Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Apologies
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
I dont even think he's a kid. If he was a 15yo that got into Daddys liqour cabinet for the first time I could live with it but something tells me this guy is in his 20s and had his development stunted by RedBull and computer games.

Anyway, point being, your aces Dizz compared to some of the screwballs we got running around. Ive heard 50yo men scream and curse for minutes over the rest of us not watching their "6", and do it time and time again. A few of these Queens I have to put on ignore right when I go into the game.

I truly think nobody "doesnt give" a check 6 on purpose. The game often goes to fast, and sometimes your just not paying attention. By apologizing you show your class so just let it go. Nobody is perfect.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »
Some 30 minutes a go, I logged. Frustrated and disappointed. The whole evening I've been trying to help fellow Bish defending, attacking, giving 6-calls, enemy positions; name it. I allways do; Bish thing I thought. This evening it was different. Bish giving no 6-calls, jumping in fights without calling it out or asking, spraying a few rounds to get the quick kill etc. etc.  And that by a few well known Bish-aces.  At some point I got so frustrated, my language against a some fellow Bish at that time and moment was to rude. I'm convinded I'm in my right and just, but the language I use wasn't. I apologise for that. 
Ok man, I kinda know how you feel, during the Titanic Tuesday thing I got........well I guess insulted is what to call it. I think it was one of the LTAR's logged in, but they said, "Oh ya, just what we need. Another newb C47 pilot." when all I said was, "not sure about this thing. How high do you have to be to drop from a C47?" because last time I droped someone said serisouly that the supplies didn't make it to the ground. I was around the combat site just far close enough to see the base waitin for someone to down all the building so I could drop troops. But then a guy named Pappy was nice enough to actualy answer my question. Well any way I thought that people would be a bit nicer.

<S> Pappy

All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 04:50:07 AM »
You know I put together a small squad of friends and squad mates from another squad and the one thing I told them from the start was: We fly to have fun, we don't fly or play to get frustrated, we defend a base and if we lose it we go to another base all the while joking and having a GOOD TIME. We don't worry about what others PM us, its best to ignore and remember that the guy or gal PM'ing you is probably a teenager and like kid's he doesn't know better. We don't worry about what the rest of our country is doing, we pick when and where we fight we help defend if we want to, we fly what we want and if others don't like it, it's there problem not ours. And the most important thing is to have fun and it's just a game and it will still be here tomorrow and like a game it will not always go your way!
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline CraneMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 07:57:18 AM »
You know what really grinds my gears?? Nothing in the game ticks me off except for this one exception..
I'm on an enemies six and trying to take a good shot. I'm about to kill the poor SOB and I look back just to check my six. Low and behold there is an enemy con 800 and closing fast, Right on his six is a friendly con trying to close on him. Boom I'm DEAD!!!! GRRRR!!!

:furious :mad:

Before anyone says it's my fault, believe me I know.. But is it so hard to say hey watch out...

:salute
VF-6 Fighter Squadron            
       Fighting Six
     ~CraneMan~           

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 08:01:32 AM »
You know what really grinds my gears?? Nothing in the game ticks me off except for this one exception..
I'm on an enemies six and trying to take a good shot. I'm about to kill the poor SOB and I look back just to check my six. Low and behold there is an enemy con 800 and closing fast, Right on his six is a friendly con trying to close on him. Boom I'm DEAD!!!! GRRRR!!!

:furious :mad:

Before anyone says it's my fault, believe me I know.. But is it so hard to say hey watch out...

:salute

Do you one better, when your lined up fixing to take a shot and as soon as you pull the trigger a friendly slides in and you kill shot yourself!  :rofl
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »

Do you one better, when your lined up fixing to take a shot and as soon as you pull the trigger a friendly slides in and you kill shot yourself!  :rofl
WHILE there's an enemy on you on you :D

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
2Dizzy  :salute, Personally, I think it says a great deal about your character as a player of this game and even as a human being to man up and/or have the intestinal fortitude to admit ones faults and apologize for them to set the record straight with the world and evenmore important, in your own heart. We all make mistakes from time to time and REAL men own up to what they do be it good or bad. The check 6's and support issues are on all sides. Flying with a squad that you are a part of usually alleviates most of this. Being on for a while and getting your name and a good reputation out there helps too. As far as raising skill level, find a trainer to help with ACM's and situational awareness. For handling the various aircraft, for me, I have learned a great deal from the racing league. Just keep plugging away and don't sweat the small stuff. Remember that Aces High is a leading cause of relationship failures first, heart attacks and aneurysms second :rofl.

V/R
1MADDOG1
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »
You know I never have a problem with someone not calling my six unless we are in a furball, and then I just don't expect it because it's hard to distinguish one green icon from another in those situations. And like I tell my guys, never assume someone is always watching your six for you, always keep your head on a swivel it creates good SA. And when someone jumps you and you get shot down, you can't blame anyone but yourself, so up another free plane and have a go at it again.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 06:44:29 PM »
I just started not bothering helping out with the win the war aspect. I have to say I am having a lot more fun then I use to. I don't get as aggravated anymore. I still help take bases every now and then, mainly b/c the squad I am in is a base capture squad in my eyes. The guys are great and I guess some of them get mad when I am not helping them take a base. Anyways my point being is since I stopped worrying about winning the war I have had a lot more fun and a lot less aggravation.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »
Well you could have done worse. Last night, late, I went into the TA to hone my dive-bombing skills and ran into another TA dingbat. This one named "killer88". I never said a word to him, never saw him before. Here was his first act http://www.mediafire.com/?geyzcjz0dmu Then I left the TA, figuring he would to, upped an A-20, and here comes Killer88 again. http://www.mediafire.com/?ngjzbgzgziq

He's not even a 2 week wonder. He's been flying a few tours. "Earshot" squad sure picked up a winner with this kid. :lol

He flies rook and is always complaining about us not helping. I just started to squelch him lol. I wish I could watch mediafire, but for some reason it won't let me.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Sgtlead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 11:44:19 PM »
No worries 2Dizzy.  I agree, it takes a man to appologize.  I play for stress relief and sometimes end up more stressed.  Ive lost my temper before too.  Then there is always the ones on 200 that have to down everyone.  I got involved in this once and was ashamed of myself.

Ive learned to check my own six while trying to look out for others.  Thats fun to me.  I have made a lot of friends Ive never met face to face but look forward to flying with them online.  Your one of them.  <S>

See you in the air. :aok
In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

When you see that Mosquito easing up on your 6 relax.  Its just me.