frustration.