Author Topic: I crave more competition!  (Read 8335 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: I crave more competition!
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2009, 10:52:06 AM »
PM me for a DA bout.....I'm sure I could dust off some old ownage skills and give you some competition. :aok

I would love to do some DA Skyrock, but unfortunate my P.C is out of action. :cry

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »
I don't mean to hijack this thread from the OP, but this is a good example of what this and other games that were meant purely for entertainment has become, an obsession.
Take a moment and look at what today's generation of teenagers are doing and where they are placing their priorities in life.  Enjoy the game for what it is, a pastime, something to do with spare time, rainy days, etc. well after you have done the following for example:  Hang out outside more often with real people, go fishing, camping, work on your car, and do as teenagers used to do many many moons ago, chase tail.   :aok

Point being their is much more to your young lives than eating it up drumming up competition to play a on-line game that already eats up much of your developing time. 

Whats good for business is not necessarily good for you. 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
Dadsguns ingame time this month:
67 hours

Kazaa:

RumbleB:

Not sure who your post is aimed at but thanks for the life advice :)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2009, 11:19:25 AM »
<<40 yrs old.  Well past my teenage years.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »
Not sure if there are any teenagers in this thread besides Banshee and motherland who oppose of everything mentioned in here.

I'm 23 and live a very active life else I'm sure I'd have more time to play. When I do play I'd like it to count for something however. After 4 years of this game I don't mind the competitive edge and much prefer to fight against people who are highly skilled, swhy I participate in KOTH and SDL.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:26:07 AM by RumbleB »

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
<<40 yrs old.  Well past my teenage years.

40 or not 67 hours is a bit much.

Why don't you take your own advice and go outside?
Deviant

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »
this month:
SkyRock  15hours

last month:
SkyRock 15hours

:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »
The most competitive people on earth always have one goal in mind, and only one.  Better themselves.  The other participants are just props to use in that exercise.
:aok ROC
Quoted for truth

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
I'm 21, most of my time is spent working...

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
Yeah ROC's post kinda fell on deaf ears apparently.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2009, 01:35:32 PM »

I would love to see HTC introduce something like World of Warcraft’s very, very popular arena system into AH2. For those people who don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s a ladder system with different brackets (2v2, 3v3 and 5v5). For the system to work effectively we would need to be able to create teams and have a queue in game, maybe it could be added to the lobby. This would give players the ability to play match, after match, after match.

BaldEagl I don't know about you, but when something is being added to the lobby I think it would be considered optional. Sorry if the bold text blows 3/4 of your argument out of the water.

GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:54 PM »
It's competition here already. They're several events which you can partake in as well as trying new and much more difficult planes than your current favorites.

:salute

I do take part in events, time permitting ofc as most are outside my window of play.

I don't think a single person commenting about that topic really know enough about my flying style to comment on what planes I should and should not be flying.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:51:02 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
I don't think they commented about the plane you fly. They commented on using a plane that is inherently harder to be successful in.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »
BaldEagl I don't know about you, but when something is being added to the lobby I think it would be considered optional. Sorry if the bold text blows 3/4 of your argument out of the water.

:rofl

I don't think they commented about the plane you fly. They commented on using a plane that is inherently harder to be successful in.

So when he whoops everyone in inferior planes, then what? Where's the endgame?
I'm sure in all these years of playing he's played with a lot of inferior planes. It's not like Kaz is a 2 week dweeb and in DA we always use random planes.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »

The only way to be successful in a low ENY plane, outside a 1v1 engagement is to fly with very timid tactics. I on the other hand will take up My XVI and fly it like I stole it.

Does the IX or K4 count as a low ENY plane? If so, I'm golden. :rofl
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:14:19 PM by Kazaa »