Author Topic: I crave more competition!  (Read 8316 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: I crave more competition!
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »
Maybe a skin allowed for pilots with high-strikes ?

neon-green  50 strike-kills
checker black/white 100 streak-kills
red/white checker  200 strike-kills

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2009, 03:47:10 AM »

I do like the idea of the ladder system, whoever said that the learning curve is too steep for the everyday gamer IS correct. Most will not take the time to get good at this game. This idea is just a way for the people who enjoy KOTH to have more frequent events.

Too bad the stereotypes of WoW is such a turn off, I for one used to play and I am not some over weight socially deprived teen who is doing nothing with their life. I also have friends who have played and are going to school to become teachers, veterinarians, and doctors so not all people who play WoW are uneducated, I'm going to school for Network Administration so like I said not everyone who plays that game is a complete loser.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2009, 04:16:06 AM »
I never called you any names. Again, lack of comprehension on your part. Thanks for proving my point.

I find it hilarious how much of a hypocrite you are though.

"You are quite the tool." that was you.

I haven't called you any names. I have commented on the nature what you've written. Quite different. Again, you lack comprehension abilities. This could go on forever but you clearly don't have anything to  say on the OP issue even if you do finally understand what he means.
You did call him "names," in the sense of the word.  His comprehension is fine, you however, are way out of line.  Irregardless of how indirect your comment was to him, you were just talking down an entire country of people because of something they may or may not value more than yourself.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2009, 05:19:22 AM »
Ah...the age old conumdrum of being the best. What next? Where to? It's either invent new things to be the best in, constant fruitless struggle to remain static or....just downhill. ouch.  :D
 :P
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2009, 06:46:45 AM »
well obviously alot of different view points :)  On development, who knows if it will draw more players to a niche market.  Would people who are not interested in WW2 era planes/combat become interested if only because of the prospect of getting an online title and a door prize?  If it does, then what affect will it have on the MAs?  Will HTC have to become a larger company....and if so, what effect will that have on all of the services they provide from customer support to in game developments?  Does HT want a whole new set of headaches?

From a personal point of view, the day that HT starts offering door prizes and online titles to people is the day that I think AH jumps the shark.  Moving away from a sandbox game, and into the realm of attempting to attract the masses for the bottom line.  I think as a community, and assuming that this would be widely successful, do we really want many players in game who care nothing of the genre or the game itself, but only for rank/score/title/prizes?  I can think of only 1 time HTC offered prizes....I won't get into how that went.  Heck, I forgot who won.

Not trying to offend Kazaa, but I don't see how wanting more competition, but no added challenge is going to be possible.  Usually with greater competition, the greater the challenge.  In AH, as players get better, they can artificially up both by selecting different planes and by how they choose to fly in game.  I honestly don't think that adding an in game ladder system is going to attract a huge player base, which (in the thread) seems like the motivation for HTC to implement this in the first place. And if it does, it will have an effect on the entire community. Also, there is always the possibility of starting up a ladder of your own.  Ya it takes more more work on your end, and will be tougher to coordinate, but it is an option, especially if you are really zealous about this issue.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:50:04 AM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »
Not trying to offend Kazaa, but I don't see how wanting more competition, but no added challenge is going to be possible. 

A careful read of what he posted shows that he isn't asking for more competition...he is asking for more recognition.

In other words, just getting your name in lights in one arena isn't enough. :)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »
Lets briefly consider comprehension and inferrence:

I really love this one.  I won't even edit it:

I quite thouroughly comrehended what you wrote.  You, on the other hand, did not comprehend what I wrote or even what you yourself wrote.  It's beginning to appear that your skills toolbox is pretty light.

As Steve pointed out your sentence completely imploded on itself.
I didn't call you any names, I commented on the nature of what you wrote. That simple. You on the other hand threw out a plethora of personal insults while straight up denying it

"Only the immature, ignorant, unintelligent and uneducated feel the need to resort to name calling.  I see all four shoes fit you."

Possibly the most hypocritical line I've ever read. Stop fooling yourself that you're above me. At least I'm not a hypocrite.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2009, 09:24:52 AM »
As Steve pointed out your sentence completely imploded on itself.
I didn't call you any names, I commented on the nature of what you wrote. That simple. You on the other hand threw out a plethora of personal insults while straight up denying it

"Only the immature, ignorant, unintelligent and uneducated feel the need to resort to name calling.  I see all four shoes fit you."

Possibly the most hypocritical line I've ever read. Stop fooling yourself that you're above me. At least I'm not a hypocrite.

And yet you've still avoided showing me where in the OP it said that this new idea was optional. 

You've not only not appologized when I said I was offended, but continued to offend, not only me but literally every free democracy in the world.

You don't even know when you're calling people names and can't comprehend when you're being called a name.  Nevermind, Steve will point it out for you again the next time it happens. 

I stand by the my statement that you are immature, ignorant, unintelligent and uneducated.  Those aren't names, they are simply observations of your behavior.

Case in point.  In your third reply reply you stated:

Instead of making a dumbazz assumption and getting negative on the thread you clearly dont COMPREHEND why didnt you just ask.

And then went on to continue to insult me.

In my original post I ASKED:

What if I don't want to be on a team...

Well, DUH!  And you talk about MY comprehension skills?

I'm not a hipocrit.  I'm just not willing to let a backwoods Internet hillbilly push me around on the BBs.  BTW, that wasn't a name either... just further observation.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
You've stooped to a pathetic level I'm not going to bother following. Enjoy your BBS cyberwarrior victory.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2009, 10:09:31 AM »
-1 try a harder planes.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »
It's competition here already. They're several events which you can partake in as well as trying new and much more difficult planes than your current favorites.

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »
It's competition here already. They're several events which you can partake in as well as trying new and much more difficult planes than your current favorites.

:salute

AFAIK Kazaa partakes in all the competition events. He already won KOTH and right now in the SDL there aren't many matches going on. KOTH only comes around twice a week.
It would be nice to have one every week, add CM's if necessary it's not like they're paid staff. Or make a proper duelling competition once a week as koth can be a bit devious :)

Like a duelling ladder each week with a new ride. That way people would be encouraged to hit the envelope in every plane.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:26:08 AM by RumbleB »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »
If all else fails you guys could try and help (I think it's) Daddog in getting the Dueling Ladder back up.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
If all else fails you guys could try and help (I think it's) Daddog in getting the Dueling Ladder back up.

That's a start m00t. I'll PM Daddog about it. :rock

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »
PM me for a DA bout.....I'm sure I could dust off some old ownage skills and give you some competition. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"