Author Topic: I crave more competition!  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: I crave more competition!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2009, 01:26:35 PM »
Why not just fly challenging aircraft? That will make the fights seem more challenging. Since you are so much above the level of competition, try BnZ-ing in a P-40B or TnB in a FW-190 F8.

I checked your kills for the current tour:
Kazaa
Total kills: 380
Kills in perk planes: 252
Kills in un-perked planes: 131
Kills in Spit XVI: 65

I’m not looking for a challenge per se, more competition is my goal.

Very disappointing.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
Please read.

Ok, ok, ok... Just for arguments sake, let’s just take out the whole “attracting more players” part out from my OP. The world would surely end if AH2 got more subs.

Essentially we already have KoTH and SDL, both of which are mediums for players to compete on a competitive level every month. What I’m asking for is a system which will give players the ability to compete on a on a truly, large scale, competitive level, every minute of every day. That’s if they choose to do so.

The few people who keep bringing up “AMAGAD, I does n0t wants da Xbox crowed to take over meh game” are highly exaggerating. Do you honestly think if HTC implemented a system such as the one I’ve been stressing in this topic, that the completely next day AH2 would be overrun by Xbox squeakers? AH2’s learning curve is so step, that I’m sure our every day console tard couldn’t even hack AH2. I find the maturity level in competitive online P.C games insanely higher than that of Xbox anyway.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:54:08 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 01:39:33 PM »
Very disappointing.

In which respect?

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »
First of all....WoW isn't a game.....It's a life style...  
Ever see what the majority of people who play WoW look like??

2nd, the majority who play WoW have a certain mentality which rings the same tone as the xbox/playstation mentality..
That type of mentality is inherently bad for Aces High..
This game was/is designed with flight simmers and WWII enthusiasts in-mind...  Anyone else is just a tard/dweeb and most of us wait for the
day when AH no longer holds their 12 second attention span...
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
Please read.
What I’m asking for is a system which will give players the ability to compete on a on a truly, large scale, competitive level, every minute of every day.

We do; it is called the main arena. The competition gets tougher the slower you fly, in particular if you're not in perked planes all month.  :D
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2009, 01:45:59 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

2nd, the majority who play WoW have a certain mentality which rings the same tone as the xbox/playstation mentality..

You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried... :lol There are some fruit loops in WoW just like in every other game, I know I use to play it. :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:51:21 PM by Kazaa »

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »
I know..... the point being it only appeals to the xbox crowd.

This is probably very accurate.

However, ww2 flight sims is a niche market.  Many of us may be approaching our 10th or 15th anniversarys flying online. As we get older,  'Xboxers' like it or not, may be the future of the sim if it is to subsist, let alone grow.

Do I see a reason for HTC to grow right now? No, not personally.  I love seeing arenas that are occupied as they currently are in LWM. Id love to see all the arenas similarly occupied. The community seems strong at this time - but we dont have access to HTCs earnings report.  

There may come a time that with dwindling numbers, a seperate arena like the one suggested will be a source of revenue for the game from a untapped market, and will make sense to implement.  Then it will be up to the community to introduce those players to the other things the game has to offer.  As posted earlier, there are no shortage of toys to play with here, but many people seem to need a guide dog to show them the way.  

My kids play WoW with the same joy I play AH. They have servers for different game worlds, as well as servers for different styles of play - Player vs player ( which is what we do in AH ) . Player vs Enemy ( which is co-op play against AI ) and Role playing.  The game is undeniably sucessful, and one main reason is it is all things to all people, something to suit every style.

We have this now in AH, to a degree. FSO & scenarios are role playing, the late war mains are player vs player, and unfortunately the EW ( and occasionally the MW ) have become havens for those who want to avoid human players and would rather blow stuff up in a leisurly fashion.  But in our community we throw all types into one arena and attack eachother in forums for not playing the 'right' way.  Endless furballer/toolshedder/hoard debates.

If HTC threw up another server with the suggested format and it attracted more players and more $$, then perhaps HTC would expand his staff, and developments make come even faster than they do now. It would be another tool in the arsenal, another toy in the toybox.

Or he would keep the biz small as hes always said he desires, show tremendous growth & cash in, selling this to MSoft, Sony, or Blizzard...and retire :)

And then the game as we know it would be gone. Try emailing a corporation re: flight model or damage model issues.

As for pc maturity vs xbox, I find bs spewed on 200 just as immature as the bs spewed on Xbox live as my kids play Gears of War, or WoW on their pcs. Either the 'xboxers' are already here, or us old farts are regressing:)  
PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
We do; it is called the main arena. The competition gets tougher the slower you fly, in particular if you're not in perked planes all month.  :D

The MA isn't competative setting imo, nuff said.

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 01:57:26 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That type of mentality is inherently bad for Aces High..
This game was/is designed with flight simmers and WWII enthusiasts in-mind...  Anyone else is just a tard/dweeb and most of us wait for the
day when AH no longer holds their 12 second attention span...

Designed with simmers & enthusiasts? Absolutely Ano...but hasnt been delivered in that pure fashion since I tried it long ago after HT split from the WB crew. And thats probably because HT found out what the masses truly want a long time ago, and delivers it to them The most popular arena is a mish mash of all planes on all sides, on ficticious maps.  262s with zekes for wingmen in furballs.  The true enthusiast arena would have realistic terrains & a historic planeset allowing you to recreate the great air battles you read about in the history books.  Id call such a arena...the Axis v Allies arena :)  We have it, but no one comes.  Unfortunately its not what the masses want.
PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »
You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried... :lol There are some fruit loops in WoW, just like in every other game, I know I use to play it. :D

WoW is FULL of fruitloops....
WoW is a HOMEWRECKER....  I've seen countless high school athletes quit playing sports, drop out of school, and turn into overweight buffoons because of WoW..
WoW and games like it are scourges upon the gaming world....
Games/sims are meant to be played, not lived....

The MAJORITY who play WoW spend almost all their free-time playing the game..  They turn into 30 year olds that still live with their parents..

All those things that people say about people that play WoW is ABSOLUTELY true....  

Put me in the busy downtown of ANY city in the WORLD and I will point out who plays WoW, how much they play, what they weigh (most WoW players eventually end up well weighing over 300 lbs), their education, whether or not they are virgins (absolutely all who play WoW before their first piece of arse will NEVER EVER get intimate with anything except intardnet pron).

Buncha WoWer's....  I really hate those people....  Need to send 'em up on the next space shuttle or Soyuz and cast 'em out the airlock..  Good for nothing WoW'ers.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Them and those Wapanese (white/japanese) kids...  Really have a black/stinky place in my gut for them too... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:00:02 PM by Anodizer »

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 02:00:38 PM »
WoW is FULL of fruitloops....
WoW is a HOMEWRECKER....  I've seen countless high school athletes quit playing sports, drop out of school, and turn into overweight buffoons because of WoW..
WoW and games like it are scourges upon the gaming world....
Games/sims are meant to be played, not lived....

The MAJORITY who play WoW spend almost all their free-time playing the game..  They turn into 30 year olds that still live with their parents..

All those things that people say about people that play WoW is ABSOLUTELY true....  

Put me in the busy downtown of ANY city in the WORLD and I will point out who plays WoW, how much they play, what they weigh (most WoW players eventually end up well weighing over 300 lbs), their education, whether or not they are virgins (absolutely all who play WoW before their first piece of arse will NEVER EVER get intimate with anything except intardnet pron).

Buncha WoWer's....  I really hate those people....  Need to send up on the next space shuttle or Soyuz and cast 'em out the airlock..  Good for nuttin' WoW'ers....

Them and those Wapanese (white/japanese) kids...  Really have a black/stinky place in my gut for them too...

Are you finished or would you like to continue to get further off topic, is that even possible lol? :lol

/facepalm.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:05:05 PM by Kazaa »

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 02:03:37 PM »
Now tell us how you really feel
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
Please comprehend the thread before making these kind of "IM AMERICAN FREEDOM YEEEEA" posts.
Don't say no thanks to something that you don't care about and would clearly have no effect on how you play the game.

Hmm, are you, perhaps, trying to corner the elitest European Ahole market? The above statement was totally outta line.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »
Now tell us how you really feel

haha, any chance that freak in the picture you posted tried to date your daughter? Is that why your so  :furious about WoW players.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:14:47 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »
haha, any chance that freak in the picture you posted tried to date your daughter? Is that why your so  :furious about WoW players.

Ah jeeze...  If you haven't gotten it already, it was a joke, friend.... :lol

But WoW does have some weird arsed lookin' people playing it......That much is a fact....

Also, I don't have daughters..  I have two boys....  And if WoW is still around when they grow up, they are absolutely forbidden from ever playing it.....ever.....

80th FS "Headhunters"